Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 75 Perry County Central 62
Final.
Congratulations North Laurel TongueirateSho
I was close said 12 lol
Does anyone have the stats on Perry Centrals players? Would like to know how many the new transfer made and how many dunks he had.
basketballx2 Wrote:Does anyone have the stats on Perry Centrals players? Would like to know how many the new transfer made and how many dunks he had.

Jaylin Williams I think had 6 or 8 pts with 2 dunks in about 6 minutes no other trnsferrplaued.
Perry central every time I have seen them just ain’t very good.
That’s why they’ve gotten the recruit from Scott County. They are hoping this will give them enough edge to be the Regional champs this year! Don’t think there was much chance of them winning it had they not gotten the new kid. Def could change things up, especially against Knott.
And Frazier will have to go to court but Dre will be eligible too
Nice win for North Laurel
Did it look like the new kid will be a big help for PCC, and is the Cordia kids eligible or not? Heard 2 different stories.
Heard a 6'10 kid from Georgia just enrolled this morning. He has never played basketball before either so he will be eligible immediately. Looks like one more for the bad guys.
That’s great. Makes the competition even better. I’m all for kids coming to better their academics, deciding to play basketball for the first time too should help the transition for him. Exciting things happening in the 14th region.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Heard a 6'10 kid from Georgia just enrolled this morning. He has never played basketball before either so he will be eligible immediately. Looks like one more for the bad guys.

[Image:

]

PSA Baby straight from the Perry BOE....... I75 Pipeline bringing in wacky backer and extra tall kids wanting to improve their education, wowza!

#hoskystillgetssixthmanaward More mash taters please!!!
basketballx2 Wrote:That’s why they’ve gotten the recruit from Scott County. They are hoping this will give them enough edge to be the Regional champs this year! Don’t think there was much chance of them winning it had they not gotten the new kid. Def could change things up, especially against Knott.

Please don't throw "recruit" around.
Circumstances way beyond this kid's control brought him here.

But if you remember, Perry/Knott was a one-possession game in the Mountain Classic and that was before Slone got hurt. Perry was within one possession of Breathitt and they beat Hazard handily.

I don't think they're a favorite, but they've played well against or beaten the best teams the region has to offer
zaga_fan Wrote:Please don't throw "recruit" around.
Circumstances way beyond this kid's control brought him here.

But if you remember, Perry/Knott was a one-possession game in the Mountain Classic and that was before Slone got hurt. Perry was within one possession of Breathitt and they beat Hazard handily.

I don't think they're a favorite, but they've played well against or beaten the best teams the region has to offer

The kids at Cordia have came from bad situations where they are from too, but everyone still talks about them. :devilflam:devilflam:devilflam

As long as they are all getting that good education and are in a better situation that is all that matters! :Cheerlead
Patriot train Wrote:The kids at Cordia have came from bad situations where they are from too, but everyone still talks about them. :devilflam:devilflam:devilflam

As long as they are all getting that good education and are in a better situation that is all that matters! :Cheerlead

But there is a difference in a family making a conscious decision to move a kid to Lotts Creek (or anywhere else) and a kid being placed in a different school district a couple hours away by someone else.

KHSAA obviously sees it similarly since the kid was eligible immediately.
And they happened to pick Perry Central because they have an outstanding education program. And just so happens to have needed a big guy. Nobody believes it just happened with nothing to do with Perry needing another player. But regardless, I hope he’s treated good by the family he is staying with now. Every child deserves a good upbringing. And if he gets that by being here, then it’s worth it. I just worry that kids will start getting “used” that’s in foster systems just for basketball. These kids already have enough emotional struggles to deal with, being used shouldn’t be added to the list. I pray this doesn’t happen or become a trend for local high schools to recruit without “recruiting” just to get instant KHSAA eligibility. And this isn’t referring to the new player, I know nothing about “why” he was placed at Perry. I just hope this wasn’t the case.
basketballx2 Wrote:And they happened to pick Perry Central because they have an outstanding education program. And just so happens to have needed a big guy. Nobody believes it just happened with nothing to do with Perry needing another player. But regardless, I hope he’s treated good by the family he is staying with now. Every child deserves a good upbringing. And if he gets that by being here, then it’s worth it. I just worry that kids will start getting “used” that’s in foster systems just for basketball. These kids already have enough emotional struggles to deal with, being used shouldn’t be added to the list. I pray this doesn’t happen or become a trend for local high schools to recruit without “recruiting” just to get instant KHSAA eligibility. And this isn’t referring to the new player, I know nothing about “why” he was placed at Perry. I just hope this wasn’t the case.

Confusedhh::Thumbs::Thumbs: