Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MORE RUMORS...June Buchannan to Shelby Valley
Anyone can attend any open gym and not get in trouble with the KHSAA. That is why it is called open gym. The rules for that are that the coaches cant give instructions as to setting up plays, working on presses under coaches instructions. But they are allowed to judge talent. The problems or maybe blessings for SV would be where their basketball coach is also the assistant principal. Student/athletes are supposed to talk to the principal or assistant principal first and foremost and not the basketball coach. So what happens when the two are the same person? I for one think that SV will be a better team if they didnt transfer to school there. Who as a coach should sit? Would they come in and take starting jobs from the 15th region champs? Or would they be willing to give up their starting spots at JBS to ride the pine at another school? Remember the ole saying, if it seems to good to be true, it usually is.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
kj52 Wrote:Why restart these rumors now? Do you have any concrete info to confirm your post?

I tlaked to a SV student has actually seen them around school this week. She said that the English teacher Mrs. Gillipin asked her best friend to show them around the school.

I am not going to give the name of the student who told me so you don't have to believe me or anything.
Grand Slam Wrote:word is landon slone is going to jbs

lol Smile
we will see this summer who they play with.
sources say they have never missed a jbs open gym
KCCFAN23 Wrote:i wasnt saying nething about illegal activity i was defending the boys

I'm sorry KCCFAN23. I accidentally quoted you instead of bball fan. I have no idea where these boys will go to school, I just know they play on Valley's AAU team.
Why would someone say Go Eagles, oops I mean Widcats other than to make the Dorton Boys angry. I guess they want to cause trouble on the Valley team. Well it ain't gonna happen so Get a life bub! These boys are all Valley kids and they all represent both Dorton and Virgie communities.
Why would it cause problems, last years starters consisted of more Dorton kids than Virgie, and at a point, was 4 to 1 in favor of Dorton.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Why would it cause problems, last years starters consisted of more Dorton kids than Virgie, and at a point, was 4 to 1 in favor of Dorton.

Actually 3 to 2

Dorton - The bryant boys, and justice
Virge - Newsome and Hatfield
I said more of Dorton than Virgie, and at a point, like when Kyle started, it was 4 to 1, read posts before you reply with useless posts.
pud Wrote:Why would someone say Go Eagles, oops I mean Widcats other than to make the Dorton Boys angry. I guess they want to cause trouble on the Valley team. Well it ain't gonna happen so Get a life bub! These boys are all Valley kids and they all represent both Dorton and Virgie communities.

Hey who knows the pharmacist may be Virgie Eagle alumni.
Garrison Collins came to LCC for open gym the other day...... some of the kids were telling me about it!
i hope they leave it would make the 14th region better competition.
The_Pistol Wrote:Actually 3 to 2

Dorton - The bryant boys, and justice
Virge - Newsome and Hatfield

hatfield is from phelps
Grand Slam Wrote:hatfield is from phelps

No, he played 7th and8th grade at Virgie, so he's from Virgie.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:No, he played 7th and8th grade at Virgie, so he's from Virgie.

But he lives at Phelps.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Some of these kids go visit other schools because it makes them feel good to get all that attention. Transferring to another school to play a sport is not as easy as it used to be and I think when it is all said neither kid will leave JBS but they will enjoy the attention they are receiving for now.
I just wonder how much hair pulling and sweating the Stepps are doing over all this talk and visiting the other schools.
lol, they probabily could care less, they still have Clark...lol
Dorton and Virgie are part of the Shelby Valley community. Once they enter the doors of SV as freshmen we need to leave all of the junior high stuff at the junior high schools. The kids have enough to get used to without having everyone keeping tabs on the number of Dorton vs. Virgie kids on the team and starting. As far as the JBS kids go, if their families are willing to relocate to the Valley in order for their kids to play ball then they can. It is a little sad to think a family would go through all of that for a few years of b-ball, but crazier things have happened.
GLAMOROUS Wrote:Dorton and Virgie are part of the Shelby Valley community. Once they enter the doors of SV as freshmen we need to leave all of the junior high stuff at the junior high schools. The kids have enough to get used to without having everyone keeping tabs on the number of Dorton vs. Virgie kids on the team and starting. As far as the JBS kids go, if their families are willing to relocate to the Valley in order for their kids to play ball then they can. It is a little sad to think a family would go through all of that for a few years of b-ball, but crazier things have happened.
I happen to know that these families you are talking about own businesses in Virgie and Jenkins. They also have family in Pikeville. So maybe it is not so sad as you think. And maybe there are reasons that you don't know about.
bball fan Wrote:Since school is not out yet and they haven't enrolled at SV....this is illegal... so the KHSAA will be calling on SV very soon. They will probably get put on probation after this which means they won't get to play in the post season next year!!!

Tell your source thanks!!!!

First off the Cox and Garrison statement isnt even 1007 true so dont go pointing fingers at anyone, and this thread is getting on the verge of being close for good!
Well this is all done, heard Tate went to Hazard and is enrolled there now.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Well this is all done, heard Tate went to Hazard and is enrolled there now.

whats your source
even though this is just a rumor, its a pretty dang close to the truth rumor if you ask me
Okay so i do know that 3 JBS boys are possibly coming to valley next school year...*Garrison *&* his twin brother...*&* Tate*. This past week...they were hanging out with some of the Valley ball players during classes...just to see if i guess they liked it or not* I do know that we are not to my knowledge losing any of our original VALLEY ball players. Logan...Taylor... *&* who ever else you guys mentioned are staying*** LoL.....

I do also know that coach booher is pretty equal when it comes to all the players...if the JBS boys are better than our original starters...then yeah he'll more than likely replace our starters. 15th region champions or not...that was last season...maybe these boys can help us be 15th region champions...possibly STATE champions this season* Everyone deserves a chance*** =)

*svhs cheerleader*
just so everyone knows......the stepp boys arent leaving jbs as long as daddy dearest is the dean of alice lloyd
LUMBERJACK'06 Wrote:just so everyone knows......the stepp boys arent leaving jbs as long as daddy dearest is the dean of alice lloyd
I don't think anybody thought that they were going any where. Nobody would leave a set up like they have. Daddy Joe is the President of ALC, uncle jim is the vice president of ALC and asistent coach of JBS. Uncle Gary is the Asistant headmaster of JBS, Coach of JBS, math teacher and athletic director.