Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Henry Is Going to Jail...
Suspended Bengals receiver Chris Henry reportedly failed a court-ordered drug test and will have to serve 88 days in jail. Henry is on probation in Florida. Henry, who has been arrested four times since December 2005, has been suspended for the first eight games of next season for violating the NFL's conduct policies. He spent two days in jail last January after pleading guilty to letting minors drink alcohol in a hotel room he had rented.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2877555
Sad if it's true, but you also didn't put in the part where Henry's lawyer said it came back negative, then it said they backed off, now they're awaiting results from a second test, so who knows.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Marvin Lewis needs to clean house this is crazy.
ESPN Outside The Lines reporting the first result may have been a false positive. It looks like Henry is clean on this one.
rallo316 Wrote:Marvin Lewis needs to clean house this is crazy.

First off, read the posts above and below yours, the first test might be wrong.

Second, clean house? Do you know what that means? It means get rid of everybody (or almost everybody), so why would we do that when it's only a small percentage of the team that's had problems. Furthermore, those people aren't even for sure on the team now, nor were they ever players who were big names in the organization.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
chris henry sure aint a big name cause he wont even jump up for a ball on fourth down.
BFritz Wrote:First off, read the posts above and below yours, the first test might be wrong.

Second, clean house? Do you know what that means? It means get rid of everybody (or almost everybody), so why would we do that when it's only a small percentage of the team that's had problems. Furthermore, those people aren't even for sure on the team now, nor were they ever players who were big names in the organization.

Hey BFritz......remember the other day when we were talking about if it wasn't a negative, some folks didn't want a part of it? Well......here's the article from Bengals .com. BTW....isn't that a wonderful thing Chad and Madieu are doing for those kids?

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6061
Bengal Cat Wrote:Hey BFritz......remember the other day when we were talking about if it wasn't a negative, some folks didn't want a part of it?

I think that the problem stems from the fact that there are troubles within the Bengals organization and people just do not want to admit it. The problems need to be dealt with internally and until that happens it makes for fodder for discussion boards. For every wrong I am sure that someone out there can find a right. But that still does not mean that the wrongs are not there. Until the wrongs get taken care of the talk will continue. We hear more about the Bengals than other NFL teams simply because they are local to our state and the news don't have to travel far. So please do not get offended when these situations are brought up.
Midee1 Wrote:I think that the problem stems from the fact that there are troubles within the Bengals organization and people just do not want to admit it. The problems need to be dealt with internally and until that happens it makes for fodder for discussion boards. For every wrong I am sure that someone out there can find a right. But that still does not mean that the wrongs are not there. Until the wrongs get taken care of the talk will continue. We hear more about the Bengals than other NFL teams simply because they are local to our state and the news don't have to travel far. So please do not get offended when these situations are brought up.

No offense taken. Just trying to point out that they are trying to take a stand on these issues. From game suspensions to docking pay to not drafting anyone with character issues. They have taken some chances on people and got burned. But for anyone to suggest the whole team is like that is going a little overboard IMO.
Hopefully this isnt the truth, and hopefully Henry will straighten himself up.
-STATS- Wrote:Hopefully this isnt the truth, and hopefully Henry will straighten himself up.

Whats sad is....some of these young men have a chance of a lifetime and they are about to waste it. Thats sad regardless of which team they play for.
Midee1 Wrote:I think that the problem stems from the fact that there are troubles within the Bengals organization and people just do not want to admit it. The problems need to be dealt with internally and until that happens it makes for fodder for discussion boards. For every wrong I am sure that someone out there can find a right. But that still does not mean that the wrongs are not there. Until the wrongs get taken care of the talk will continue. We hear more about the Bengals than other NFL teams simply because they are local to our state and the news don't have to travel far. So please do not get offended when these situations are brought up.

I disagree. I, as well as probably any Bengals fan on this board, would admit that there have been problems within the Bengals organization. Furthermore, I believe the organization itself has admitted that there have been mistakes made, both by the knucklehead players and by the front office for bringing in these players. Marvin Lewis has come out and said that things are going to change, and the draft this year showed that by the team not taking any character risks.

I think that the Bengals, as a team, get an unfair rap due to the actions of a few. The majority of the players are good citizens, and I think those of us Bengals fans get tired of only hearing the negative, when at the same time positive stories get swept under the rug.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am going to be completly honest with you... Chris Henry isn't worth the trouble... he isn't even a very good #3 receiver IMO...

I'd cut him...
FreakNasty Wrote:I am going to be completly honest with you... Chris Henry isn't worth the trouble... he isn't even a very good #3 receiver IMO...

I'd cut him...

See, I think he is worth the trouble because he could be a number one or number two receiver on other teams....... but I don't know if he's worth this much trouble...... who knows though because it could be true that the test did in fact come back negative, in which case we're criticizing the man for nothing.
Henry has the raw talent to be a very good receiver, but who knows if he will ever get his head straight & work hard enough to be a top guy. Look at Randy Moss: as much talent as any WR ever, but without the heart or the work ethic of a Jerry Rice.
FreakNasty Wrote:I am going to be completly honest with you... Chris Henry isn't worth the trouble... he isn't even a very good #3 receiver IMO...

I'd cut him...

No way would I cut him, he's too talented. He will be no better than the #3 guy at Cincy, but he would start for many teams in the league (assuming he gets his head on straight). I would trade him for a draft pick, but no way would I let him go for nothing. If we did, he would probably end up signing with Baltimore and terrorizing us twice a year.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:No way would I cut him, he's too talented. He will be no better than the #3 guy at Cincy, but he would start for many teams in the league (assuming he gets his head on straight). I would trade him for a draft pick, but no way would I let him go for nothing. If we did, he would probably end up signing with Baltimore and terrorizing us twice a year.

There isn't a team in the league that would trade for him....

If you really want to send a message to the league that your cleaning up your act, you cut him... I know cutting Nicholson is a step, but he was borderline to make the team out of camp....
FreakNasty Wrote:There isn't a team in the league that would trade for him....

If you really want to send a message to the league that your cleaning up your act, you cut him... I know cutting Nicholson is a step, but he was borderline to make the team out of camp....

Whether or not someone would be willing to trade for him, there would definitely be plenty of teams that would try to sign him if he was cut by the Bengals. He is simply too talented for some receiver-starved team to pass on him for nothing.

Personally, I hope they don't cut him or trade him.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Whether or not someone would be willing to trade for him, there would definitely be plenty of teams that would try to sign him if he was cut by the Bengals. He is simply too talented for some receiver-starved team to pass on him for nothing.

Personally, I hope they don't cut him or trade him.

Your dead on about someone picking him up if he was released... but they wouldn't trade a pick for him knowing his history...
More Cowbell Wrote:I disagree. I, as well as probably any Bengals fan on this board, would admit that there have been problems within the Bengals organization. Furthermore, I believe the organization itself has admitted that there have been mistakes made, both by the knucklehead players and by the front office for bringing in these players. Marvin Lewis has come out and said that things are going to change, and the draft this year showed that by the team not taking any character risks.

I think that the Bengals, as a team, get an unfair rap due to the actions of a few. The majority of the players are good citizens, and I think those of us Bengals fans get tired of only hearing the negative, when at the same time positive stories get swept under the rug.

AMEN!
If this story is true then I hope they don't cut or trade him from the team but rather let him sort through his own mess and sit out the season (that is want I am expecting from the NFL penalty) and let the jail time possibly send a message to him. I know that everyone will moan about how many chances he has had but as the penalties begin to get steeper and steeper hopefully he will realize how lifechanging this will be if he continues down this road.

At the end of the day it is what he thinks of himself that matters most (either he is prideful or shameful for his actions) and hopefully jail will help him realize that.
I cant believe the guy hasnt killed anybody yet. He's a thug, he'll always be a thug, and he'll be out of the league by the time he's 30 BECAUSE he's a thug. Yes, if Cincy cuts him, then somebody will pick him up (probably the Raiders), but I agree that they should cut him. If Cincy cuts this guy right after Nicholson, then the rest of the thugs on that team may straighten up. Up until now, other than Goodell being named Commisioner, theyve had nothing to fear, and truly, theyve really never had anything to fear with their own front office. Personally, I could care less what happens to Chris Henry. I despise Henry more than anybody in pro football, and it wouldnt hurt my feelings a bit if he ever had to pull serious time. He'll screw up. Thats what he does. He's a thug with way too much money and way too little brains, and he'll screw up again (multiple times). Id LOVE to see Goodell eventually suspend him for life and see him wearing another set of orange for awhile (with Ohio State Pen. on the back)..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I cant believe the guy hasnt killed anybody yet. He's a thug, he'll always be a thug, and he'll be out of the league by the time he's 30 BECAUSE he's a thug. Yes, if Cincy cuts him, then somebody will pick him up (probably the Raiders), but I agree that they should cut him. If Cincy cuts this guy right after Nicholson, then the rest of the thugs on that team may straighten up. Up until now, other than Goodell being named Commisioner, theyve had nothing to fear, and truly, theyve really never had anything to fear with their own front office. Personally, I could care less what happens to Chris Henry. I despise Henry more than anybody in pro football, and it wouldnt hurt my feelings a bit if he ever had to pull serious time. He'll screw up. Thats what he does. He's a thug with way too much money and way too little brains, and he'll screw up again (multiple times). Id LOVE to see Goodell eventually suspend him for life and see him wearing another set of orange for awhile (with Ohio State Pen. on the back)..

Now official, the tests were negative, so it was a false accusation. Therefore, very little of that post has merit, and you've offended me and a few other fans, I'm sure. He has caused problems, but he could have very well turned a corner. If you're perfect, then by all means, cast the first stone, but don't go condemning him in the present for something that he didn't do........

From the Bengals website:
Quote:Henry’s local lawyer, Robert Lotz, has been quoted in the last hour by Cincinnati television station Channel 5 as saying his client is owed an apology.
I agree, and so is everyone who correctly defended him against everyone who is bashing him and saying things like
Quote:I cant believe the guy hasnt killed anybody yet. He's a thug, he'll always be a thug, and he'll be out of the league by the time he's 30 BECAUSE he's a thug.
and
Quote:Id LOVE to see Goodell eventually suspend him for life and see him wearing another set of orange for awhile (with Ohio State Pen. on the back)..
I dont care if he passed that test or not, its just a matter of time till he screws up again..you know it, and all of you "fans that I have offended" KNOW it as well..Ill stand by my post without apology. No I am not perfect, but compared to Chris Henry, Im darn near close to it. I wouldnt care if he was a Steeler, Id scream for them to cut him, and if he was a Steeler, he'd be unemployed. I know, like I said that he'd get picked up, but regardless, Henry is a thug, and is nowhere near turning that corner.
BFritz Wrote:Now official, the tests were negative, so it was a false accusation. Therefore, very little of that post has merit, and you've offended me and a few other fans, I'm sure. He has caused problems, but he could have very well turned a corner. If you're perfect, then by all means, cast the first stone, but don't go condemning him in the present for something that he didn't do........

From the Bengals website:
I agree, and so is everyone who correctly defended him against everyone who is bashing him and saying things like
and
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I dont care if he passed that test or not, its just a matter of time till he screws up again..you know it, and all of you "fans that I have offended" KNOW it as well..Ill stand by my post without apology. No I am not perfect, but compared to Chris Henry, Im darn near close to it. I wouldnt care if he was a Steeler, Id scream for them to cut him, and if he was a Steeler, he'd be unemployed. I know, like I said that he'd get picked up, but regardless, Henry is a thug, and is nowhere near turning that corner.

So, Henry has screwed up 10 times or so or less that you know of, and you've screwed up less times in your life than that? You've done wrong less times than that, whether you got caught or injured someone physically OR emotionally? Man, our world would be a much better place if a fraction of 1% of people screwed up as little as you.
yeah your right. Everybody needs to be like me :thumpsup:
BFritz Wrote:So, Henry has screwed up 10 times or so or less that you know of, and you've screwed up less times in your life than that? You've done wrong less times than that, whether you got caught or injured someone physically OR emotionally? Man, our world would be a much better place if a fraction of 1% of people screwed up as little as you.
BFritz Wrote:So, Henry has screwed up 10 times or so or less that you know of, and you've screwed up less times in your life than that? You've done wrong less times than that, whether you got caught or injured someone physically OR emotionally? Man, our world would be a much better place if a fraction of 1% of people screwed up as little as you.

We Bengal fans can look at it this way....if Chris Henry does get his life together, maybe in a couple of years all of this will be forgoten. Afterall, you never hear about Ray Lewis and his MURDER trial anymore.
Let me say that the decision today wouldnt have had anything to do with my thoughts on the situation... I probably would have released him after his pitiful effort to catch a ball against Baltimore in a key division game midway through last year...

Hopefully he keeps his head on straight... but somehow I doubt it will last long...
I would think (hope?) that Henry realizes that this is likely his last shot to play in the NFL. One more screw-up, and he'll be out of the league. I hope the man doesn't want to be banished to the CFL like Ricky "The Chronic" Williams.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]