Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry in the region?
any thoughts?
Record wise Belfry, is probably the 4th best in the region with their overall 18-12 and regional record of 13-9. With the top three record wise being from the 57th district, Belfry hypothetically speaking could be the 3rd best team going into the region. With a couple of suspect losses to SC and East Ridge, especially the ER loss, makes Belfry suspect. In saying that this region is wide open but I feel the regional champ will come from the 57th district.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Record wise Belfry, is probably the 4th best in the region with their overall 18-12 and regional record of 13-9. With the top three record wise being from the 57th district, Belfry hypothetically speaking could be the 3rd best team going into the region. With a couple of suspect losses to SC and East Ridge, especially the ER loss, makes Belfry suspect. In saying that this region is wide open but I feel the regional champ will come from the 57th district.
They may not have the 4th best record, but Pikeville is easily the best team outside of the 57th district.
Belfry couldnt have finished the regular season anyworse, limping in to the district championship. My thoughts are that if Beflry wins the 60th, then gets a good 1st round draw they have as good of chance as any, but if the lose the 60th for the 3rd year straight then there one and done in the region.
Pikeville is in the 59th district.

Belfry has the potential to beat teams, but they have to play their best. To do well in the regional tournament, Belfry will have to play their best, every night.
thats exactly right, to win the region you have to play pert near perfect everynight, and belfry is not consistent AT ALL.
Phelps will win 60th district.
Belfry will win the 60th only if their best defense is on the field. Hagy has went with offense and they are not producing, he forgot the defense and with that went the pitching. Belfry has pitchers capable holding the score down, but without a solid defense the pitchers get rattlled and that is why they lost to SC and ER. I say they take the 60th and will win 1 in the region!!!!