Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Dunk Ever
What was the best HS dunk of 06-07 season.
This is a HS thread...keep these to HS dunks.
That's why there are separate forums.
Kris Adams of Powell had a nice oop from Jeremy Banks of Powell on Louisville Iroqouis
Thanks for the info your guys are really friendly
Wright from Belfry it was against Pike Central he shattered the backboard I can not remember the year I have a piece of the glass in my room.
billy rice on leonard macon of danville
fake-u-out Wrote:billy rice on leonard macon of danville

I believe Leonard Macon dunked on Billy Rice...
I think it would have to be the dunk that Todd Tackett threw off the backboard to J.R. Vanhoose in an eighth grade game.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Wright from Belfry it was against Pike Central he shattered the backboard I can not remember the year I have a piece of the glass in my room.

Quote:
I think it would have to be the dunk that Todd Tackett threw off the backboard to J.R. Vanhoose in an eighth grade game.

This thread is about dunks in the 06-07 season.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Wright from Belfry it was against Pike Central he shattered the backboard I can not remember the year I have a piece of the glass in my room.

Wasn't that in warm-ups? The only time I recall that the backboard has been shattered at PCC was during warm-ups and they showed it on Sports Overtime.
Sorry, I didn't catch that part.Wink
GRIZZ Wrote:Wasn't that in warm-ups? The only time I recall that the backboard has been shattered at PCC was during warm-ups and they showed it on Sports Overtime.

I remember it, but I thought it was the boy from PCC who shattered it, Shawn somethin, forget his last name.
^That's not a very impressive dunk.
Yeah that wasn't a very impressive dunk.
The thread says "What was the best HS dunk of 06-07 season." How many other dunks did the 15th actually have last year? Not to many. So I think that was one of the best dunks that we had in the 15th last year.
The Adams dunk was very impressive since we only get 1 or 2 a year in the 15th Region. I think what made this dunk so nice is that an ER Warrior player got "posterized"!!!!
villefan Wrote:I think it would have to be the dunk that Todd Tackett threw off the backboard to J.R. Vanhoose in an eighth grade game.

I don't remember that one, but Todd and myself had some nice dunks during our high school career. The best one I remember is when Todd dunked on a kid from Hazard, that was trying to block the shot, during our Senior Night game that was live on WYMT. I may have a picture of it, or video of it somewhere if I can find it!
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:I don't remember that one, but Todd and myself had some nice dunks during our high school career. The best one I remember is when Todd dunked on a kid from Hazard, that was trying to block the shot, during our Senior Night game that was live on WYMT. I may have a picture of it, or video of it somewhere if I can find it!

Don't cut yourself short big man, the best one I've seen of a Paintsville player was your reverse dunk off of an ally oop up at Pikeville.
GRIZZ Wrote:Don't cut yourself short big man, the best one I've seen of a Paintsville player was your reverse dunk off of an ally oop up at Pikeville.

I must admit, that was pretty crazy! I couldn't believe that I did it either!!
Tackett was a tremedous talent?? What's he doing now??
Sorry J.R. I personally didn't see the dunk I was just told about it.Wink Todd is currently working for his Dad in the mines.
I will agree, watching Todd and JR was exciting. Hummm the good ole days.
[quote=BoondockSaint]^That's not a very impressive dunk.[/quote
Agreed...looked like he put everything into it an barely got up at all.