Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best teams in the 13th region “now”
Now that we’ve all seen most or some of the teams play, what’s your take on the best teams in the 13th? I’ll add mine tomorrow. 🏀
1. South Laurel
2. Knox Central
3. Clay County
4. Corbin
5. Harlan County
5. Bell County ( moving up )
7. North Laurel
South Laurel #1 and Clay County #2.
1. SL
2. Clay County
3. KC
4. Harlan Co.
5. Corbin
6. Bell Co.
7. NL
8-17 outside looking in
South clear #1. Knox and Clay are not far behind. After that you can put them in a bag and shake them out.
NL is the mystery team. Withstood a big SL run the other night and rallied back to almost pull the upset. They follow that up with losses to Paintsville and Bell,
1. South
2. Clay
3. KC
4. Corbin
Clay
Knox
South
Bell
Corbin
North
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Clay
Knox
South
Bell
Corbin
North

Guess we won’t know about KC>South, since Tony Patterson won’t schedule SL. We will see South in Manchester in a couple of weeks.
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Guess we won’t know about KC>South, since Tony Patterson won’t schedule SL. We will see South in Manchester in a couple of weeks.

I just think KC matches up well with South and I see Nick Martin as the difference maker.
64SUR Wrote:1. South Laurel
2. Knox Central
3. Clay County
4. Corbin
5. Harlan County
5. Bell County ( moving up )
7. North Laurel

7 hrs later Clay moved to #2 after beating a good Huntington Prep team, very well could be #1 :worthy:

1. South Laurel
2. Clay County
3. Knox Central
4. Corbin
5. Harlan County
5. Bell County
7. North Laurel
South then Clay/Knox
64SUR Wrote:7 hrs later Clay moved to #2 after beating a good Huntington Prep team, very well could be #1 :worthy:

1. South Laurel
2. Clay County
3. Knox Central
4. Corbin
5. Harlan County
5. Bell County
7. North Laurel

Pulaski just beat one of those "good" Huntington teams 88-60. Was told both teams was a mix from the 2nd and 3rd teams.
Clay wore them down for Pulaski, I'm sure of it, lol......even in this day where most kids show up for an AAU tourney and can play 3 games within 3-4 hours.
1. South Laurel
2. Clay County
3. Corbin
4. Knox Central
5. Bell County
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Clay
Knox
South
Bell
Corbin
North

South 3rd???
I like the list, but would switch Corbin and Harlan County right now. Harlan County with 2 losses by 4 points in WYMT CLASSIC. I need to see more of Corbin besides the S.L. game.
That is using 64SUR's list. Thanks.
four quarters Wrote:I like the list, but would switch Corbin and Harlan County right now. Harlan County with 2 losses by 4 points in WYMT CLASSIC. I need to see more of Corbin besides the S.L. game.

Harlan County's best win appears to be a 17 point win against a good Breathitt Co team to open the season. What concerns me most about Harlan County is recent close games against the likes of Jackson County, Middlesboro and Bell County.
rojas Wrote:South 3rd???

Think right now Clay is playing the best ball and I believe KC just matches up better with SL. I’ve just not been overly impressed with south like i thought I’d be.
rojas Wrote:Harlan County's best win appears to be a 17 point win against a good Breathitt Co team to open the season. What concerns me most about Harlan County is recent close games against the likes of Jackson County, Middlesboro and Bell County.

I haven't seen Jackson Co., but wins over Middlesboro and Bell are pretty big wins in the 13th. Both teams are much improved from last year.
I think after the two Christmas tournaments we will be able to tell more about S.L.
Looks like everyone had Corbin from 3 to 5. Talking about Corbin folks
Xerxes Wrote:Looks like everyone had Corbin from 3 to 5. Talking about Corbin folks

Good luck against Knox Central tonight Confusednicker:
SL and Clay