Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Football Players in 2008 Draft
I just read in the Lexington paper where some ESPN draft expert has ranked the players expected to be in next year's draft, and he has Andre Woodson as the #2 QB for 2008, and the #7 prospect overall. Wow!

Also, he had Keenan Burton as the #4 WR and Jacob Tamme as the #4 TE. The article in the paper didn't mention Rafael Little, although I have to think he would have a good shot to get drafted as well. Sounds like UK may hear its name called several times in 2008's draft, with Woodson possibly going top 10!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
That would be awesome to see. Woodson is very underrated. I would have to say it was Mel Kiper or Todd Mcshay if it was ESPN NFL Draft experts.
That doesn't surprise me to be honest. Woodson, IMO, is the best QB in the SEC this upcoming year, with Little being one of the best all-purpose backs in the nation. Burton as developed into a go to receiver, and Tamme is arguably tops in the SEC. Let's hope these players can form a national contender this season.
I agree with SK it wouldnt surpise me either and i also think Woodson is the best QB in SEC this up coming season. we cant forget back woodyard too he also will be a pick in the 08 draft.
More Cowbell Wrote:I just read in the Lexington paper where some ESPN draft expert has ranked the players expected to be in next year's draft, and he has Andre Woodson as the #2 QB for 2008, and the #7 prospect overall. Wow!

Also, he had Keenan Burton as the #4 WR and Jacob Tamme as the #4 TE. The article in the paper didn't mention Rafael Little, although I have to think he would have a good shot to get drafted as well. Sounds like UK may hear its name called several times in 2008's draft, with Woodson possibly going top 10!

so brohm and woodson would be the top QB's in the draft?? things are lookin good for the bluegrass state.
SLHSCard Wrote:so brohm and woodson would be the top QB's in the draft?? things are lookin good for the bluegrass state.
Certainly looking to be a more exciting Battle for the Governor's Cup, that's for sure. lol
SLHSCard Wrote:so brohm and woodson would be the top QB's in the draft?? things are lookin good for the bluegrass state.

Actually, it was also reported that the same guy had Brohm as the #1 overall prospect next year. Still, 2 QB's from the same state in the top 10 would be pretty cool.

The last time I can remember both schools with QB's like this was with Couch and Redman. Anyone remember what pick Chris Redman was? I know Couch was #1 in '99.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Actually, it was also reported that the same guy had Brohm as the #1 overall prospect next year. Still, 2 QB's from the same state in the top 10 would be pretty cool.

The last time I can remember both schools with QB's like this was with Couch and Redman. Anyone remember what pick Chris Redman was? I know Couch was #1 in '99.

If UK can continue to bring this kind of talent in how long do you think it will be before we see a major swing in the UL-UK rivalry. Also does anyone remember a particular year with this much talent coming out of the state.
I just hope that the spring scrimmage is not a indication of how Woodson's year will be...disappointing.
-STATS- Wrote:That would be awesome to see. Woodson is very underrated. I would have to say it was Mel Kiper or Todd Mcshay if it was ESPN NFL Draft experts.

I agree!
Not sure it'll happen like that but I'd love to see it.
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:I just hope that the spring scrimmage is not a indication of how Woodson's year will be...disappointing.
maybe its not woodson, maybe our defense is really steped it up under the new d-oordnator!!!!!

Not to mention Hunter Cantwell is the best #2 QB in the nation.
Mel Kiper had Andre' Woodson 6th on his hot board and had Brian Brohm 1st.

Other draft sites have Keenan Burton a 2nd round pick and have Wesley Woodyard and Rafeal Little a possible day one pick. Jacob Tamme is expected to be a day two pick.
Ah, this is just pre-season predictions, we all know how that goes. UK is gonna be a force to be wreckoned with. They may have a couple guys go in round one.
I am seeing Burton going in round one, with Woodson slipping into a mid to late round 2. And GOD knows I hope I am wrong, but I really think Woodson will have a dissapointing year. But I know I cannot wait until UK football gets started! GO CATS!
yeah, those guys dont skip a single beat without Brohm when Cantwell's in.. Kraigthorpe has got some SERIOUS talent up there..
Redneck Wrote:Not to mention Hunter Cantwell is the best #2 QB in the nation.
yeah, if UK can play AVERAGE defense this year, they'll still be hard pressed to win 6 or 7 games. The schedule they have is absolutely brutal. With that said, I do think Woodson will have a solid year, and he can thank Randy Sanders for whatever good fortunes he inherits after the season. I believe that Burton will profit from a rather weak WR class, and be a bottom 1 pick, and I still think Woodson will have a very good year. How many years can we sit here and say "well if he goes round 2, thatll be a big dissapointment", talking about a UK quarterback? lol...
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I am seeing Burton going in round one, with Woodson slipping into a mid to late round 2. And GOD knows I hope I am wrong, but I really think Woodson will have a dissapointing year. But I know I cannot wait until UK football gets started! GO CATS!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I am seeing Burton going in round one, with Woodson slipping into a mid to late round 2. And GOD knows I hope I am wrong, but I really think Woodson will have a dissapointing year. But I know I cannot wait until UK football gets started! GO CATS!
I think you are wrong. Woodson has the best accuracy for a big armed QB Ive ever seen. If his O line can give him time he can pick anyone apart. He has some reliable targets. Burton,Tamme,Little,Lyons and Ford have to be one of the best receiving corps in the country.
Having at least 5 guys go in next year's draft (Woodson, Burton, Tamme, Little, Woodyard) would have to be a rare accomplishment for UK, I would think. As would having 2 guys go in the first round (possibly Woodson and Burton).

Anyone know when the last time either of these situations has happened?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Out of the 5 QB's Mel Kiper has on his list, Andre Woodson's are 2nd best behind Colt Brennen.
Redneck Wrote:Not to mention Hunter Cantwell is the best #2 QB in the nation.

Sorry, but no...he's not
Cantwell did VERY well last season when Brohm was injured. I'm not sure of many back ups who could do as good of a job at a major program against that kind of competition.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Cantwell did VERY well last season when Brohm was injured. I'm not sure of many back ups who could do as good of a job at a major program against that kind of competition.

That kind of competition???? Are you serious? I'll Take Jevan Snead last year from Texas...Ill take Mustain from Arkansas...Ill take Tebow from UF. I could go on and on. Cantwell did very well, but it was the system that allowed him to succeed. If he would have been at a program like Arkansas or WVU, you would not even know his name.
Man. Cant wait for the season to start i look for UK to actually make a push for a BCS game this year.