Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Warren 20 Covington Catholic 16
Final
SW was the better team, at least today they were. I thought they got conservative late and kept CC in the game. I think if they would have kept the foot on the petal, it'd have been worse. Congrats to SW on the much deserved Championship. Congrats to CC on a great season.

I will say this, people are going to say these 2 teams were the best in the state, but, imo, Male would beat either more times than not. Not taking anything away from these 2 teams, just feel like Male is a more complete team.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:SW was the better team, at least today they were. I thought they got conservative late and kept CC in the game. I think if they would have kept the foot on the petal, it'd have been worse. Congrats to SW on the much deserved Championship. Congrats to CC on a great season.

I will say this, people are going to say these 2 teams were the best in the state, but, imo, Male would beat either more times than not. Not taking anything away from these 2 teams, just feel like Male is a more complete team.

I agree. Male has way too many athletes.

But congrats to SW on the title.
Congrats to CC on a great season.
Congrats to South Warrrn. Congrats to Cov Cath on A great season.
Way to go South Warren.

Heard all season CovCath was the best team in the state.
Cov Cath clawed back into this. But just terrible coaching. Time management at the end of the game. Some of the worst I’ve seen. I listenied on the radio. Cov Cath announcers going crazy. And SW should have never gotten that 3rd lucky score. That was a coaching gift
Nice win for Chucks boy.
Way to go Spartans! I picked this one.
bo67 Wrote:Cov Cath clawed back into this. But just terrible coaching. Time management at the end of the game. Some of the worst I’ve seen. I listenied on the radio. Cov Cath announcers going crazy. And SW should have never gotten that 3rd lucky score. That was a coaching gift

lucky Confusednicker:
I’m very surprised In the outcome of this one
Well well whale goliath goes down! Looks like the better team won today. Way to bring home the trophy to Western Kentucky. This is a good reminder that football exist outside of Louisville and Northern Kentucky
Disciple of Leahy Wrote:Well well whale goliath goes down! Looks like the better team won today. Way to bring home the trophy to Western Kentucky. This is a good reminder that football exist outside of Louisville and Northern Kentucky

:Clap:
Terrible coaching comments...... These guys have their teams in the pinnacle.. there aren’t any terrible coaches at Kroger Field this past weekend. Congrats SW! Happy the trophy goes home to Bowling Green. Congrats Coach Smith.
Never said any bad coaches. I am not a Cov Cath fan. He’s a good coach. Sometimes even good coaches make mistakes. I was mild in my words compared to Cov Cath fans and what they’re saying. Even their radio announcers were questioning him. He’s one of the best halftime adjustment coaches I ever seen. It’s why they were in the game in the final minutes
bo67 Wrote:Never said any bad coaches. I am not a Cov Cath fan. He’s a good coach. Sometimes even good coaches make mistakes. I was mild in my words compared to Cov Cath fans and what they’re saying. Even their radio announcers were questioning him. He’s one of the best halftime adjustment coaches I ever seen. It’s why they were in the game in the final minutes

They lost because South Warren had the better team. :Thumbs:
Other than the 6A games, the other 5 games had an average spread of like 5.
That's 5 games that was within 1 score
What a game and refreshing to see a coach in this years finals finally get it right. Several other games this weekend saw coaching blunders
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Other than the 6A games, the other 5 games had an average spread of like 5.
That's 5 games that was within 1 score
it was a great weekend of football with lots of parity for sure.
So much for Cov Cath being unbeatable! :biglmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:So much for Cov Cath being unbeatable! :biglmao:

What’s not that surprised that covington Catholic got beat. Highlands play them twice, almost beat them first game and hung with them toe to toe for a half in the second game. Highlands had a good not great defense and a flat out awful offense and was still able to hang with them. Covington Catholic’s stud D1 players made the the difference and the coaching
Congratulations Spartans! It's not too often that a public school beats a private. Well done and continued success!!!

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Coaches make decisions that if they work they are geniuses. When they don't work everybody second guesses them.
Spirit100 Wrote:Congratulations Spartans! It's not too often that a public school beats a private. Well done and continued success!!!

:Thumbs:

The more appropriate comment would be congrats on beating the #1 team in the state.
Public schools beat a private school 49 times this year in KY. With 5 private schools clocking in with a losing record. (one went 0-11) and Trinity at 7-7 just barely missing a losing season.
Apparently the rankings were wrong...GO FIGURE! ; )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
FoSho Wrote:Nice win for Chucks boy.

I didn't even think about who their coach is and couldn't figure why you said that. I've been out of my mind Smile