Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 87 Morgan County 52
Final

Russell 40 Morgan County 6 After 1 quarter.

52-32 at the half.

80-43 after 3 quarters.
I think most had figured that Russell girl's would win this one big over Morgan County. I mean the 1st quarter score being 40-6 is crazy and then it look like Coach Layne had the subs in the 2nd quarter with the score down to 52-32 with Morgan County outscoring Russell 26-12. Then back to the 3rd quarter and the score back to 80-43 with Russell outscoring Morgan County 28-11. Final score back with Russell subs were outscored 9-7 and final score 87-52. Did anyone see this game on Saturday evening? I have not seen too many games being either girls or boys in High School that completely sub out there team in the 2nd quarter and the 4th quarter. Russell girl's starters in the 1st and 3rd quarters outscored Morgan County 68-17 and Russell was on pace if they played without totally subbing out in 2nd and 4th to score approx. 120 points tonight. I know we have all talked about after losing there top 3 players to graduation that Russell still had the talent to be a Top 3 team in the 16th region this year. After this 1st game and once again we know that Morgan County is one of the weakest Girl's team in the 16th region but is Russell this good this year? I know most of the past Russell teams have been outstanding and always has a nice defensive team but never seen an offense at Russell girl's that scores a 40-6 lead in the 1st quarter and then after the starters returned in 3rd quarter had a 80-43 lead after 3 quarters. For Russell that is there starters in only 2 quarters scored a 68-17 lead after just 2 quarters of play. Either this is going to be a huge year for Russell or this was just a terrible girl's team at Morgan County this year. Just curious if anyone saw the game and if the Starters at Russell are going to be this good this year?
Russell will face a greater challenge with West Carter on Monday at 6 who is easily top 5 team in the region right now like Russell. The semifinals game is back at Morgan County.

Right now I'd go with

Boyd County #1- with Savannah wheeler playing.

Ashland #2

West Carter #3

Russell #4

Rowan County #5
I'm sure the top 5 will change over the next few weeks.
Russell is very good
Morgan is down