Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville
Will Pikeville Repeat And Get Runner-Up Again Like They Did In The 59th District Championship and 15th Region Championship?
Will They Be Worse?

It will be hard for Ted Honaker to try and come back from 2 years. I repeat 2 years. And they lose Jacob Sword and Robert Boyd.
I think that they will be champs in both because they always had players to back them up when they were gone. Ted Honaker won;t be as good as he was but he will be a big help to pikeville
As always there will be a lot of factors that will determine the fate of the basketball Panthers next season because of the way they have to share the best athletes with other sports. Daniel harmon and Tim Honaker need to stay healthy through football for Pikeville to be one of the region favorites. Also, the Adams kids needs to keep improving this off-season. He was inconsistant at times last year and must learn to be tougher. However, they do have some players that just play basketball to build around. Clevenger, Bell, and Adams play basketball only and they have some dandy young kids that only play basketball as well. Ted Honaker's return could help their athleticism but he has been out of the game for a while. All in all they have the potential to be a very good team by seasons end.
I think they'll be good, but not good enough. Valley has too much firepower as they return their top 6 players from last years team. Pikeville's players have really started to come on as of last season, and Jordan Bell finally became a player like everyone knew he was, but I see them as runner up for the 59 title and only getting to the 15th Semis, I look for Painstville and Valley to be in the champ. this year if the seeding is fair this year.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I think they'll be good, but not good enough. Valley has too much firepower as they return their top 6 players from last years team. Pikeville's players have really started to come on as of last season, and Jordan Bell finally became a player like everyone knew he was, but I see them as runner up for the 59 title and only getting to the 15th Semis, I look for Painstville and Valley to be in the champ. this year if the seeding is fair this year.

Fair is not an issue. Regional tournaments aren't seeded. Matchups are determined by a draw. The only thing that is set is that a district winner plays a district runner up in the first round. Other than that, it is just the luck of the draw.
PIkeville will be runners up in the 59th District, but in regionals, anything can happen