Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caldwell Co. vs Larue Co. 3A 11/9
I assume this game is in Princeton but not positive. I don't really see it being close as Caldwell County has found its sea legs after a rocky start with losses to Hopkinsville and Christian County. Caldwell is blessed with three outstanding receivers and has the #2 ranked passing game in 3A.

Caldwell Co. 42 - Larue County 14
Caldwell County by 24
Caldwell will win this one fairly easily, they are a better team than earlier in the season
Yes, it is in Princeton. CC wins this one and greets PT next week.
Tica Wrote:I assume this game is in Princeton but not positive. I don't really see it being close as Caldwell County has found its sea legs after a rocky start with losses to Hopkinsville and Christian County. Caldwell is blessed with three outstanding receivers and has the #2 ranked passing game in 3A.

Caldwell Co. 42 - Larue County 14
Just curious cause I’ve not seen the rankings for that stuff? Who has the number 1 in 3A? Lex cath?
Caldwell wins this one and loses in the rematch with PT.
KHSAA 3A Stats

https://khsaa.org/2018-football-class-3a-stat-leaders/
Not bad for Boyle Co considering the starters play 1/2 game every week. Scary to think what their stats will be in the playoffs moving forward!! 😳
Caldwell County 49
LaRue County 14
Confusederiously:
Caldwell 49
Larue Co 14
FoSho Wrote:Not bad for Boyle Co considering the starters play 1/2 game every week. Scary to think what their stats will be in the playoffs moving forward!! 😳

As is the case with many of the other top ranked teams
When Caldwell thumped Tilghman, I was extremely impressed with their receivers and by the way their O line protected Jaggers, who put up 331 yards passing. OTOH - Mayfield held them to a net 14 yards rushing and 105 yds. passing. So the path to victory has been mapped out. Just a matter of execution.
LaRue was finally able to do something the other night against Union that they had struggled with all year long and that’s the passing game. Last year they were able to spin it more than enough out of their wishbone attack, going for over 1,000 20 TDs and only 3 INTs. They graduated a boatload of skill, including their QB despite returning Adkins and some linemen.

Their young QB and big TE/WR’s we’re finally able to execute last week against Union which is what lead them to exploding in a good way offensively. Their sophomore QB went 6/6 140 and 3 TDs while Adkins and Belton each rushed for over 100 yards a piece pushing both of them over 1,000 yards rushing on the year. LaRue hasn’t had that happen since 1998. They’ve rushed for over 3,000 as a team.

Part of that large senior class last year was also losing their entire secondary. LaRue is very youthful in the back half on defense, while being pretty stout up front. They are going to have to get some pressure with their front which includes Adkins, DE Dailliss Cox (FCS offers already) 6’4 220, Goode who also starts at TE 6’6 250, Shelton 6’3 280 (2x HVYWGT region wrestling champ) and others.

Upfront on both sides, LaRue has and can propose problems for people this year. They’ve just really struggled (until recently) in their passing game and having the break away speed they had last year.

The game last year between these two had 6 lead changes throughout the game. It’s obvious the skill level issues that Caldwell looks to have on LaRue, but LaRue May have some on them as well, especially if they can continue to improve and execute their passing game. I think it’s safe to say that their (LaRue) best defense against these guys is going to be their offense.

Caldwell is so good on offense and defensively they just attack you. Offensively I’m not sure if I’ve ever heard of a club that returns literally every skill starter from the year before plus adding one when Hollowell (who is as good as the Riley’s ) decided to move back over the summer. LaRue is playing w house money in this one. Not a bad spot to be in.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:As is the case with many of the other top ranked teams

Not true. Boyle has never trailed after the 1st qtr (one game). Always at least (like vs LexCath) went into "run out the clock mode" in the 2nd half or they all sit with a running clock.
Caldwell can play up and down but I think even down they can win this game.
I'll take Caldwell County.
How was there 6 lead changes in last year's game? Caldwell was up 40-13 at one point. Larue scored 2 tds to end the game.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:How was there 6 lead changes in last year's game? Caldwell was up 40-13 at one point. Larue scored 2 tds to end the game.

False.

It was 26-20 at half Caldwell and was 20-19 LaRue until about under 2 to go in the half and Caldwell blocked a punt deep in LaRue territory. Caldwell got the ball after half and scored.

1st drive LaRue went about 10 plays and turned over on downs.

Caldwell goes and scores to make it 6-0

Then LaRue scores in about 3 plays 7-6

Caldwell returns kickoff 13-7

LaRue goes and scores 14-13

You’re picking up what I’m laying down.

Now. You might be thinking of the E-town/Caldwell game?

Go on YouTube to Caldwell’s radio station that live-streams the ballgames. It’s still up. See for yourself. First half was a track meet.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:How was there 6 lead changes in last year's game? Caldwell was up 40-13 at one point. Larue scored 2 tds to end the game.

LaRue scored one TD to end the game. Was 40-20

First half was back and forth back and forth. Punt block right before the half was a huge momentum swing which is part of it.

14 points came off special teams which will do you in this time of year. Even Boyle Co had a punt blocked for a TD against Corbin in the finals.