Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 39 South Laurel 19
Final...….I think.

I'm in Florida and can't get a confirmation yet.
Congrats Bears.
I believe it was 39-19. per Les’ 13 region football page
Congrats HC
Thank you kyfellow!!!
I thought it would be closer
Harlan not good this yr and both laurels are down this year
At what point does SL go a different direction? It’s clear Burdine isn’t getting it done.
ironfist13 Wrote:At what point does SL go a different direction? It’s clear Burdine isn’t getting it done.

He shouldn't have been a coach at South to begin with. Had no middle school, high school coaching experience at all before becoming a head coach at a 5A school. I heard the only coaching he had ever done was at the youth league in Pulaski. The guy literally just doesn't know football.
Who else is South going to hire?
foot ball isn't what's important in London
A basketball place and will be for ever
2face Wrote:foot ball isn't what's important in london
a basketball place and will be for ever

100%
I said in the prediction thread 42-21. Closest I’ve ever predicted lol.
Nice win it could have been a running clock Eddie called the bears off. HC to physical for the cards tonight.
Congrats Black Bears!
2face Wrote:I thought it would be closer
Harlan not good this yr and both laurels are down this year
HC isn’t bad but they’ve been plagued with injuries all season from day one, and they do have a very young team like everyone else in the district. They are getting as healthy as they possibly can at the right time to make a run. Not sure how deep they can go but Coach Creech will have them as ready as can be you better believe that. Southwestern comes to town next week, last year very few gave them a chance against the warriors and they won, this year it’s at HC, so it should be a dandy. Last year in 5A and this district, going to miss this bunch. Go Bears
ironfist13 Wrote:At what point does SL go a different direction? It’s clear Burdine isn’t getting it done.

You do realize a coach has to have decent players to win, right? He’s coached them as best as possible. No one at South has interest in football. It’s all basketball. He does a good job with what he has.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:He shouldn't have been a coach at South to begin with. Had no middle school, high school coaching experience at all before becoming a head coach at a 5A school. I heard the only coaching he had ever done was at the youth league in Pulaski. The guy literally just doesn't know football.

He was an assistant coach at Southwestern for years. Actually have some facts before you speak.
I’m a SW fan. He was an assistant and was horrible! Go look at the talent we had when he was DC at SW. Than look the amount of points they gave up. Worst 2 years in our history when him and Stephens were running the show. He shouldn’t been DC than and he shouldn’t be HC now! South Laurel has talent get outta here with that! It’s the coaches responsibility to get the kids out. No one is coming out for a losing coach! That’s the facts.
Rogers11 Wrote:You do realize a coach has to have decent players to win, right? He’s coached them as best as possible. No one at South has interest in football. It’s all basketball. He does a good job with what he has.

Seems like Rodgers must be related lol.
Bears making another run come playoff time. South has better athletes than the results on the field. Turnover in coaches is part of the problem. But can't let basketball coach hire football coach. This down cycle began with a Steve Wright hire.
Way to go Black Bears!! Impressive win in my opinion!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON