Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 21 Perry Central 0
The Warriors win it.

14-0 at the half.

This was a game that was running clock mid-second quarter last year.

Congrats to Coach Canady and company and we'll see you next year.
Proud of them Commodores! They left it all out on the field. Congrats Southwestern and thanks Coach Canady for a good season.
Congrats to Warriors. Congrats to Dores on a great season.
SW best player out so glad they found a way to advance. Playoff time I'll take a W anyway I can get it.
64black&gold Wrote:SW best player out so glad they found a way to advance. Playoff time I'll take a W anyway I can get it.

Congrats to SW
Good job perry
Surprise score
Perry fans happy for the moral victory. Lol
In my opinion, Perry could have played closer if the play calling hadn't changed. I just don't understand why the same play is called over and over when it's not working. I'm sure there are others who feel the same way.
Perry better start Monday rebuilding their program. Losing 11 seniors from a team of about 30 is going to hurt, especially when 8 of those seniors held starting positions. The OL and DL take a major hit, as well as the leading tackle holder in the state.
If they don't get a quarterback, I see a rough year with the changing in districts.
Good Luck Dores and I'm super proud of you seniors!!
I was told this morning while having a coffee, that Perry didnt play their qb much last night. did he get hurt or what? Said they had neace at QB all night and just wouldnt working but didnt change anything. Ran the "wildcommdore" all night. Was they just trying to get neace as much yards to finish his career or didnt care if they won or not. This coming from a perry fan.
Tailback44 Wrote:Perry fans happy for the moral victory. Lol

Perry fans are happy to be 8-3 after going 1-10, 2-8, 2-8 without a single district win during that stretch before these last two seasons. They're a better football team now and they will continue to get better.

I'd rather win a state title but that was not in the cards.

If I ever meet you I'll make sure to give you a hug. Seems as if you didn't get enough growing up.
Congrats to Dores on a successful season.
zaga_fan Wrote:Perry fans are happy to be 8-3 after going 1-2, 2-8, 2-8 without a single district win before these last two seasons. They're a better football team now and they will continue to get better.

If I ever meet you I'll make sure to give you a hug. Seems as if you didn't get enough growing up.

No hugs needed, just friendly fire zaga. sounds like with a 14-0 halftime post you guys are happy for a moral victory. perry had a chance to win district and finish with the best record in school history and didnt. They got a 3 seed didn't make it past the first round in the playoffs. congrats tho. *side note perry had a great group of seniors, tough group going to be hard to replace those guys.
You can never "replace" Seniors. A good coach does the best job with whatever talent he has. I have full faith and confidence that Ovie will do just that and I wish them all the luck in the world when not playing HC. Confusednicker:

God speed to the Seniors.
Unlike the crosstown rival, I was shocked to see this was such a close game throughout. Goes to show how much the Dores have improved! I think they may be a force to be reckoned with in a couple more years.

Congrats to the Warriors on getting the W!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Perry County Central hung tough. Congrats to them on a great year. Congrats to Southwestern on the win.
granny bear Wrote:you can never "replace" seniors. A good coach does the best job with whatever talent he has. I have full faith and confidence that ovie will do just that and i wish them all the luck in the world when not playing hc. Confusednicker:

God speed to the seniors.

You know what I meant granny...
zaga_fan Wrote:Perry fans are happy to be 8-3 after going 1-10, 2-8, 2-8 without a single district win during that stretch before these last two seasons. They're a better football team now and they will continue to get better.

How good were the JV and frosh teams this year?
It looks like they lose their leading rusher, two of their top three receivers and four of their top five tacklers. It would be a lot to ask them to get better next year, it seems.
Granny Bear Wrote:You can never "replace" Seniors. A good coach does the best job with whatever talent he has. I have full faith and confidence that Ovie will do just that and I wish them all the luck in the world when not playing HC. Confusednicker:

God speed to the Seniors.

I like watching them lose Smile
Perry will have a lot of holes to fill next year. But congrats on a good season 8-3.
pjdoug Wrote:I like watching them lose Smile

Whitley provides you ample opportunities for that then don't they?

6-21
0-61