Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Bolus Rankings
East ky was well represented in the 08 Rick Bolus rankings of top 24 players in the state for next year.

#9 Clark Stepp
#12 Tate Cox
#14 Josh Crawford
#19 Landon Slone
Many other players made the next 25 including Day from Pineville and Collins from JBS.
uk96 Wrote:East ky was well represented in the 08 Rick Bolus rankings of top 24 players in the state for next year.

#9 Clark Stepp
#12 Tate Cox
#14 Josh Crawford
#19 Landon Slone
Many other players made the next 25 including Day from Pineville and Collins from JBS.
Would have thought Vanhoose would be on there as high as Slone considering he was All State honorable mention
Looks good but I wouldn't put Cox that far up.
RavenBoy Wrote:Looks good but I wouldn't put Cox that far up.
Looks good to me.
Where could we see the complete list?
Can somone explain to me, how them players could compete with players such as Darius miller and Scotty Hopson from kentucky.Two top 40 players in the nation in 08. Just confuses me, but i guess its good that eastern kentucky is gettin noticed.
Cox and Slone should be ahead of Stepp.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Would have thought Vanhoose would be on there as high as Slone considering he was All State honorable mention

I believe that Vanhoose was a senior this year so he wouldn't be in the 08 rankings. I can't answer for anyone else.
Click this message to go to the link.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Midee1 Wrote:I believe that Vanhoose was a senior this year so he wouldn't be in the 08 rankings. I can't answer for anyone else.
Vanhoose will be a Senior next year.
Super_de Wrote:Can somone explain to me, how them players could compete with players such as Darius miller and Scotty Hopson from kentucky.Two top 40 players in the nation in 08. Just confuses me, but i guess its good that eastern kentucky is gettin noticed.
Have not seen Miller play but have heard great things.
I saw Hopson last year a few games and was not as impressed as I thought I would be. Sure he has great offensive ability, can jump out of a gym but, you do have to play defense more than just every now and then. Also, you can tell when you really have to guard him as he just stands around outside as trys to pick his spots to display his athletic ability.
The Guru Wrote:Vanhoose will be a Senior next year.

Vanhoose was a senior this year. If you are talking about Jon Vanhoose from Russell.

http://www.russell-ind.k12.ky.us/reddevi...tball.htm3

If not then I apologize.
Midee1 Wrote:Vanhoose was a senior this year. If you are talking about Jon Vanhoose from Russell.

http://www.russell-ind.k12.ky.us/reddevi...tball.htm3

If not then I apologize.

I believe "the Guru" is talking about JD Vanhoose of Paintsville.
jammin' jamey Wrote:I believe "the Guru" is talking about JD Vanhoose of Paintsville.

Oops pardon my ignorance.:o Smile
Super_de Wrote:Can somone explain to me, how them players could compete with players such as Darius miller and Scotty Hopson from kentucky.Two top 40 players in the nation in 08. Just confuses me, but i guess its good that eastern kentucky is gettin noticed.
The boys on the JBS team [ Stepp and Cox] played against Miller [Mason Co} at Perry Central. last season and Mason only won by 2 points on a last second shot.
nothing but net Wrote:The boys on the JBS team [ Stepp and Cox] played against Miller [Mason Co} at Perry Central. last season and Mason only won by 2 points on a last second shot.
JBS played them 1 time and got lucky, If they had played twice and came that close then I would agree with you but if your gonna play just once you cant say JBS is as good as Mason.
RavenBoy Wrote:JBS played them 1 time and got lucky, If they had played twice and came that close then I would agree with you but if your gonna play just once you cant say JBS is as good as Mason.
I said they can compete with these players.
RavenBoy Wrote:JBS played them 1 time and got lucky, If they had played twice and came that close then I would agree with you but if your gonna play just once you cant say JBS is as good as Mason.

These two teams may play in the 5th 3rd tourney next year....I think JBS will win this game should they meet next year. JBS brings back their team and Mason lost some starters. By the way Miller is a great player for Mason and I hope he does go to UK>>
IMO Stepp is no way the player Landon Slone is. Cox is better than Stepp. More of a team player. Slone is the all around player. 18 to 22 points (28 to 32 on anyother team) 10 to 12 rebounds per game (same on any other team) 6 to 8 assists per game (same on anyother team) 2 or 3 blocks (same on any other team) 2 or 3 steals (same on any other team)
BLUEGRASS-RULES Wrote:IMO Stepp is no way the player Landon Slone is. Cox is better than Stepp. More of a team player. Slone is the all around player. 18 to 22 points (28 to 32 on anyother team) 10 to 12 rebounds per game (same on any other team) 6 to 8 assists per game (same on anyother team) 2 or 3 blocks (same on any other team) 2 or 3 steals (same on any other team)
I dont care too much about the way Stepps act but he has size and has good ball handling skills.
I dont understand what this statement at the bottom of the list means, "PREPHOOPS Note: Rick Bolus player rankings are based on college potential and players can move up or down in rankings over a period of time." Where it said based on college potential, does that mean the players that he thinks will play in college, or is that the actual player rankings for the state?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
RavenBoy Wrote:I dont care too much about the way Stepps act but he has size and has good ball handling skills.
and he has all the plays set up for him. That helps.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I dont understand what this statement at the bottom of the list means, "PREPHOOPS Note: Rick Bolus player rankings are based on college potential and players can move up or down in rankings over a period of time." Where it said based on college potential, does that mean the players that he thinks will play in college, or is that the actual player rankings for the state?

I think he means that some players may improve more than others before next year and that the rankings may change.
Landon Slone should no way be 19th on that list and Stepp should no way be 9th on that list either. Should be the other way around and then Landon even moving up higher and even Clark moving down lower. Cox should be up there very high as well, whoever thinks he shouldnt be is crazy. Dont know too much about the Josh Crawford kid though, but it looks like he is a very talented player to be listed 14th on the list.
Stepp could quiet possibly be the most overrated player in state history, thats my honest opinion.
I guess there is reasons for that, I guess if I had the connections he has I'd probabily milk it for all its worth also.
Stepp is a good player, that is a fact.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Stepp is a good player, that is a fact.
He is a very good player, but he is a very selfish player. He has all the people around him that can make him look good. They use the other players to make him look good. The ball is always in his hands. If he played for a coach that was not related to him, would he be as good? I don't think so. He would have to play some defense and he would have to pass the ball. Every play would not be set up for him and he would not take as many shots. Thats a fact!
nothing but net Wrote:He is a very good player, but he is a very selfish player. He has all the people around him that can make him look good. They use the other players to make him look good. The ball is always in his hands. If he played for a coach that was not related to him, would he be as good? I don't think so. He would have to play some defense and he would have to pass the ball. Every play would not be set up for him and he would not take as many shots. Thats a fact!
Thats about the way I was thinking. He's good but could be better if he had a coach that would discipline him when he makes bad and selfish decisions. Thats why I believe there are more than 8 players better than him in the state, there's more than 8 players better than him in eastern ky and that does include his teammate Cox.
Landon Slone and Clark Stepp both play on the same AAU team and Clark starts, and Landon doesnt, sure Clark can sometimes be overrated but you goota give it him he is a hek of a player, and Landon seems to play too quiet anymore he falls back in the mix and lets JD Vanhoose and Ferguson this year take over, and they sometimes couldnt and needed him but he played scared. IMO