Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County 34 Morgan County 22
Final
Congrats to Powell County.
Looks like his is leading up to another Powell County vs Casey county 1st round (becoming classic), matchup! Powell broke our hearts last year. Lol. But that's how it goes, someone's gotta win. Then the prize was one of us got to play Corbin...yay...lol
The prize this year will be a trip to Log Mountain 😂😂
Skidmore was the difference. Played with a hurt shoulder, Powell fans said it was separated. Tough young man, guts and determination, I say that as a compliment. Powell generates no offense without him. Don't see Powell beating Casey at all. Couple different times Powell had touchdowns called back for chop blocking, also flagged twice for 12 men on the field. Coaching-wise, they are missing Brewer. Powell had no answer at all for Morgan's fullback right up the middle.
legend66 Wrote:The prize this year will be a trip to Log Mountain 😂😂

That does not scare me. Played 'em already. Played 'em with some of our best kids out. They played well, we played horrible. Actually a game I don't mind a rematch of.
F.N.L. Wrote:Skidmore was the difference. Played with a hurt shoulder, Powell fans said it was separated. Tough young man, guts and determination, I say that as a compliment. Powell generates no offense without him. Don't see Powell beating Casey at all. Couple different times Powell had touchdowns called back for chop blocking, also flagged twice for 12 men on the field. Coaching-wise, they are missing Brewer. Powell had no answer at all for Morgan's fullback right up the middle.

Khsaa stats has Morgan’s FB with 161 rushing yards. 2nd most he’s had this season. (171 against Magoffin) Definitely not a knock to the kid, I said in the prediction thread that he could make some plays and is very fast! However, Powell’s defense has to come together quickly before their matchup against the Casey Co. Rebels and their big #21 looking to avenge their 2nd round upset in 2017.
Congrats to the Pirates, a win is a win. Wasn’t in attendance but heard it was a Hard fought game and both sides had some very explosive plays. Goodluck to both teams in the playoffs!
Congrats Powell on win :popcorn:
F.N.L. Wrote:Skidmore was the difference. Played with a hurt shoulder, Powell fans said it was separated. Tough young man, guts and determination, I say that as a compliment. Powell generates no offense without him. Don't see Powell beating Casey at all. Couple different times Powell had touchdowns called back for chop blocking, also flagged twice for 12 men on the field. Coaching-wise, they are missing Brewer. Powell had no answer at all for Morgan's fullback right up the middle.

If Powell struggles to stop big bruisers then they might have trouble with Casey’s RB. Kid is tough. But as I said on the Corbin thread. You can’t just key on him because their QB does have the big throw ability. WRs can catch as well. Several great catches last night. But they were just a tad out of bounds. Casey might get some revenge this year if that matchup happens
smoke1015 Wrote:That does not scare me. Played 'em already. Played 'em with some of our best kids out. They played well, we played horrible. Actually a game I don't mind a rematch of.

Bell has a decent defense. They’re physical. But their offense is basically two players. Take away #4s big play ability with him scrambling and the big RB up the middle and you give yourself a great chance.