Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher County Central 21 Whitley County 20
Final
Just atrocious.
Whitley goes up 20 to 0 in the first.
Letcher adjust by bringing a LB straight up the middle every single play.
Whitley coaches had no answer for it. Its comical at this point. Good luck the rest of the way playing 3 QBs going into the final week of the season.

I will say this in defense of Whitley. That overturned fumble at the end of the game was the biggest horseshit power trip I've ever seen from a head ref in a game. No whistle blown. Other ref had already signaled Whitley ball. Guy needs looked at.
Letcher got ripped on calls all night and overcame! From my vantage point ,no doubt kids knee and elbow already on the ground,unquestionably! Same official that signaled Whitley ball also threw flag on a late hit out of bounds when the Whitley players body was completely in bounds and he had to be overruled on play that would have brought up 4th and 13. Same guy throws flag 15 yards behind a run play in the 1st half that Letcher ran inside the 10 as he was tackled . Instead of 1st and goal3rd and 21 ! Yes I agree he should be looked at ,he tried every way he could to give Whitley the game
I'm not arguing with you on whether he was down

I'm saying the white hat cant overturn that call if he didnt blow it dead sooner. He may have been down but that's not the point.
Ouch. Ugly bad loss for Whitley. I’ll be surprised if they bring Chappell back.
Congrats to Letcher.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Ouch. Ugly bad loss for Whitley. I’ll be surprised if they bring Chappell back.

I imagine it's not even cross their minds. I think they believe something is being built down there Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I imagine it's not even cross their minds. I think they believe something is being built down there Confusednicker:

Oh they’re building something..
Colonels let one get away here.
Time to clean house
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'm not arguing with you on whether he was down

I'm saying the white hat cant overturn that call if he didnt blow it dead sooner. He may have been down but that's not the point.

What rule from the rule book or mechanics book do you base that on? Officials are taught from day 1 that a late whistle is much better than an early whistle. Who blew the whistle first is irrelevant, what matters is did they get together and discuss why the had different calls and did they get the call right.
They got it right , sounds like our friend wanted the officials to settle on a bad call in favor of Whitley!