Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 41 Casey County 00
Final :Cheerlead
Wowwwww. Roll redhounds. Congrats
Congrats Corbin.
Congratulations Hounds.
Defense played great or the Hounds. I may Add that the Defense for Casey played a good first half. The score isn’t representative of Casey and how hard they played in the first half of the game. Hounds just too much and too fresh in the 2nd half when the O finally started rolling
Congrats to Hounds.
Hounds continue their redemption tour! Congrats Corbin!
I was actually a little surprised. Like BCPC said, that score isn’t totally representative of the game. Casey played tough for a half. I completely underestimated their defense. Which weather had some to do with it. But both teams have to play in it. But I predicted even with a perfect game plan the hounds talent would overcome it eventually and that’s somewhat the way it played out.
Hound05 Wrote:I was actually a little surprised. Like BCPC said, that score isn’t totally representative of the game. Casey played tough for a half. I completely underestimated their defense. Which weather had some to do with it. But both teams have to play in it. But I predicted even with a perfect game plan the hounds talent would overcome it eventually and that’s somewhat the way it played out.

Hound05, I think you guys may have somethin somethin for Boyle. I know Estep is phenomenal, but the freshman is a freak of nature. My son had no chance against your big D End, but he gave it everything his little body had. Lol. Talked to Haddix a second in our guest locker room, he's a good dude, just passionate. Good luck to you guys. My motto, is, and will always be, if the guy beats us, wins it all, I can sleep better at night. Slick ball probably hurt Corbine even a little more than us. I can't believe how well you guys can cover receivers. Truly great secondary.
Listen to radio of Corbin game and the Williamsburg game.. sounds like Corbin Defense must played well..
Williamsburg and Lynn Camp was zero defense..
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Listen to radio of Corbin game and the Williamsburg game.. sounds like Corbin Defense must played well..
Williamsburg and Lynn Camp was zero defense..

What was their score?
smoke1015 Wrote:Hound05, I think you guys may have somethin somethin for Boyle. I know Estep is phenomenal, but the freshman is a freak of nature. My son had no chance against your big D End, but he gave it everything his little body had. Lol. Talked to Haddix a second in our guest locker room, he's a good dude, just passionate. Good luck to you guys. My motto, is, and will always be, if the guy beats us, wins it all, I can sleep better at night. Slick ball probably hurt Corbine even a little more than us. I can't believe how well you guys can cover receivers. Truly great secondary.

Yes our DBs are one of our strong suits, when they part smart anyways.

But CC is no slouch on the defensive end. The bruiser running the ball for you guys will open up some deep passes which bodes well since your QB has an arm. All of these fit in the formula to make some noise in the playoffs. I don’t think they will go past the region. But if you catch them on the right night they could def upset some teams
Hound05 Wrote:Yes our DBs are one of our strong suits, when they part smart anyways.

But CC is no slouch on the defensive end. The bruiser running the ball for you guys will open up some deep passes which bodes well since your QB has an arm. All of these fit in the formula to make some noise in the playoffs. I don’t think they will go past the region. But if you catch them on the right night they could def upset some teams

Does Estep have no desire to play football at the next level or is baseball his first love? I guess if you have a full ride to UK for one it makes the other impossible. I know he's not a huge guy but his arm and accuracy, plus his darn legs make him a problem for anybody. IMO, he's the best dual threat QB I've seen against us, in a long long time.
He has a better chance at football than trying to play SEC baseball. He’s not on a full-ride to UK, they don’t give full rides in baseball.. He could do football/baseball at D2 or NAIA
He is fun to watch! He put on a show vs Beechwood
smoke1015 Wrote:Does Estep have no desire to play football at the next level or is baseball his first love? I guess if you have a full ride to UK for one it makes the other impossible. I know he's not a huge guy but his arm and accuracy, plus his darn legs make him a problem for anybody. IMO, he's the best dual threat QB I've seen against us, in a long long time.

Loves baseball more I guess. Which is fine. Do what ya love doing you know? But I agree with ya. But I’ll go a step further and say he’s one of the best dual threat in the state. His knowledge sets him apart from a lot of kids with just athletic ability. Has good vision and isn’t afraid to let it fly.
Imagine how good Estep would be if he had started at QB the last 3 years like he should have. Seems like a disservice.
smoke1015 Wrote:Does Estep have no desire to play football at the next level or is baseball his first love? I guess if you have a full ride to UK for one it makes the other impossible. I know he's not a huge guy but his arm and accuracy, plus his darn legs make him a problem for anybody. IMO, he's the best dual threat QB I've seen against us, in a long long time.

He is a baseball kid. He comes from a baseball family. His dad played baseball at uk too. He loves both, that’s apparent on the field. As good as he is at football, he is better at baseball. I personally think he’ll do very well at uk on the diamond.
Hound05 Wrote:Loves baseball more I guess. Which is fine. Do what ya love doing you know? But I agree with ya. But I’ll go a step further and say he’s one of the best dual threat in the state. His knowledge sets him apart from a lot of kids with just athletic ability. Has good vision and isn’t afraid to let it fly.

I would agree with that. I meant that I've seen personally didn't mean to pigeon hole him as only good against us (bad phrasing). I watched the Beechwood game, I was there and he had a magnificent game and those guys at Beechwood were extremely talented in their own right, HUGE line for Beechwood. Estep hurdled a kid, looked like he could've done a 60+" box jump
HOFER Wrote:Imagine how good Estep would be if he had started at QB the last 3 years like he should have. Seems like a disservice.

Fire Haddix for playing the wrong quarterback
I don’t agree. Is Chase the better athete, yes. Is he a better QB, probably. But Chase was the playmaker last year at RB and WR. Corbin needed him there. We had a exciting offensive set. Sizemore up the middle, pounding. Sizemore throwing the short passes. Chase running and catching and making exciting plays. You must remember that Chase didn’t really come on as a threat until late in his sophomore year. If I had to choose who the best player is, I’d say Estep. But if I wanted the best players on the field I’d done exactly what Haddix did. It worked out pretty good, he has a decent win/loss record at Corbin.
Congratulations to Corbin on winning the regular season district. They have a great team and coaching staff.
Congrats Dogs!
So could we say that last year Corbin had 2 QB, FB and TB in the backfield?
Lol
However you wanna twist it. Just know you don’t or didn’t want any of it....
I’m a little worried after watching the game last night. Corbin struggled to run their offense the entire 1st half. They seem to have lost their edge. If they play like they did last night in a big game against say Boyle, central or belfry we will still have unfinished business. I’ll go a step further and say if they play like the did the 1st half last night bell will beat them in playoffs
Red Bunch Wrote:I’m a little worried after watching the game last night. Corbin struggled to run their offense the entire 1st half. They seem to have lost their edge. If they play like they did last night in a big game against say Boyle, central or belfry we will still have unfinished business. I’ll go a step further and say if they play like the did the 1st half last night bell will beat them in playoffs

I am too. I still can’t figure out if they just ball out when they need to, or just going different ways. Dropped to many passes, still haven’t established a running game. I was impressed against bell with running game. Played without five starters, and hoping they aren’t just being cut loose yet. Maybe I am searching for a rhyme, reason or excuse idk but congrats for a positive win after a long week of distractions at other levels. I love my hounds, but not where I thought we would be going into final week with such a great senior class and other key pieces. Just my two cents and it won’t buy a piece of gum at a gas station.
The hounds will be fine. Alot of weird stuff going on with alot of good teams, but their fundamentals are there.
smoke1015 Wrote:I would agree with that. I meant that I've seen personally didn't mean to pigeon hole him as only good against us (bad phrasing). I watched the Beechwood game, I was there and he had a magnificent game and those guys at Beechwood were extremely talented in their own right, HUGE line for Beechwood. Estep hurdled a kid, looked like he could've done a 60+" box jump

Oh no! I know what you meant. I didn’t take it that way buddy. I just meant what everyone kinda has said, his first love is baseball. But you can tell, he really loves the pigskin too.