Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2 Johnson Central 1 (8 innings)
Heck of a ball game. Josh Watkins went the distance for Paintsville picking up the win. Justin Blanton going the distance picking up the loss in the pitchers dual. Blanton had 14 K's only giving up 5 hits but both runs he gave up were earned as was the one run that Watkins gave up. Watkins moved to 4-1 on the year with 4 K's 1 walk and giving up 5 hits. Blanton moves two 3-2 on the year with a few saves, he had 14 K's on the evening with 2 walks both in the 8th and gave up 5 hits. Aaron Haney went 2/3 at the plate for Johnson Central scoring the one run, off a RBI from Mike Conley who went 2/2 at the plate for JC. Kyle Sublett went 2/4 at the plate for Paintsville picking up both RBI's. The 8th inning started out with Blanton walking Patrick Butcher. Corey Adams sac bunted Butcher to second. Corey Humphrey struck out but somehow Butcher got to third. JC intentionally walked Pugh and Sublett singled to score Butcher. Paintsville had 2 runs on 5 hits and 1 error, while Johnson Central had 1 run on 5 hits and 1 error. Johnson Central moves to 13-8 on the year as Paintsville moves to 18-3. Congrats to both teams on a great game, both pitchers done a great job. Time for both to refocus and get ready to play as they both face teams who have already beaten them this year. As JC looks to redeem the 9-4 loss to Lawrence Co. and Paintsville looks to revenge the 9-1 loss from Greenup Co. Paintsville did lose Shane Grimm for the evening as he tweaked his quad or hamstring. I hope he recovers fast because we definitely need him.
Butcher was on second when Sublett got the game winning hit and JK's thow was high to the plate. Non the less it was an Outstanding game. Congrats to both teams.
chase richardson made the throw, not JK
Great Game. Watkins did a nice job and Bless his heart... Blanton pitched a hell of a game. Good Luck to both teams facing their next opponents!
OffTheHook Wrote:Butcher was on second when Sublett got the game winning hit and JK's thow was high to the plate. Non the less it was an Outstanding game. Congrats to both teams.

My bad, I must have been thinking he was on third. I guess it was because early on in Humphrey's at bat, they were trying bunt Pat over to third.
3sporteagle Wrote:chase richardson made the throw, not JK

You are right. My bad. JK was in RF.
I know this doesnt have anything to do with tonights game, but how has Tylet Lemaster picthed for the Tigers. I am a close friend of his dad and I havent talked to them lately.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I know this doesnt have anything to do with tonights game, but how has Tylet Lemaster picthed for the Tigers. I am a close friend of his dad and I havent talked to them lately.

No longer playing, decided to run track this year.
The Blue Blur Wrote:No longer playing, decided to run track this year.
What in the hell is he thinking. I heard from a lot of people he had a bright future.
Knew it was gonna be a good one. Congrats to both teams for their effort.
Congrats Tigers
Congrats to both teams on a helluva game. Had Pooh been there the outcome would've been different. With an empty base and Subby already plating one in the game, he would've probably intentionally walked Subby as well. That would've left two outs, base loaded with an out at any base. J.D. was already 0-3 in the game. That's alright we'll get you next time.
I wish I had the opportunity to see this game. I'm sure it was a great going by the score and some of the comments. Congrats, Paintsville. Great game as well, Johnson Central. Considering Central beat Lawrence County 2-1, this is shaping up to be one hell of a 57th District Tournament.
Throwback Gata Black Wrote:Congrats to both teams on a helluva game. Had Pooh been there the outcome would've been different. With an empty base and Subby already plating one in the game, he would've probably intentionally walked Subby as well. That would've left two outs, base loaded with an out at any base. J.D. was already 0-3 in the game. That's alright we'll get you next time.
Well.....he did that, then he would probably be the only coach in history that would move the winning run to only '90 away. There were no coaching errors in this game, it might be a classic! Well played by both teams and noone needed to hang their head(s).
The Guru Wrote:Well.....he did that, then he would probably be the only coach in history that would move the winning run to only '90 away. There were no coaching errors in this game, it might be a classic! Well played by both teams and noone needed to hang their head(s).

Never said it was a bad coaching move, to not walk Subby. But Subby's batting .400+ and already had an RBI in the game. Pugh was walked because he had a hit previously in the game and was batting .500+ on the year. Joey probably didn't take the gamble because he didn't want a runner 90' away. I think Coach Hall would've took that gamble with J.D. being 0-3 in the game.
Throwback Gata Black Wrote:Congrats to both teams on a helluva game. Had Pooh been there the outcome would've been different. With an empty base and Subby already plating one in the game, he would've probably intentionally walked Subby as well. That would've left two outs, base loaded with an out at any base. J.D. was already 0-3 in the game. That's alright we'll get you next time.

I don't think that Pooh being there would have changed anything! You can't put the game winning run 90 feet away espicially a quick runner in Butcher. A passed ball, error, or anything allows the winning run to score. If Butcher is already at third then he would of walked Sublett I believe. You have to take your chance with Sublett who is a great hitter but also a free swinger, who by the way I think hit an offspeed pitch. I think it was a great coaching move but just a great hit by Subby. You just can't put a game winning run 90 feet away in high school baseball. Just my opinion though.
Throwback Gata Black Wrote:Never said it was a bad coaching move, to not walk Subby. But Subby's batting .400+ and already had an RBI in the game. Pugh was walked because he had a hit previously in the game and was batting .500+ on the year. Joey probably didn't take the gamble because he didn't want a runner 90' away. I think Coach Hall would've took that gamble with J.D. being 0-3 in the game.
Never said it was a great move, but it was logical and baseball smart. Force out at any bag.

First base was open, and had more to do with putting Pugh on. That is smart baseball. JB had thrown a lot of first pitch offspeed for strikes. I think that is what Subby was looking for and just found one he could handle.
Congrats Paintsville
Congrats Pvill this is always one of great games in the 15th year in and year out.