Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 42 Bath County 6
Final
Bath County's lone score came on a Landon Swartz 70 yard kickoff return.
Congratulations Devils!
Russell wins this one in a route. Total domination on both sides of the football. And once again Johnny Poynter proves he will never beat a team as good or better than him with the type of offense he runs. This is a talented group of football players that BC has but it's coaching malpractice by the HC with this group.
Yep as expected, Bath is still Bath. Who will the Devils play in first round of playoffs?
I think Russell's put a running clock on everyone after their 0-3 start. I know people will say they haven't played anyone. But people on here had the other team favored in a few games. Also a lot were saying how bad Russell was. If they were that bad they wouldn't have been able to put a running clock on six straight teams. To stay focused and not have any letdown for 6 weeks says something. Congrats to Russell. Go cap the season off with a win over the Ramblers.
Mightydog if they beat Raceland then I’ll start to sing some praises. This district is absolutely awful this year. The only people who thought it was even gonna be close we’re Bath County homers, who obviously were far from objective in their prediction.
In my opinion BC had the best player on the field and just as much talent overall but were totally out played. What does that equate to - very poor coaching by their head coach.
Russell will take on Thomas Nelson in 2 weeks.
cajun Wrote:In my opinion BC had the best player on the field and just as much talent overall but were totally out played. What does that equate to - very poor coaching by their head coach.

Uh no!
cajun Wrote:In my opinion BC had the best player on the field and just as much talent overall but were totally out played. What does that equate to - very poor coaching by their head coach.

Swartz is a nice player but it wasn’t even close in the trenches. No way the talent level is equal
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:Mightydog if they beat Raceland then I’ll start to sing some praises. This district is absolutely awful this year. The only people who thought it was even gonna be close we’re Bath County homers, who obviously were far from objective in their prediction.

If Raceland plays like they did tonight then the Devils will win by 2 scores. Russell is a team that is playing some good football and after tonight’s letdown against Paintsville Russell should be licking their chops.
Congrats Russell
cajun Wrote:Russell wins this one in a route. Total domination on both sides of the football. And once again Johnny Poynter proves he will never beat a team as good or better than him with the type of offense he runs. This is a talented group of football players that BC has but it's coaching malpractice by the HC with this group.

Good to know your still alive. Haven’t heard from you on here in the last 2 weeks when Bath County won big. Matter of fact only here from you when they lose which hasn’t been a lot over the past couple of years. I speak for most when I say just go away.
I feel like Russell has the better team all around, they aren’t 36 points better than bath but I think they are a 3 touchdowns better than bath. The bath county kids never looked like they had any pep in their step tonight. Russell has a chance to be playing for a regional champion ship in a few weeks against Central in Flatwoods. Bath more than likely will get beat out in the first round at home by Bardstown if they play like they did tonight.
The only terrible game Russell had this year was at Ashland losing in a bad way 41-0. They should have won the Ironton game at home 16-7. I know many fans are saying even tonight that the competition for the Red Devils was horrible in last 6 games. I think many of the fans forget after the 41-0 rout to Ashland. Many fans were saying that Russell could lose to West Carter, at Bath County, and at Fleming County after the terrible loss to Ashland. This Russell team has turned it around in the last 6 weeks and the Defense has given up 5 points a game in those 6 games. I also believe when Head Coach TJ Maynard went back to the Red Devils weapon and running the ball more and played Soph. Charlie Jachimczuk at QB more the offense starting to come together in both the running and passing game. We will now see how good this Russell team really is and how much improved this team is when facing Raceland next Friday night. I believe that Raceland will still be the favorite even after there heartbreaking loss to Paintsville at home 6-0. I believe it will be a close and good game between these two rivals next Friday at Raceland.
Good to know your still alive. Haven’t heard from you on here in the last 2 weeks when Bath County won big. Matter of fact only here from you when they lose which hasn’t been a lot over the past couple of years. I speak for most when I say just go away.

Are you referring to the big wins over a 4-6 Fleming Co. and a 2-7 Lewis Co. team? I never said your coach wasn't good at beating teams he is better than, that is his specialty. You actually just proved my point for me, he can beat teams he is supposed to but not teams that are as good or better. Give me an example of a team he has beat the past two seasons that were as good or better than Bath. Waiting...
Congratulations to Russell, solid game on both sides of the ball. Bath this game is over, start the prep for Nicholas!
cajun Wrote:Good to know your still alive. Haven’t heard from you on here in the last 2 weeks when Bath County won big. Matter of fact only here from you when they lose which hasn’t been a lot over the past couple of years. I speak for most when I say just go away.

Are you referring to the big wins over a 4-6 Fleming Co. and a 2-7 Lewis Co. team? I never said your coach wasn't good at beating teams he is better than, that is his specialty. You actually just proved my point for me, he can beat teams he is supposed to but not teams that are as good or better. Give me an example of a team he has beat the past two seasons that were as good or better than Bath. Waiting...

I’m as big of a Bath county fan as anybody but I agree with Cajun. They haven’t beaten a quality team this year except for powell county ( who is nathan Skidmore with 10 other people out there). Me being honest though, offensively Bath looked good on the first drive when they put Rogers in at QB and threw the ball some with roll outs and the simple short routes. But you can’t run the ball out of pistol or shotgun when the other team has 9 in the box, i don’t care who you are. Great win for Russell though, I look forward to seeing what they do next week against Ole Ram-a-Devil and raceland
I agree with you EKYFootball although even Powell County's 7 wins this year have came against teams with a combined 24 wins and 39 losses. I've always had a lot of respect for the BC program. My point is this and I think if others would be totally honest they would agree with this as well:

1. BC has one of the most talented senior classes they have had in a long time.
2. Their junior class is better than the average junior class at BC.
3. They have one of the best all around players that has ever played at the school.
4. They have a knowledgeable and hard working staff.
5. They have a tremendous amount of support from the parents and fans.
6. Their schedule was at best "very manageable".

So all of that being said before the season started if I told you they would end the year at 7-3 in the regular season and likely 7-4 with at first round loss in the playoffs I think most reasonable fans would say that would be a failure. With the six points I listed above what does it all come back to? Bad leadership and execution from the head coach.

His refusal to try to run a more dynamic offense will never allow him to do any better than this season. Trying to run everything between the tackles in a rugby style offense just isn't gong to get it done against teams as good or better than you. Two of BC best weapons are their two TE's yet their coach can't figure out how to get them the ball. I believe BC put just as much talent (experienced talent) on the field last night as Russell but were clearly out coached and out schemed by Russell. Let me be clear...this isn't a player talent or attitude problem, it's not a staff problem and it's not a support system problem. It is a head coaching problem.
cajun Wrote:I agree with you EKYFootball although even Powell County's 7 wins this year have came against teams with a combined 24 wins and 39 losses. I've always had a lot of respect for the BC program. My point is this and I think if others would be totally honest they would agree with this as well:

1. BC has one of the most talented senior classes they have had in a long time.
2. Their junior class is better than the average junior class at BC.
3. They have one of the best all around players that has ever played at the school.
4. They have a knowledgeable and hard working staff.
5. They have a tremendous amount of support from the parents and fans.
6. Their schedule was at best "very manageable".

So all of that being said before the season started if I told you they would end the year at 7-3 in the regular season and likely 7-4 with at first round loss in the playoffs I think most reasonable fans would say that would be a failure. With the six points I listed above what does it all come back to? Bad leadership and execution from the head coach.

His refusal to try to run a more dynamic offense will never allow him to do any better than this season. Trying to run everything between the tackles in a rugby style offense just isn't gong to get it done against teams as good or better than you. Two of BC best weapons are their two TE's yet their coach can't figure out how to get them the ball. I believe BC put just as much talent (experienced talent) on the field last night as Russell but were clearly out coached and out schemed by Russell. Let me be clear...this isn't a player talent or attitude problem, it's not a staff problem and it's not a support system problem. It is a head coaching problem.

Did you even watch the game? You’re a delusional piece of work. People like you are the reason sports in BC will never get to the next level. People like you are the reason kids now a days are uncoachable. Why don’t you put in the time like the coaches do. Since you feel like you can be one. Run the weight program, watch 40+ hours of film a week and break down tendencies, run conditioning drills, practice 3 hours a day in the summer plus an extra two hours of preparation for practice. Since you have all of the answers, apply for the job the next time it comes open. You’re just a troll. Should’ve moved while you had the chance.
cajun Wrote:Good to know your still alive. Haven’t heard from you on here in the last 2 weeks when Bath County won big. Matter of fact only here from you when they lose which hasn’t been a lot over the past couple of years. I speak for most when I say just go away.

My point is the only time you show up on is after a loss. A win is a win. You can call it what you want but for many years we had really good players too and DIDN’T win those games but I am sure you are familiar with those aren’t you? So I guess winning the games you are supposed to is an improvement. Way to go JP!
I’m glad you are satisfied with this season. This program has been building for this year for 4 years now and this is what he produces. Way to go JP...coach of the year!
Congrats Russell
When you talked to Bath County’s players before the season, none of them said “ yeah I just want to win a few ball games.” Every single person on that team said they wanted to be 10-0 with a district championship. So from what was expected, this team failed this year not because of talent,but because of head coaching. I’m sorry BC fans, I love you all but it’s just the way it is.