Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central-13 Allen Central-3
No stats..Played on Saturday, April 28. Good Win COUGARS! Keep on Rolling!
Young or not, AC is horrible this year. Not even competitive. I think its time for a coaching change.
^ This horrible AC team is 3-0 in district play, and is on track to finish 6-0 to earn a #1 seed and a great chance of a region tournament appearance for the 3rd straight season with a chance at the region semifinals because of Little on the mound. Sounds to me that they're playing tough competition to get ready for tournament play. I've seen them play quite a few times and they are pretty good, but they just make young mistakes that a Jr-Sr filled team don't make. Give these boys one or two years and this team will make a lot of noise.

Besides LCC is no slouch. They're a big team filled with upperclassmen. They have a legitimate shot at winning the 14th region.
Maybe in one or two years but they are horrible this year. This team is one injury away from being on the same level as JBS or Jenkins. Besides they play in the worst disrict in possibly the whole state.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Young or not, AC is horrible this year. Not even competitive. I think its time for a coaching change.

Come on, these kids are young. AC is starting 5 Freshmen, 1 Sophomore, 2 Juniors and 1 Senior (in his first year starting). How many other teams are starting every game with 5 Freshmen?
Tubby Hater Wrote:Maybe in one or two years but they are horrible this year. This team is one injury away from being on the same level as JBS or Jenkins. Besides they play in the worst disrict in possibly the whole state.

Jenkins has played some pretty good teams tough -- Pikeville for instance. They aren't great, but you can't overlook them no matter who you are. As for JBS, they pretty much field a middle school team. They'll be good in the future as well. AC is in fine shape. Their record doesn't speak for them. I heard in the LC game that they actually played and led for 3 innings, but then made some young mistakes and had some wild pitching. This kind of stuff happens no matter who is coaching. When you have 4, 5, or 6 freshman starting, Pete Rose couldn't manage them any better. They have to grow and learn from experience.

I agree that they play in a weak district. But they are still WINNING that district with freshman. Little helps with pitching, but it still takes an entire team to hit and score runs and they have scored 10 plus runs in each game. Besides that, I believe they've pitched 7 or 8 different pitchers this season. I think they'll be a tough team to face come tournament time.
Pacman Wrote:Jenkins has played some pretty good teams tough -- Pikeville for instance. They aren't great, but you can't overlook them no matter who you are. As for JBS, they pretty much field a middle school team. They'll be good in the future as well. AC is in fine shape. Their record doesn't speak for them. I heard in the LC game that they actually played and led for 3 innings, but then made some young mistakes and had some wild pitching. This kind of stuff happens no matter who is coaching. When you have 4, 5, or 6 freshman starting, Pete Rose couldn't manage them any better. They have to grow and learn from experience.

I agree that they play in a weak district. But they are still WINNING that district with freshman. Little helps with pitching, but it still takes an entire team to hit and score runs and they have scored 10 plus runs in each game. Besides that, I believe they've pitched 7 or 8 different pitchers this season. I think they'll be a tough team to face come tournament time.

I watched the AC vs. Pburg game on Friday.

Pitcher- Scott Little JR
Catcher-Hunter Crowder FR
1st-Logan Crowder FR
2nd-Chad Nelson FR
SS-Josh Prater SO
3rd-John Bryant SR
OF Chris Stumbo, Alex Hammonds and JustinJackson (FR, JR, FR)

The Rebels looked good on Friday night, as their pitching rotation gets more experience they will keep improving. This pitching staff has very limited varsity experience at this point. They basically have a 7 man pitching rotation with 4 of those being Freshmen.

Keep your heads up Rebels!
Being an AC alum, and a former player, I will say it hurts to see the Rebels struggling. However, at the same time, this team has tremendous talent. Look at the 2004 season. That team lost 6 seniors the year before, and they finished with an un-Allen Central-like 14-18 record. This 2007 squad is young, and though scores may not look respectable, this team has excellent potential. Little, Hammonds, and Prater are the only players with any significant varsity experience. Give 'em time. They'll be fine. Keep on truckin' AC! The tunnel is dark now, but there is definitely some light at the end. Don't be discouraged. Keep on keepin' on.
I heard from a pretty good source today Johnson is probably gone after this season. I hate to see this happen but oh well its Siss Hall we talking about here and god knows she's no rocket scientist. They have got to get rid of her or that school heading in a downard spiral and heading there quick.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I heard from a pretty good source today Johnson is probably gone after this season. I hate to see this happen but oh well its Siss Hall we talking about here and god knows she's no rocket scientist. They have got to get rid of her or that school heading in a downard spiral and heading there quick.

I've not heard anything about this. I think Coach Johnson has done a fine job with this team the past 3 years and I don't think he has to worry about being gone, unless he is leaving for somewhere else. Which I hope he is not. I like having him at AC. They have always fielded a competitive team under him.
Pacman Wrote:I've not heard anything about this. I think Coach Johnson has done a fine job with this team the past 3 years and I don't think he has to worry about being gone, unless he is leaving for somewhere else. Which I hope he is not. I like having him at AC. They have always fielded a competitive team under him.
I dont think he has done a bad job either, but its all about politics. Like I said until they shed themselves of Hall, AC is going no where.
Ok first of all Tubby Hater why are you always dogging on Ac's Coaching Staff? Second of all at the start of the season you were a Ac fan but now your talking about them being Horrible. Teams have their up years and their down years. For Instince the New York Yankees they have 1 great season then an off season last year was Ac's Shining season and this is the off year. Like everyone else has said Ac is very young with possibly 3 of the Top Freshman in the Reigon give them a year or 2 then i gurantee you wont be saying Ac is horrible. Just a suggestion if you think its the coachs then if you think you can do any better then i suggest you put your coach's application in for next season.
Knockoutking Wrote:Ok first of all Tubby Hater why are you always dogging on Ac's Coaching Staff? Second of all at the start of the season you were a Ac fan but now your talking about them being Horrible. Teams have their up years and their down years. For Instince the New York Yankees they have 1 great season then an off season last year was Ac's Shining season and this is the off year. Like everyone else has said Ac is very young with possibly 3 of the Top Freshman in the Reigon give them a year or 2 then i gurantee you wont be saying Ac is horrible. Just a suggestion if you think its the coachs then if you think you can do any better then i suggest you put your coach's application in for next season.
Chill out man, I was just posting what I heard today from a good source. Yeah they are young and have some good talent coming up, but like I said they are horrible this year. There are a lot of horrible teams this year unlike years of the past.
Congrats LC
Congrats LC