Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
92.59%
Ashland
7.41%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Ashland @ #2 Johnson Central 10-19
fewfirstchoice Wrote:If you’re trying to say Devin Johnson and Bryce Tacket are soft you’re way off. Jackson, Johnson, and Tacket are maybe the most physical back field in the state. Now they have 2 kids that are speed backs that try to get outside but after 35 carries from the big physical backs you have to have some speed backs to get around the edge. Johnson Central is a very very physical team. If you think they aren’t you’re mistaken.

First off , haven't you figured out that you are responding to one of the biggest morons that has ever graced the pages of BGR?..In all the years that he has been posting on this site he has never gotten one single thing right..NEVER..Not even close...So, if he says something expect the exact opposite..This cat truly runs a close second to that legendary moron, NotsoBADCAT....It has to be from that contaminated psycho-water that runs down stream from that adjacent county to Boyd Co. that these simpletons drink from that causes these delusions.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:The game prep is almost over and the game is near. I see people constantly saying this Ashland team isn’t physical but I’m not sure where this is coming from. This is one of the most physical Ashland teams in the past several years and in my opinion the most physical team that has played in this series.

After watching a little film and gathering some intel on this year’s JC squad I’m questioning just how physical that they are. They seem to be no where near the team on the physicality level that they’ve been in the past. Now before you all jump me hear me out. Take a look the offensive backfield of Johnson Central. We all know that Jackson is a very physical back but the others seem a little soft and are constantly trying to bend the plays outside. Is Johnson Central becoming a more finesse team offensively?
On the defensive side of the ball I think that JC is tough up front but the linebackers and secondary people seem to shy away from contact. I noticed alot of arm tackles from those units which isn’t good with the types of backs that Ashland will run at them. This could mean a long night for JC.

I expect both sides will be packed to watch game one of two for both teams this year. This game has become the premier game in Northeast Kentucky and this first one won’t disappoint. I’m coming down a little early with some hopes for getting a good pregame meal. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good meal in Paintsville?
You mean the premier annual blowout game for Johnson Central?

And to your question of an exquisite dining experience fit for you and your cohorts, you might try McGahans Feed Store...They carry a menu designed to satisfy the taste buds of every snobby northern Mule and (dumb) ass.:popcorn:
Tomcat Pride Wrote:The game prep is almost over and the game is near. I see people constantly saying this Ashland team isn’t physical but I’m not sure where this is coming from. This is one of the most physical Ashland teams in the past several years and in my opinion the most physical team that has played in this series.

After watching a little film and gathering some intel on this year’s JC squad I’m questioning just how physical that they are. They seem to be no where near the team on the physicality level that they’ve been in the past. Now before you all jump me hear me out. Take a look the offensive backfield of Johnson Central. We all know that Jackson is a very physical back but the others seem a little soft and are constantly trying to bend the plays outside. Is Johnson Central becoming a more finesse team offensively?
On the defensive side of the ball I think that JC is tough up front but the linebackers and secondary people seem to shy away from contact. I noticed alot of arm tackles from those units which isn’t good with the types of backs that Ashland will run at them. This could mean a long night for JC.

I expect both sides will be packed to watch game one of two for both teams this year. This game has become the premier game in Northeast Kentucky and this first one won’t disappoint. I’m coming down a little early with some hopes for getting a good pregame meal. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good meal in Paintsville?
Leave it to one of you arrogant simpletons to come up with something like that...Johnson Central has beaten Ashland, and beaten them badly in 13 of the last 15 meetings..Many being blowouts by the 2nd quarter. Only in your simple little mind could this game be considered as "premier". This aint the 1920's junior, and ASH-land is no where near being considered to be relevant by anyone, that is, except by a couple of you clowns.
Mister D Wrote:I totally agree! Very shocked by the comment about the line backing unit. I think everyone can agree that JC secondary play has been up and down. But the linebackers have been very solid and very physical. If people think Devin johnson, Bryce Tackett and Hunter McCloud aren’t physical then they are going to be in for a shock on Friday night.

Like you said concerning the running backs when you hand the ball off 35 times up the middle to Jackson, Johnson and Tackett you have to have to some hand offs utilizing your speed to the outside as well.

I to am SHOCKED that someone would even think to say Devin Johnson is soft! The kid is as physical of a football playing linebacker that I've seen in some time. McCloud and Tackett are far from being "soft" as well. Not sure if this guy is joking or just doesn't have a clue what JC has at linebacker, or doesnt know what a physical linebacker looks like. But I can promise him one thing, he'll see what a physical LB looks like tomorrow night! SMH

Johnson County IS NOT in Northeast Kentucky.

I have lived in Johnsonville my entire existence on this earth and not one time have I ever heard a Johnson County resident refer to themselves as being from "Northeast Kentucky". Eastern Kentucky, yes..... but never Northeast Kentucky. If I thought I lived in Northeast Kentucky.... or even close to the same area of the state people associate the city of Ashland with, I'd move!!!
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Johnson County IS NOT in Northeast Kentucky.

I have lived in Johnsonville my entire existence on this earth and not one time have I ever heard a Johnson County resident refer to themselves as being from "Northeast Kentucky". Eastern Kentucky, yes..... but never Northeast Kentucky. If I thought I lived in Northeast Kentucky.... or even close to the same area of the state people associate the city of Ashland with, I'd move!!!

Confusednicker:
Soft lol...:dontthink

JC 38
Ashland 20
#55PirateFan Wrote:I to am SHOCKED that someone would even think to say Devin Johnson is soft! The kid is as physical of a football playing linebacker that I've seen in some time. McCloud and Tackett are far from being "soft" as well. Not sure if this guy is joking or just doesn't have a clue what JC has at linebacker, or doesnt know what a physical linebacker looks like. But I can promise him one thing, he'll see what a physical LB looks like tomorrow night! SMH

BINGO!!! This goofball has never had a clue about anything...Him and that moron NotsoBADCAT have formed the most prolific dynamic duo of message board stupidity in the history of message boards.
What a shame this couldn’t be renewed as a nondistric game. Gate $ seems like it would be great, good measuring stick game for both teams.
It's game day. 12 hour countdown to kickoff. My prediction: Johnson Central 35 Ashland 14
^^^^^this^^^^^^^^
Looking forward to traveling to the game and am hopeful that both teams play well and stay healthy. Of course, I would love to see the Tomcats come out on top. I've not seen JC play in person, but have watched most of the games and scrimmages on film. They are a super talented and physical team. While I think their teams the last two years were more physical, this year's team is solid. While #1 (probably their second best overall player IMO behind Johnston) is a superb runner and field general, I personally think he can still continue to grow as a passer. However, Jackson and Johnston are very physical runners. #60 is a very physical Center and allows them to move 57 to guard. 60 is a nice addition to the line along with 65 (and occasionally 56). Having the HWT wrestling champion on the line (who is spelled by a former M.S. HWT champion) isn't too darn bad. 65 and 66 move well. If memory serves, 74 is the other lineman. They all get down field well and maintain their blocks well. They are going to be tough to stop. All excuses aside, Ashland was able to prevent JC from scoring a bunch in the district title game last year, although JC moved the ball very well in that game. Ashland has to play assignment football and get off the blocks. Ashland's secondary is very talented. That will be a big help tonight particularly in the run game in coming up to make some plays.
Defensively, the front 5 of JC is excellent. While the Horn brothers are quick, strong, and difficult to block, #3 and #2 are special players. I do think that the LBs and DBs can be vulnerable to giving up potentially significant passing yards. Don't know if they will. That said, they do have speed in the secondary. #21, a sophomore, is pretty darn fast, at least in terms of track speed. Hard to tell on film.
Offensively, this is probably the best OL Ashland has since the 2012/2013 season when Ashland lost 22-21 in OT at JC. (Bias alert: I had a kid on that team on the OL/DL in that game. I think that team was likely the most physical overall team Ashland has had in the past 6-7 years. Defensively, we had O'Brien, Ellis, L. Johnson, C.J. Johnson, Swift, Justice, Younge, Wessel, Salow, etc..). Ratliff is an excellent QB. We have the returning district player of the year (Hester) and a very speedy companion back in Pittman. Our receivers are solid. Defensively, our DTs are very talented, our DL is probably better than last year, and our LBs, while not big, make a lot plays. Overall, it should be a good game. My boys have made acquaintances on the mat and on the field with the JC players in the past and currently. It's a good group of kids on both sides of the ball, even if it appears that the adults can't get along in these meaningless posts where we try to jab one another and wish we were 17 again and playing this great game.
For what it is worth, I continue to personally embrace the concept that wrestling makes kids tougher mentally and physically. JC is always so physical in no small part because of wrestling. Year in and year out they produce region winners, state placers, and state champions in H.S. and M.S. By way of example: 57, 6, 3, 40, 41, 56, 17, 21 fall in this category. I don't know numbers for some of the kids who don't start like Rodriquez, Spradlin, and some of the smaller weight class guys. As far as Ashland is concerned, we are starting to embrace that concept with more fervor as we have a few starters who do or have wrestled: 64, 55, 30 and have a few others who are contributors: 4, 19, 78, 21, 77, 38 (some of whom were regional or state place winners either in H.S. or MS). IT simply makes kids mentally and physically tougher.
In any event, good luck to both teams. I hope Ashland wins by 1. (Actually, no I don't. I'd like to win by 100, but do it in a very classy and professional way.) See you at the game. I'll be the one in Maroon.
Bet he's a Tennessee fan too, always next with them too
Anybody know if this game will be streamed? (Televised)