Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casey County 62 McCreary Central 8
Final
Lackluster game from Casey's starters, most of the first half. The young guys really came to play though, freshman scored multiple touchdowns. Again Casey was without 2 of it's best starters on defense, and a big playmaker in our passing game, for the 2nd week in a row. I'm hoping these guys can come back before the playoffs begin. McCreary really needs to coach their kids up, they don't even have a coordinator/spotter up top to relay info down to coach's on the sideline. Still, proud of our young guys and how ready they were to play tonight.
Congrats to Casey County.
Congrats to Coach Stonebraker for have the most wins as at Casey. He has done a remarkable job in Liberty
Coach Stonebraker brought Casey County out of the Stone ages. He has done a tremendous job.
Congrats Rebels!!
Thanks guys. Coach Marples kept us going during some of the dark period (now at Bell), and kids that just wouldn't quit, even when all their teammates (and some of the more talented ones), QUIT. We held it together, and when Coach moved on, we luckily found an opening for Coach Stonebraker and luckily having those old connections and strong friendships (Coach Marple included as one of Stonebraker's ex players), we got "Stoney", back. He has a great offensive mind, and just has organization skills that go beyond anything I can comprehend. He's good with parents, with administration, and simply won't let kid's quit (unless they just go hide somewhere and totally avoid him). When we have lost, we've just been outmanned, plain and simple. We've won games we probably should't have, and haven't, thus far, lost a game we were "supposed to win". I appreciate all these coach's that have kept it going, and really happy Coach Stonebraker showed up here in the early 2000's, started his first coaching gig, and held us in nostalgia so he could come back and really have our greatest success, and his own as well. Thanks everyone for the kind words. Football, at the end of the day, is a fraternity, even amongst "enemies". :-)
The only problem, a tiny problem, is Casey has climbed partially up the hill, and has been trecking up it for years. We get halfway up, and some are satisfied, and/or, think we are at the top, or almost at the top. We are still just barely over halfway. I've said it on here, talking between the troll posts, a top 5 team, legit, is so much better (point wise) in a game than a top 10 team. We are just a top 10, anywhere from 7 to 10 I would assume. We will never bring in kids from other counties, unless by luck, a move, etc.. You have Boyle, and Danville just a few miles away, and are actually losing a few kids that's parents played here, to those schools. They go there and become solid players, maybe 2nd team, a few first team on defense, maybe, but if they stayed here, could have been part of "the change". IMO I'd rather have been "part of the change", than to go join a team he might not get any PT, but gets to POSSIBLY wear a ring, he might break out and show his own son, 30 years from now, one time. If you guys know what I'm sayin...