Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rules Per Press Box/Coach's Box/Game Film
IMO maybe this should be clarified (as long as you know your own stadium's rules). I can begin here, with Casey County for future reference:

Casey has limited space, however it should meet all logical needs for the opposing team.

Opposing Radio goes in the press box, nearest corner at the desk. Everything is there to suit your needs, and our home radio guys are all the way on the far corner thus separating the 2 nicely, with the score keeper and announcer wedged in between.

Up top, our "crow's nest", Opposing teams are allowed 2 coach's and 1 Video person, ONLY! This is a rule that gets violated quite often, and this one has lead to some minor (never major) problems. As I have found we have been more competitive, thus are the guys that come up top. So for future reference, McCreary Central, Corbin, etc.. 2 coach's, 1 camera person. If you generally do a box shot, etc.. (line shot), we have someone up top doing that and will gladly share that film with you. Limited space, and a weight limit is the reason per this rule as I don't want to go crashing down through the concession roof and kill some poor mom who is already in there working and missing a quarter of her son's game!:biglmao: One more big point, there is no talking to fans, home, or I will not talk to away fans. ZERO TOLERANCE for smack talk up top or you're gone, period.

Now, if anyone else wants to follow up with some home team press box rules, videographing rules, coach's etc.., feel free to add to this thread and also spread word back to your head coach's.

Thank you.
I have heard of other press boxes "not allowing certain team's coach's go into their box"...That may be up to them. At our house the only way that is not allowed is non cooperation to the present rules in place. Coach, cheer a bit, but up top, we are there doing a job. Our jailer is the announcer, and at least 2 adminstrator's are generally in our press box at all times if any trouble arises. Most all coach's and camera guys I have experienced don't need told this. SOmetimes a young player, injured player may be sent up to film by some teams, and that sometimes leads to some "talk". Or a "daddy on a camera" is generally, not good.
smoke1015 Wrote:IMO maybe this should be clarified (as long as you know your own stadium's rules). I can begin here, with Casey County for future reference:

Casey has limited space, however it should meet all logical needs for the opposing team.

Opposing Radio goes in the press box, nearest corner at the desk. Everything is there to suit your needs, and our home radio guys are all the way on the far corner thus separating the 2 nicely, with the score keeper and announcer wedged in between.

Up top, our "crow's nest", Opposing teams are allowed 2 coach's and 1 Video person, ONLY! This is a rule that gets violated quite often, and this one has lead to some minor (never major) problems. As I have found we have been more competitive, thus are the guys that come up top. So for future reference, McCreary Central, Corbin, etc.. 2 coach's, 1 camera person. If you generally do a box shot, etc.. (line shot), we have someone up top doing that and will gladly share that film with you. Limited space, and a weight limit is the reason per this rule as I don't want to go crashing down through the concession roof and kill some poor mom who is already in there working and missing a quarter of her son's game!:biglmao: One more big point, there is no talking to fans, home, or I will not talk to away fans. ZERO TOLERANCE for smack talk up top or you're gone, period.

Now, if anyone else wants to follow up with some home team press box rules, videographing rules, coach's etc.., feel free to add to this thread and also spread word back to your head coach's.

Thank you.

:truestory:
No vegetarian sandwiches or light beer
smoke1015 Wrote:I have heard of other press boxes "not allowing certain team's coach's go into their box"...That may be up to them. At our house the only way that is not allowed is non cooperation to the present rules in place. Coach, cheer a bit, but up top, we are there doing a job. Our jailer is the announcer, and at least 2 adminstrator's are generally in our press box at all times if any trouble arises. Most all coach's and camera guys I have experienced don't need told this. SOmetimes a young player, injured player may be sent up to film by some teams, and that sometimes leads to some "talk". Or a "daddy on a camera" is generally, not good.

Back in 2001 we weren't allowed in Shelby Valley's box.
We've had one spot for the local newspaper guy (usually me) at Harlan for many years and at Harlan County High School since Day 1, next to the radio crew to help with stats.
Bell don’t allow opposing coaches in their box and will try to make your players change in a baseball dugout.
E's Army Wrote:No vegetarian sandwiches or light beer

LOL!!! We are tobacco free, it doesn't say anything about alcohol free...I guess it's implied, but...
All I know is, at MY house, I will be up top, and if the other team is respectful to me, I'll be respectful to them. But at my house, my rules same as at my actual home, disrespect and you just hurt yourself cause your video guy will be videoing from the 2 foot tall bleachers we have...:-) Respect is what it's about when you're away. I always show it, even through gritted teeth sometimes.
smoke1015 Wrote:LOL!!! We are tobacco free, it doesn't say anything about alcohol free...I guess it's implied, but...

I like beer and Tobacco home or away :Cheerlead
smoke1015 Wrote:All I know is, at MY house, I will be up top, and if the other team is respectful to me, I'll be respectful to them. But at my house, my rules same as at my actual home, disrespect and you just hurt yourself cause your video guy will be videoing from the 2 foot tall bleachers we have...:-) Respect is what it's about when you're away. I always show it, even through gritted teeth sometimes.

Well Said Smoke Well Said:popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:I like beer and Tobacco home or away :Cheerlead

Hate to say it but I agree with 64:rockon:
I'm over here in Whitley County right now and these guys have been hospitable.
I'm a radio guy, and the only shenanigans I've ever run into is when Paintsville's folks told my partner there wasn't any room in the press box and he set up beside the field.
I didn't get the memo and I was waiting for him in the press box... where there was room Smile
smoke1015 Wrote:IMO maybe this should be clarified (as long as you know your own stadium's rules). I can begin here, with Casey County for future reference:

Thank you.

There is no such thing as Home press box rules.

KHSAA requires the home team to accommodate the visitors in regards to coaches allowed in pressbox and film. Media are second class