Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Greenup County (10/5)
The Golden Eagles return to Johnsonville after a two week road trip for a big district matchup vs. The Musketeers.

JC is 5-1 & 2-0 in district play.
Greenup is 5-2 & 2-0 in district play.

JC leads the All-Time series 13-8.
1975: Greenup County 43-23
1984: Greenup County 28-14
1985: Greenup County 22-21
1986: Greenup County 26-25
1987: Greenup County 39-0
1993: Johnson Central 15-6
2001: Greenup County 17-14
2002: Greenup County 43-22
2003: Greenup County 26-24
2004: Johnson Central 62-13
2005: Johnson Central 43-21
2006: Johnson Central 49-7
2011: Johnson Central 58-6
2012: Johnson Central 59-12
2013: Johnson Central 54-0
2014: Johnson Central 42-0
2015: Johnson Central 35-6
2015: Johnson Central 49-6 (Playoffs; 2nd Round)
2016: Johnson Central 44-8
2016: Johnson Central 55-8 (Playoffs; 2nd Round)
2017: Johnson Central 51-14
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Eagles by 20
If you are coming to the game, come in to town a little bit earlier than normal and go visit the annual Apple Festival. If you are traveling south on U.S. 23, take the same exit you would as you are going to JC's field, but turn left at the Welcome to Paintsville intersection and follow Rt. 40 east for about two miles or so. That road will bring you in to the heart of the festival on 3rd street. Parking is reasonable and you should be able to find a spot at Our Lady of the Mountain school or at a local church for a small fee.
You can also go past JC's school and continue straight on rt. 321 through the next three red lights. This way will bring you in to the carnival area of the festival, parking might be easier to find on this side of town. Either way, the festival is in the downtown area of Paintsville and not that hard to navigate.

Almost every church, fire department, high/middle/elementary school & youth intramural sports teams have some type of food booth.

This is my menu for Friday & Saturday
JC's band Grater Taters.
JC boys basketball Blooming Onion.
WR Castle Fire/Rescue Waffle Fries.
Red Bush Fire/Rescue Tiger Ear.
Oil Springs Fire/Rescue Funnel Cakes.
JC baseball Apple pies.
JC wrestling team Philly Cheese Steaks.
Cal Ripken baseball Steak Fajita.
JC by as much as they want
Johnson Central with big W, can’t see Greenup stoping their running game
Here is a map of the Greater Paintsville area.......

I know this map is done with Professional quality, but it will suffice in this instance.

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1538417262]
Pulp Fiction Wrote:If you are coming to the game, come in to town a little bit earlier than normal and go visit the annual Apple Festival. If you are traveling south on U.S. 23, take the same exit you would as you are going to JC's field, but turn left at the Welcome to Paintsville intersection and follow Rt. 40 east for about two miles or so. That road will bring you in to the heart of the festival on 3rd street. Parking is reasonable and you should be able to find a spot at Our Lady of the Mountain school or at a local church for a small fee.
You can also go past JC's school and continue straight on rt. 321 through the next three red lights. This way will bring you in to the carnival area of the festival, parking might be easier to find on this side of town. Either way, the festival is in the downtown area of Paintsville and not that hard to navigate.

Almost every church, fire department, high/middle/elementary school & youth intramural sports teams have some type of food booth.

This is my menu for Friday & Saturday
JC's band Grater Taters.
JC boys basketball Blooming Onion.
WR Castle Fire/Rescue Waffle Fries.
Red Bush Fire/Rescue Tiger Ear.
Oil Springs Fire/Rescue Funnel Cakes.
JC baseball Apple pies.
JC wrestling team Philly Cheese Steaks.
Cal Ripken baseball Steak Fajita.

My wife and I will be coming to the Apple Festival and the game. Raceland is off this week and my wife's family is from Paintsville, West Van Lear, Auxier, Hager Hill.... We are joining up with them for a fun day. My wife's first cousin is Mrs. Caudill, the BioMed teacher at JC.

And I believe JC wins by 28.
This game could be closer then expected. Greenup will have trouble stopping the run like they always do but if the offense can keep on rolling somewhat like it has been the past two games they could make it a tight game for awhile.

Eagles 36

Musketters 21
Jc - 52
gc - 6
Bama-Cat Wrote:This game could be closer then expected. Greenup will have trouble stopping the run like they always do but if the offense can keep on rolling somewhat like it has been the past two games they could make it a tight game for awhile.

Eagles 36

Musketters 21

This game will not be closer than expected. Greenup Co is a dumpster fire against quality teams. Central rolls.
52-14 Gc D will not slow them down at all
JC by a bunch
Bama-Cat Wrote:This game could be closer then expected. Greenup will have trouble stopping the run like they always do but if the offense can keep on rolling somewhat like it has been the past two games they could make it a tight game for awhile.

Eagles 36

Musketters 21

I don't believe Greenup could score 21 against JC's JV team.
JC’s JV team would win this game by 3 scores. I’d say JC 49-7. This is only because Matney has been taking it easy on teams and trying to not run up the score on teams this year.
JC 48-14 in the Apple Bowl! Confusedinglepar :Cheerlead

Eagles 36

Musketters 21

OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:This game will not be closer than expected. Greenup Co is a dumpster fire against quality teams. Central rolls.

BuckeyeRam Wrote:52-14 Gc D will not slow them down at all

Ramcat77 Wrote:I don't believe Greenup could score 21 against JC's JV team.

fewfirstchoice Wrote:JC’s JV team would win this game by 3 scores. I’d say JC 49-7. This is only because Matney has been taking it easy on teams and trying to not run up the score on teams this year.

This is a conspiracy. I see what's going on here..... these members are secretly Greenup County fans trying to give the Musketeers bulletin board material.

***DISCLAIMER***
The Bolded comments do not reflect the views of the Johnson Central football program or subsidiaries.
This will be a game that Central won't get much JV work in. Musketeers have a much better offense then East Carter. This game could be a dog fight for bit.
Bama-Cat Wrote:This will be a game that Central won't get much JV work in. Musketeers have a much better offense then East Carter. This game could be a dog fight for bit.

Lawrence County beat Greenup 37-6. If LC put up 37 against GC, JC will score as many as they want. GC only scored 6 against LC, if JC plays the varsity the whole game GC may end up with in the red lol. JC’s JV will play quite a bit.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:Lawrence County beat Greenup 37-6. If LC put up 37 against GC, JC will score as many as they want. GC only scored 6 against LC, if JC plays the varsity the whole game GC may end up with in the red lol. JC’s JV will play quite a bit.

what does this mean?

Teams have bad games and the LC game for Greenup was one of them. Greenup will have their hands full this week but I think they are going to shock everyone how well they will play this week.
Bama-Cat Wrote:what does this mean?

Teams have bad games and the LC game for Greenup was one of them. Greenup will have their hands full this week but I think they are going to shock everyone how well they will play this week.

You should lay off the Kool Aid, man and admit that Greenup is once again settling in for another one of those should've, could've, but didn't kind of years. Raceland and Lawrence ran all over Greenup's swiss cheese defense and JC will do the same and then some.
Ramcat77 Wrote:You should lay off the Kool Aid, man and admit that Greenup is once again settling in for another one of those should've, could've, but didn't kind of years. Raceland and Lawrence ran all over Greenup's swiss cheese defense and JC will do the same and then some.
I never said that JC won't be able to run over them. All I am saying is that I think it will be closer then what everyone thinks.
I think pretty much everyone can agree Greenup is a big step up from Boyd And East Carter. They have some really solid players and nice atheletes. But every time I have watched Greenup I have been disappointed with their line play. Sammons is a quality QB so I think they will get a few touchdowns but I see the Horn brothers for JCs defensive line living in Greenups backfield.

JC 42
Greenup 15
Bama-Cat Wrote:This will be a game that Central won't get much JV work in. Musketeers have a much better offense then East Carter. This game could be a dog fight for bit.

No disrespect with my comment but GC has put up very little yardage against good teams. GC has good talent but they put up gawdy numbers on weaker opponents and can’t produce against good teams. I hope that GC has improved and can actually do some things offensively against a good defense but so far it hasn’t. And the even bigger issue is the fact that GC’s defense cannot stop a physical run team. Until they do this, I cannot but into their “high octane” genre and to be a good team, you have to start beating good teams.
JC rolls 49-7.
To further my point, Greenup has beaten 1 team with a winning record and that is Rowan Co. and their wins are against weak opponents as well. Johnson Central has played a far superior schedule with only 1 loss. I just don't see this game being too close.
Greenup co QB does not handle being pressured very well and JC front seven is pretty good I don’t see greenup even scoring
i think gc has the ability score a couple times. but i dont think its morenthan 14 and wont be suprised if its a shutout. Anyone with depth upfront will wear greenup down. they just dont have the numbers upfront. Sqmmons is great in the pocket, but if u flush him out, he struggles. quick passes and intermediate passing game is their best chance to move the ball.
GC seems to get up and play there best games the last few years against JC and Ashland. They may be able to score a few times but doubt they can score enough. 49-20 JC.
the biggest issue is on the defensive side of the ball. most if not all area teams would struggle stopping Jackson and co. couple that with greenup being a quick strike offense, they wont be able to keep JCs offense off field. thats why i expect them to try and use the short passing game as an extension of their run game. if love to see greenup pull off the upset. but i just dont think its even remotely in the cards.
Johnson Central in a big way.........Apple,Apple and more Apple :worthy:

Johnson Central 56
Greenup County 07