Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia coaching change
thoughts?
Will Cordia play this year?
What happened to Jerry Stacy?
OldManMountain Wrote:What happened to Jerry Stacy?

thinking the same thing
I would advise checking with Cordias Principal for an official statement concerning coaching decisions.
I would say Coach Stacy just didn't want to have to deal with the circus going on so he stepped down. Coach Fugate will do a good job with whoever is over in the Lion's Den and is ready to play. Good luck to Coach Fugate.
Patriot train Wrote:I would say Coach Stacy just didn't want to have to deal with the circus going on so he stepped down. Coach Fugate will do a good job with whoever is over in the Lion's Den and is ready to play. Good luck to Coach Fugate.

What circus this time?
Lions, elephants and clowns. Lots of clowns.
E's Army Wrote:Lions, elephants and clowns. Lots of clowns.

This made me chuckle.
Lion king Wrote:I would advise checking with Cordias Principal for an official statement concerning coaching decisions.

sorry I may have jumped the gun. moderator feel free to remove post until made official.
[Image:

]

Bolz, ole danny came in and has established a new spirit,wowza! Even though the gym may be a lil crumbly, he still practicing them fellas on the creek. He called ole fatpat to see if he could use my back for a backboard, SMH....

#theysuretryhard More mash taters please!!!
Heard last night Mark Pence would be Denny's Head Assistant.
Easy Wind Wrote:sorry I may have jumped the gun. moderator feel free to remove post until made official.

We can label it a rumor if needed
Denny Fugate is on campus at Cordia and will be coaching this year. Coach Stacy is still head coach at this time but has stepped away from the program to deal with some personal issues. Welcome back to Cordia Coach Fugate!
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:Denny Fugate is on campus at Cordia and will be coaching this year. Coach Stacy is still head coach at this time but has stepped away from the program to deal with some personal issues. Welcome back to Cordia Coach Fugate!

[Image:

]

#thefinalpieceofthepuzzlehasarrived More mash taters please!!!
I saw this on Facebook. Judging by this, Fugate will not be the head coach this season.

Cordia Boys Basketball
53 mins ·
Come out Saturday Nov. 17, 2018 at Letcher County Central High School to get your first look at the 2018-2019 team and new Head Coach Bryan Combs as we take on the Bell County Bobcats at 2:30 PM.
What happen to Stacy?
Tailback44 Wrote:What happen to Stacy?

Stepped down. I think it had to do with either family or personal issues.
Everyone needs to report facts or state opinions. Rumors leave us all uninformed.
Not that it matters but Denny Fugate was hired and practiced the team for a couple weeks....due to some family illnesses he decide to step away for the time being to focus on that...Assistant Coach Bryan Combs has stepped up to be the Head Coach....no rumors where ever posted!
Someone let us know the facts if you know.

I was told Jerry stepped down (possibly temporary) because of his wildlife business.

In his absence, Coach Fugate helped the team (possibly temporary).

If the Cordia Basketball Facebook page says they have a new coach. I would go with that.
Thanks for the clarification Zaga. I wasn't sure why he stepped down other than he stepped down.
Sean Dixon will be the new Alpha Male at Cordia soon. He will make a great coach.
Cordia is confusing at best
That's an amazing amount of movement in one off-season.
How many players do they have? Is there another court hearing this month?
HCS Wrote:That's an amazing amount of movement in one off-season.
How many players do they have? Is there another court hearing this month?

Good question. The face of Cordia is always changing, players and coaches. Will they be able to compete this year? Allegedly, they lost Frazier to Perry (what's the status of his eligibility). Have they lost others? Have they gained others that will be able to compete?

:insane:
On a serious note, I just heard Keith Combs would be the new Head Coach.
[Image: https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PassionateImpe...-small.gif] Bolz ole Fatpat head gets all swimmy with the lil cubbies baby! Ole Fatpat cholesterol and trigylceride levels are freaking pumped up bruh for a showdown with Lotts Creeky! Wowza! #readytorumble #revolvingdoorinthecreek More mash taters please!!!
The Dogfather Wrote:Good question. The face of Cordia is always changing, players and coaches. Will they be able to compete this year? Allegedly, they lost Frazier to Perry (what's the status of his eligibility). Have they lost others? Have they gained others that will be able to compete?

:insane:

Can 100% confirm they lost Frazier to Perry.
I'm pretty sure he will be (or is) eligible.
There's another former Lion who returned to the 14th this season who is enrolled at Perry as well.