Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 38 Simon Kenton 9
Final
Just like everyone thought, Simon Kenton only looked good because of a soft schedule. They are probably still the best 6A team in NKY but now I have to wonder if they will beat Beechwood next week.
Congrats to Highlands. Beechwood would be a 7 point favorite over Highlands.
I agree on Beechwood. Plus Highlands wouldn’t beat Corbin, Belfry or Maysville. There’s a lot of teams Highlands could beat. But a lot of teams they couldn’t beat. Not like the old days anymore. Not when there was only 3 classes. And the playoffs were the BEST teams in the state. You even get to the playoffs in any class. You’re going to beat most teams in the state You play in a state championship. Those odds go WAY up
Highlands would beat Henry Clay, Bryan Station, Tates Creek Dunbar and Lafayette.
Amazing how quiet it is in this thread. If the score was reversed there would already be two pages worth of material from two people, one who claims he played for Highlands and one who wishes that he did.

Game was not well played by Highlands yet they roll to a comfortable win. 6A football is really really down in NKY this year if SK is the best of the bunch.
I kinda disagree. I think highlands would be the favorite in a birds/beechwood matchup.
Mantax. Where are they?
Really bad night for SK. Fumbled snaps set up 2 tds. Injuries hurt SK last night.
Way to go Bluebirds!
CarzyRock Wrote:Just like everyone thought, Simon Kenton only looked good because of a soft schedule. They are probably still the best 6A team in NKY but now I have to wonder if they will beat Beechwood next week.

I can see Beechwood beating them.
E's Army Wrote:Highlands would beat Henry Clay, Bryan Station, Tates Creek Dunbar and Lafayette.
:yawn:
UK1fan Wrote:Really bad night for SK. Fumbled snaps set up 2 tds. Injuries hurt SK last night.

As usual, SK will rack up some wins by playing a cupcake schedule, but when the rubber meets the road, they will come up short. How long before Marksberry cancels the series against the Birds so he can find another 1A team to play instead?
JustADad Wrote:As usual, SK will rack up some wins by playing a cupcake schedule, but when the rubber meets the road, they will come up short. How long before Marksberry cancels the series against the Birds so he can find another 1A team to play instead?

He may renew one more time for 2019 and 2020, but after that they will likely get Holy Cross or Dayton back on the schedule.

Amazing how quiet the guy is now isn't it? Pretty much like the other blowhard from Ryle who no longer shows face in these parts either.
SK gets beat by BW and Campbell Co.
Nky guru Wrote:SK gets beat by BW and Campbell Co.

Beechwood winning sounds about right but Campbell Co is a bit doubtful. Just comparing scores with Cooper, SK beat them 46-3 and Campbell Co went 22-21 with them.