Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic @ DeSales 9/21
Lex Cath goes on the road to take on DeSales. Thoughts?
DeSales at home 9 out of 10 :popcorn:

DeSales 42
Lexington Catholic 21
Desales by a couple scores
Twitter: @tc_analytics

DeSales - 48
LexCath - 14
Lex cath gonna get exposed.
I also believe Desales wins in a rather high scoring game 42 to 28
On paper I think some might favor LC but as far as the actual matchup I beleive desales will be too much for them at the line of scrimmage.
Desales puts up a running clock.
No running clock, no blow out, high scoring? Yes, DeSales 49-28
Rain is in the forecast. That will favor the Colts. Our lines handled them pretty easily last year. I expect pretty much the same this year.
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. Fayette Co. football is soft.
DeSales by 20
FBfan4life Wrote:No running clock, no blow out, high scoring? Yes, DeSales 49-28

that's more like it.
I don't expect the Colts to give up many points, but, LC will likely be the best offensive team they've faced. Butler is the only team that has had much success with that D and they're a more physically imposing team. I think Desales takes this one something like 35-20..
Since DeSales and CAL increased their recruiting budgets it has become almost impossible for mortal teams to compete with them.
ColtPride Wrote:Rain is in the forecast. That will favor the Colts. Our lines handled them pretty easily last year. I expect pretty much the same this year.
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. Fayette Co. football is soft.
Come over and play Douglass :theman:
E's Army Wrote:Since DeSales and CAL increased their recruiting budgets it has become almost impossible for mortal teams to compete with them.
I like that :rockon:
E's Army Wrote:Since DeSales and CAL increased their recruiting budgets it has become almost impossible for mortal teams to compete with them.

I'm relatively new to the site, but is it just general consensus that any successful team recruits players?
FBfan4life Wrote:Come over and play Douglass :theman:

We'd love too! We don't run from 6A schools. Actually we are pretty successful against them. We probably dress more than they do.
CarzyRock Wrote:I'm relatively new to the site, but is it just general consensus that any successful team recruits players?

On this site they allow it, so they love to throw it out.
ColtPride Wrote:We'd love too! We don't run from 6A schools. Actually we are pretty successful against them. We probably dress more than they do.
My statement has nothing to do with playing 6A schools. Is in reference to Fayette Co schools being soft. Unfortunately Lexington only has 6 HS and teams that are good fluctuate yearly. Lafayette was dominant for a few years, Henry Clay was before that, now Douglass is the team. To say Fayette Co is soft, heck with the exception on St X, T, Cal and DS, I can say Jefferson Co is softy too and has a lot more schools :notworthy
FBfan4life Wrote:My statement has nothing to do with playing 6A schools. Is in reference to Fayette Co schools being soft. Unfortunately Lexington only has 6 HS and teams that are good fluctuate yearly. Lafayette was dominant for a few years, Henry Clay was before that, now Douglass is the team. To say Fayette Co is soft, heck with the exception on St X, T, Cal and DS, I can say Jefferson Co is softy too and has a lot more schools :notworthy

Fayette County, as a metropolitan city in this state, is way behind Northern Kentucky, and Jefferson County in football.
CarzyRock Wrote:I'm relatively new to the site, but is it just general consensus that any successful team recruits players?

Yep! You can’t be a top team in any class and not recruit apparently. Some people don’t know how to lose with class is all it is. Hell people in surrounding schools call us the Tri county all stars. Even though 95% of the kids have played at Corbin since elementary school.
FBfan4life Wrote:My statement has nothing to do with playing 6A schools. Is in reference to Fayette Co schools being soft. Unfortunately Lexington only has 6 HS and teams that are good fluctuate yearly. Lafayette was dominant for a few years, Henry Clay was before that, now Douglass is the team. To say Fayette Co is soft, heck with the exception on St X, T, Cal and DS, I can say Jefferson Co is softy too and has a lot more schools :notworthy
I would say overall Louisville schools are down this year. The big dogs aren’t what they normally are. Trinity and X are way down. Central is also down. That don’t leave but desales and Cal

You're forgetting Male and Central who are perennially good. Also Manual, PRP, Butler, and Ballard who fluctuate in strength. Also, it's a bit hard to buy that a county with 6-8 powerful schools is soft compared to a county with only 1-2 even factoring in population since Louisville is less than double (621K vs 321K).
Hound05 Wrote:I would say overall Louisville schools are down this year. The big dogs aren’t what they normally are. Trinity and X are way down. Central is also down. That don’t leave but desales and Cal

St. X and Trinity are down this year, but even in a down year they're easily top ten in 6A and Male is #1.
Desales comfortably.

yes, on this site you are going to hear that a lot.
CarzyRock Wrote:St. X and Trinity are down this year, but even in a down year they're easily top ten in 6A and Male is #1.

Oh yea no doubt. I’m meant down but in perspective for Louisville
Lexington football is horrible outside a team here and there....then FDU comes along and are allowed to stockpile kids from across the city.

SMH
DeSales by +28