Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Boyd County
Now the real season begins, district play is upon us. The Golden Eagles travel north to play the Lions in the opening game for both teams in district play. With the new district alignment for the '19-'22 seasons, this might be the last time we team play each other for few seasons.

JC leads the All-Time series, 12-8.
1971: Boyd County 44-6
1975: Boyd County 60-0
1981: Johnson Central 8-6
1982: Boyd County 20-0
1991: Boyd County 28-6
1992: Boyd County 27-26
1999: Boyd County 53-18
2000: Johnson Central 14-12
2001: Boyd County 45-0
2002: Boyd County 30-0
2005: Johnson Central 47-27
2006: Johnson Central 63-12
2006: Johnson Central 50-6 (Playoffs; 1st Round)
2011: Johnson Central 51-20
2012: Johnson Central 37-6
2013: Johnson Central 69-14
2014: Johnson Central 64-19
2015: Johnson Central 59-12
2016: Johnson Central 56-0
2017: Johnson Central 58-0
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I am sure Boyd is glad this is the last they will see of Johnson Central. The Golden Eagles should bring their middle school team for this week's game.
JC's first ever 10-0 season & district championship came @ Boyd County in 2000.

Bill Tom Ross was Boyd County's head coach in 2000. If I'm not mistaken, BTR wrote an article for the Daily-Independent that ran the day of the game. Talking about one the Boyd's star players was hurt and was not gonna play in the game that night. Game time comes.... and said star player is dressed and ready to play. JC won the game in the last few seconds of the 4th qtr. on a 2 pt. conversion. If I'm way off base about this, somebody please correct me, but if I'm right, can you please fill in the details.
Johnson Central keeps on truckin
I am stealing @Ram-A-Devil's line...….. JC wins by eleventy billion! LOL
I predict JC with a big win!
I haven't been to Boyd County fince JC's '16 game there.... did Boyd County get a new field to go along with their new high school?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I haven't been to Boyd County fince JC's '16 game there.... did Boyd County get a new field to go along with their new high school?

No the field is the same. I was over there a few days ago and the playing surface looks really rough and has some bumps and holes in it.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I haven't been to Boyd County fince JC's '16 game there.... did Boyd County get a new field to go along with their new high school?

Orange Blaze Wrote:No the field is the same. I was over there a few days ago and the playing surface looks really rough and has some bumps and holes in it.

This will be JC's first of three games on grass this season.

@ Boyd County.
@ East Carter.
@ Rowan County.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:This will be JC's first of three games on grass this season.

@ Boyd County.
@ East Carter.
@ Rowan County.

Rowan County has turf...
Eagles by 36+
Pulp Fiction Wrote:This will be JC's first of three games on grass this season.

@ Boyd County.
@ East Carter.
@ Rowan County.

Bandit29 Wrote:Rowan County has turf...

No kidding.... when did this happen?
Johnson Central 63
Boyd County 0
Jc by as much as they want
Pulp Fiction Wrote:JC's first ever 10-0 season & district championship came @ Boyd County in 2000.

Bill Tom Ross was Boyd County's head coach in 2000. If I'm not mistaken, BTR wrote an article for the Daily-Independent that ran the day of the game. Talking about one the Boyd's star players was hurt and was not gonna play in the game that night. Game time comes.... and said star player is dressed and ready to play. JC won the game in the last few seconds of the 4th qtr. on a 2 pt. conversion. If I'm way off base about this, somebody please correct me, but if I'm right, can you please fill in the details.

I don't know if BTR wrote the article, seems to me that Mark Maynard of the Daily-Independent conducted the interview of BTR for the game day periodical's release. Zach Fugeman was the star running back & he did play but I will agree he wasn't 100% or at least didn't appear to be. You are correct on the details, JC converted a two-point conversion late in the fourth for the win. JC also had some crucial penalties down the stretch such as a negated kickoff return for a touchdown by Chat Yates due to a clipping call.
Last season
Pulp Fiction Wrote:JC's first ever 10-0 season & district championship came @ Boyd County in 2000.

The Blue Blur Wrote:I don't know if BTR wrote the article, seems to me that Mark Maynard of the Daily-Independent conducted the interview of BTR for the game day periodical's release. Zach Fugeman was the star running back & he did play but I will agree he wasn't 100% or at least didn't appear to be. You are correct on the details, JC converted a two-point conversion late in the fourth for the win. JC also had some crucial penalties down the stretch such as a negated kickoff return for a touchdown by Chat Yates due to a clipping call.

Good memory about the Yates clipping call.... Chat was fast as lighting.

In the two seasons I was around coach Ross, I can tell he was big manipulation & deception, so I can see BTR wanting that story published.

I can still remember the JC crowd's reaction when we converted the 2 pt. try.... it was in the end zone opposite the visitors side concession stand.

Do you know where you can read this article at?
Ricky00 Wrote:Last season

Good to know.
What has happened to the Boyd County program the past 10 or so years? All them go to other schools? Dont they pay the coaching staff enough? All I hear from my Dad is how good Boyd County used to be years ago. Said they were about like Belfry today.
JC whatever they want to hang on them. Would make for an exciting game if Boyd started out up 50-0!
Johnson Central rolls.
Is Boyd County getting a new stadium in the near future?
Running clock in 1st Qtr!

No! Same swamp!
Should be a running clock before halftime.
Johnson Central 56
Boyd County 7
Pulp Fiction Wrote:No kidding.... when did this happen?

Last season. :rockon: