Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caldwell County @ Paducah Tilghman 9/21/18
Who wins
A week ago I would have said PT by a comfortable margin, but Caldwell seems to be playing to the level they should the last couple games. I'll say it will be a close game.
PT is primarily a one dimensional team that has exceeded preseason expectations. If Caldwell can throttle the run, then they will win because Tilghman has a negligible passing game. But stopping the run is no small order because of the size and outside speed of PT's numerous backs. Jaggers can throw the ball and PT has trouble defending the pass so I would expect lots of stunts. Predicting PT 31-21 but could see it going either way.
Pt - 27
cc - 21
PT by 3
who backed out of what game?
Must be talking about PT. Is that why they play Liberty Tech?
Pt 35
cc 14
Im not sure who he is talking about backing out of a game this year. Sounds like he has been misinformed considering both Tilghman, and Caldwell are playing a 10 game regular season schedule against the exact same opponents as last year, and this is the 2nd year of your traditional 2 year contracts. Maybe Pikeville was a game short and tried to schedule one of them, but they would have had to drop an opponent to play Pikeville, and that wouldn't be right to drop someone you have already committed to.
This could go either way, IMO:

Paducah Tilghman 28
Caldwell County 24
I'm going with PT.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Im not sure who he is talking about backing out of a game this year. Sounds like he has been misinformed considering both Tilghman, and Caldwell are playing a 10 game regular season schedule against the exact same opponents as last year, and this is the 2nd year of your traditional 2 year contracts. Maybe Pikeville was a game short and tried to schedule one of them, but they would have had to drop an opponent to play Pikeville, and that wouldn't be right to drop someone you have already committed to.

I think he is referring to Calloway County.
Dang, if I was Calloway, I wouldn’t travel that far either. They are having a hard time finding wins.
Asking for a friend, what does Calloway County have to do with this game?
Total mistake on my part. I misread it as Calloway County. Can a mod please delete my comment? Uggghh. That’s what posting after working late night does for you. I’m very sorry.
Westside Wrote:I think he is referring to Calloway County.
I absolutely am. So sorry. I misread the title and thought Calloway County vs PT. Old, tired eyes shouldn’t post comments sometimes.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Im not sure who he is talking about backing out of a game this year. Sounds like he has been misinformed considering both Tilghman, and Caldwell are playing a 10 game regular season schedule against the exact same opponents as last year, and this is the 2nd year of your traditional 2 year contracts. Maybe Pikeville was a game short and tried to schedule one of them, but they would have had to drop an opponent to play Pikeville, and that wouldn't be right to drop someone you have already committed to.
Not misinformed, but a simple misread of the title. It WAS Calloway County I was referring to. My apologies for the mistake.
Tica Wrote:Asking for a friend, what does Calloway County have to do with this game?
Not a thing other than I made a mistake that I’ve apologized for in reading the title.
If it was Calloway Co, I don't blame them for backing out. They're not good, at all and Pikeville would definitely put a running clock on them. Pikeville should be happy for them dropping that game cause it wouldn't do a thing in the world for them except to pad stats and get an easy W.. As far as this game is concerned, I like PT by a couple of TDs..
I’m going with the Tornadoes
Post delete as per PHSForever request.

You guys lay off. He is old and feeble!!

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Post delete as per PHSForever request.

You guys lay off. He is old and feeble!!

Confusednicker:
So old and feeble, I have to hire people to start up my scooter! Lol
We will save a seat for you just in case you get the urge to drive across Ky.
I really think Caldwell is down, way down. I think PT is on the rise. I don’t see Caldwell matching the speed and size of PT.
This game sets up for a broad spectrum of possibilities. Tilghman is 0-3 against the Tigers and come in as the favorite (by most thinking) for the first time in this 4 year span. With Caldwell moving back to 2A next year the Blue Tornado will have extra incentive for payback.

If Caldwell County plays like they did against Henderson County this game is going to be a real good one. Their run defense has been good most of the year and will need to be at its best against run dominate Tilghman. The other key for the Tigers is to have limited INTs maybe zero as the Blue Tornado have a knack for taking those things to the house. If Caldwell County plays like they did against Hopkinsville (4 red zone turnovers) it could get ugly. Tilghman can take a tight game and turn it into a blowout really fast if gifted the ball.

Tilghman has been rather consistent on both sides of the ball and their pass defense might be the biggest question. They tend to play 7 front aggressive and 4 back soft, giving the middle, and wait for mistakes. This looks like a classic game of run vs. pass or who's defense can be the better against the other's strength. Both teams have play makers on special teams capable of putting points on the board. One significant difference is the kicking game...advantage Tilghman due to the Tigers' struggles.
Tilghman does not try to hide what they do. They line up and they run. They can power off tackle or they can jet sweep. They have a stable of backs: some are big and powerful and three are very fast. If you can stop the run, you win. If you can't. You will lose.
I agree with Tica. I have been bashed for the past 6 years or so for constantly giving PT too much cred. This year, I underestimated them. I can’t win for losing with this bunch. I know MHS beat them pretty well but, I really think this team is going to surprise a bunch of people. I guess it takes an old Mayfield boy to straighten the program out.
If I’m not mistaken Pikeville has an open game anyways. Because I’ve seen where they were maybe trying to get something going with Harlan county. But as to why they have an open game I’m not sure. Harlan’s was weather related. If any of this is even what the OP is referring to?
Hound05 Wrote:If I’m not mistaken Pikeville has an open game anyways. Because I’ve seen where they were maybe trying to get something going with Harlan county. But as to why they have an open game I’m not sure. Harlan’s was weather related. If any of this is even what the OP is referring to?
It is not. Sorry guys (and gals). I made a mistake and asked Granny Bear to delete my comment. Misread Caldwell County for Calloway. Long story. Carry on.