Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 56 Graves County 21
Final
Congrats to Mayfield
A real nail-biter.
Way to go Cardinals! The lowly Hounds are next.
From Paducah Suns Al Willman:

Mayfield's Jayden Stinson was 11-of-16 for 254 yards, four touchdowns and zero interceptions -- improving to 1,256 yards passing, 17 touchdowns and still no picks
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:From Paducah Suns Al Willman:

Mayfield's Jayden Stinson was 11-of-16 for 254 yards, four touchdowns and zero interceptions -- improving to 1,256 yards passing, 17 touchdowns and still no picks

Those are some impressive stats! Congrats on the win Mayfield.
Mayfield passing game is a thing of beauty. They spread you out with 4 receivers and the RBs can also catch it and make big plays. All the WRs are exceptional athletes with good hands, speed and explosiveness and Matthews is as tough a RB as you’ll find anywhere not to mention he’s also a superb athlete.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Those are some impressive stats! Congrats on the win Mayfield.

I think so too, but there is a few that has been displeased with his performance this year believe it or not. Only takes one game that you don't score 50 to get some to want the qb changed.
They're one of the best offensive teams in the entire state. They still need to work on there defense, especially early in games, but, even when they give up scores, they strike back quickly and often with no panic.. Calm and confident from the opening kick to the end of the game or get so far ahead that's it's not relevant anymore..
What was that, 10 in a row? Better than PT but it is getting hard to call this a rivalry
Graves was lucky to get their 3 scores. 1st one supposedly a whistle blew, 2nd fumble return and 3rd a desperate heave. Mayfield was efficient on offense and Neely looked like a man among boys after his catches. All in all a good win and move onto Corbin.
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:From Paducah Suns Al Willman:

Does he stand in the pocket all day like Tom Brady with no pass rush on him?
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Mayfield passing game is a thing of beauty. They spread you out with 4 receivers and the RBs can also catch it and make big plays. All the WRs are exceptional athletes with good hands, speed and explosiveness and Matthews is as tough a RB as you’ll find anywhere not to mention he’s also a superb athlete.

Sounds like they are unstoppable.:biggrin:
Congratulations to Mayfield on the win, must be a great team to watch play the game of football.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:They're one of the best offensive teams in the entire state. They still need to work on there defense, especially early in games, but, even when they give up scores, they strike back quickly and often with no panic.. Calm and confident from the opening kick to the end of the game or get so far ahead that's it's not relevant anymore..

scary.
Snakesnot Wrote:Graves was lucky to get their 3 scores. 1st one supposedly a whistle blew, 2nd fumble return and 3rd a desperate heave. Mayfield was efficient on offense and Neely looked like a man among boys after his catches. All in all a good win and move onto Corbin.

if they got lucky on not one but three touchdowns they should for sure buy a lottery ticket.
Now feasting on dog next.
mysonis55 Wrote:Now feasting on dog next.

They hounds are in real trouble with you after them.
pjdoug Wrote:if they got lucky on not one but three touchdowns they should for sure buy a lottery ticket.

I thought for the most part 2 of 3 were very lucky.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Mayfield passing game is a thing of beauty. They spread you out with 4 receivers and the RBs can also catch it and make big plays. All the WRs are exceptional athletes with good hands, speed and explosiveness and Matthews is as tough a RB as you’ll find anywhere not to mention he’s also a superb athlete.

That's a scary thought! Lol. Sounds like The Cards are set for another deep run this November. Good luck.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I think so too, but there is a few that has been displeased with his performance this year believe it or not. Only takes one game that you don't score 50 to get some to want the qb changed.

Wow, are you serious? I wish our passing game was just half that good.
mysonis55 Wrote:Now feasting on dog next.

If your talking about Corbin, should be a good one. I wish I could watch it but unfortunately we play that night to. I wish they would put some of these big games on Saturdays so some of us could travel and watch these big time contests.
With the receivers and line play any QB would have great stats. Let’s keep track of the 1500 Yards that have been overthrown and then let’s look at the yards after the catch and the real story is told. So yes as of now I still believe Conner is a more accurate and better QB.
On the short passes, Conner is very accurate and yes, he's a more mobile, more athletic QB, but, he's also a huge weapon on the receiving end. I like his 6'3 frame catching the ball for big plays.. I think Stinson throws the better mid to long range throws and is more settled in the pocket. Conner locks in on a target and if not there, immediately tucks and runs. That often turns into a nice play, but, not a 20-30 yard downfield reception. Conner may well be better, but, when you have a kid completing 60-70% of his passes, averaging about 20 yards a completion with 17 TDs to 0 ints, what's not to like. Geez.
I am not saying jaden is no good and even getting better every game. I am simply defending my earlier opinion. From the comment “50 points weren’t scored and some want to change QB. The problem is jaden in my opinion is not very mobile and will be thrown off his game when he has to move we’ll see though. Open dump off passes we are good it’s when it has to be thrown on longer or fly patterns not so good. Disclaimer this is still just my opinion and will not be forced on anyone else
CARDFAN16 Wrote:With the receivers and line play any QB would have great stats. Let’s keep track of the 1500 Yards that have been overthrown and then let’s look at the yards after the catch and the real story is told. So yes as of now I still believe Conner is a more accurate and better QB.

Stinson has a way stronger arm and is more accurate. I don’t see any overthrown balls but I have seen drops by some recievers. At one point I thought Conner should be getting more reps at QB but Stinson has taken his game to another level. It’s good to have the luxury of two QB’s with different skill sets.
Earlier in the year I was one of the people that felt Mayfield was better with Conner at QB, I’m beginning to change my mind. Having said that, I still feel we need to get the ball into Conner’s hands more, and there may come a
Game when our passing is shut down and at that point we will need to go to Conner at QB. That’s hypothetical cause I don’t our passing game can be shut down.
Corbin better make sure it's not a crew of MF guys calling the game like it was last year.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:Corbin better make sure it's not a crew of MF guys calling the game like it was last year.

Want some cheese with that whine?
I can’t recall one call that was questionable that went Mayfield’s way last year.