Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineville 30 Middlesboro 24
Final
Congrats to Pineville.
The randy curse lives on
We came out in a new game plan and drove the ball down the field twice and go up 16 -0 , then I guess coaching took over and went away from that till late and turned it over twice. Pineville is well coach, we lost this game on the sideline and box . Congratulations Pineville. Looks like we would have finished last in that class A district. What make people think we can compete in any district if we don’t make a change.
Way to go Lions!
A pretty good effort from Middlesboro.
Does Middlesboro have a winnable game left on the schedule? Lions are driving towards the Campers.
attacktheV Wrote:The randy curse lives on

randy curse lol
Congrats Pineville!
pjdoug Wrote:randy curse lol

:yikes:
Middlesboro football sure has went downhill. I can remember when Pineville had some very good teams.....Lynch was always a touchdown better.
Congratulations Pineville!!!

Looks like Middlesboro may be improving as the season has gone on. The score is much closer than I thought it would've been.
Danville , Somerset and LCA waiting on district schedule. Long year for Jackets.
Congrats Pineville!
Congrats pineville. I thought they’d take this one. Here’s to hoping Mboro can turn things around SOON!!
The crater seems especially deep this morning.
The crater is very quite this weekend. I have never seen a coach last this long and lose this much without being replaced. Especially in a traditional program such as Middlesboro. With that said , a special Thanks to all that are a part of it. I could not believe my eyes when they got off the bus. Huge everywhere and speed to match. Well Thanks Middlesboro, we all hope you continue to keep that staff and administration for some time. Go Mt. Lions

On a different note a big shout out to Middlesboro Daily News and Anthony Cloud for the article on how bad Mt.Likns would be and only win 1-3 games this year. Never know where motivation may come from.
TheBoz Wrote:The crater is very quite this weekend. I have never seen a coach last this long and lose this much without being replaced. Especially in a traditional program such as Middlesboro. With that said , a special Thanks to all that are a part of it. I could not believe my eyes when they got off the bus. Huge everywhere and speed to match. Well Thanks Middlesboro, we all hope you continue to keep that staff and administration for some time. Go Mt. Lions

On a different note a big shout out to Middlesboro Daily News and Anthony Cloud for the article on how bad Mt.Likns would be and only win 1-3 games this year. Never know where motivation may come from.
Reminds me of the idiot sports writer for the Times Tribune in Corbin. Knows nothing about the local teams but thinks he is the editor of Sports Illustrated.
Pineville's players and coaches deserve credit for improvement. If they needed any motivation, last season should have provided all they needed.
I don't think anyone outside of Pineville would have picked them to win more than 3 games after seeing them last year.
I have had this conversation with you before, HCS, high school can turn in a year it depends on the roster coming back and what is done in off season. Most of you guys preseason pics are on what they done last year. I have told you before you need to look at some rosters and do just a bit of work before you put your name on an article. I also saw were some of you had Harlan County in preseason top 10. That tells me no one even looked at their rosters or did a bit of work beyond what they did last year. You guys lose a lot of credibility when you don’t do better.
I didn't have Harlan County on any top 10 lists in football. I just reported they lost 19 of 22 starters.
As for basketball, stop by the office and I will show you the 60-plus rosters I put together every summer of all the basketball teams in the 13th and 14th. Nobody watches more basketball than me in the summer.
You just posted that you would have said the same 3 wins based on what they did last year. This is football season and football board not basketball. Do some more homework before preseason or are you guys just this bad?
4. Pineville (2-9) — Rebuilding started for the Lions last season and will continue this fall with 10 starters back on offense and nine on defense. Running backs Matt Golden (743 yards rushing) and Reese Capps (319 yards rushing) and quarterback Garland Ellis (33 of 70 for 371 yards passing) return in the backfield. The Lions bring back their top six tacklers from last year, led by junior linebacker Sean Whitehead with 97, followed by Golden, Nick Holbrook, Capps, Braiden Lingar and Deion Coffman.
There is my research. Pineville brings a lot back and so did Lynn Camp and Harlan, so I didn't anticipate a major move up the standings, but I've been wrong before.
What did you pick Pineville's record to be this year?
I stand corrected you just that bad at predicting games with some info.

I don’t understand, they have a lot coming back, but didn’t anticipate an up swing.

I had at least double the amount of wins as you guys did. I had said a winning season
jamesdeane Wrote:Reminds me of the idiot sports writer for the Times Tribune in Corbin. Knows nothing about the local teams but thinks he is the editor of Sports Illustrated.

I can guess who that is. lol
AnswertheBell Wrote:I have had this conversation with you before, HCS, high school can turn in a year it depends on the roster coming back and what is done in off season. Most of you guys preseason pics are on what they done last year. I have told you before you need to look at some rosters and do just a bit of work before you put your name on an article. I also saw were some of you had Harlan County in preseason top 10. That tells me no one even looked at their rosters or did a bit of work beyond what they did last year. You guys lose a lot of credibility when you don’t do better.

You are one of the best in the area. Your knowledge and support of the staff at Pineville is showing. keep up the good work.
Pineville has been a surprise this year. But lets not forget they haven't played a team yet that has won more than 1 game. And they did only win 2 games last year. I don't want to try to knock Pineville, but lets see how they do against 3 solid district opponents first.
AnswertheBell Wrote:I stand corrected you just that bad at predicting games with some info.

I don’t understand, they have a lot coming back, but didn’t anticipate an up swing.

I had at least double the amount of wins as you guys did. I had said a winning season

I didn't see your prediction in the Pineville thread. Where do you have their record picked? If you have 6-4, then you are much more accurate than me in this case.
Like I said, I give credit to Pineville's players and the coaching staff for improvement. A couple of those teams beat Pineville pretty bad last year. Just because players are a year older does not always mean major improvement.
Middlesboro is in bad shape it appears. Something needs to change. Its much more fun when they are somewhat competitive.