Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 27 Florida 16
What happened???
Finally finished a game with more points then the Gators
Eat the Crow fellows! EAT IT
I usually drink the kool aid and think we have a real chance. This year I didn’t, and look what happened. We were the better team, more physical than them. If we can quit turning it over we might really have something this year.
Can’t wait to see RIUTG’s hot take on this game
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I’m very negative when it comes to Kentucky football sometimes, but it’s hard to be tonight. The streak is over! Go Cats!!
Put up or shut up.

And they did.
Suck it Florida. Chomp Chomp.
Reality hasn’t really sunk in yet for me that we actually beat Florida in a football game. Really good football game offensively and defensively for the Cats. Still got a lot of things to work on but my goodness this win feels good. Go Big Blue!
I’m still numb but my god what a freaking night!!
Manhandled Gators and ran over top of them.
Granny Bear Wrote:What happened???

Granny Bear, I think you messed up on the the score of this game. You have the scores reversed. You accidentally have it listed as Kentucky beatiing Florida.
:betterthanexpected:
I'll give credit where its due.
That was a great game plan that was executed well.

Wilson settled down in the second half and fir the first time that I can remember, Florida did not have the speed to overcome the physicality of kentuckys defense.

I'm glad stoops didnt lose the game running the wildcat over and over even though he tried.

I'll still be surprised if this teams goes better than 6-6 but if they can head to Texas AM undefeated then I think they'll finish second in the east.

They must now not let Fitzgerald run all over the field on them.

Very exciting game. Watched start to finish.
Great win in the Swamp, congrats to Coach Stoops and the team...So glad I was there to witness it with good friends, Benny and the Cats kicked ass...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ky dominated the line of scrimmage and looked faster and bigger then Florida. This game and win are a hopefully a program changer. A lot of recruits were at this game and watching. Stoops Troops should get a huge shot in the arm in the recruiting battle down south with this W!!!!! Still in shock.
Last week Touchdown Terry looked confused and jittery. Last night, despite the two turnovers, there were times when he looked like Lamar, which is the highest praise I can give a college qb. If he continues to settle in and improve we should have a shot in virtually every game left except maybe Georgia and A&M.
OldJacket Wrote:Great win in the Swamp, congrats to Coach Stoops and the team...So glad I was there to witness it with good friends, Benny and the Cats kicked ass...
Pulp Fiction was there too. He posted selfies of himself choking the gator statue outside the stadium, and another where he was inside the stadium but it was empty. Captioned.....Kentucky drained the swamp!!

Van Hagar Wrote:Last week Touchdown Terry looked confused and jittery. Last night, despite the two turnovers, there were times when he looked like Lamar, which is the highest praise I can give a college qb. If he continues to settle in and improve we should have a shot in virtually every game left except maybe Georgia and A&M.
I was so impressed with him in this game and hope he can keep it up! Not only his athletic ability but his judgment and poise was spot on.

CardinalAlum Wrote:I’m still numb but my god what a freaking night!!
Yes, it WAS the best College Game Day in a long long time. The Nebraska/Colorado game was one for the books and A&M came so close to beating Clemson. Then UK stopped a 31 year winning streak with Florida.
Benny pickeled the streak. Great game. Those of us in Gainesvillle got a thrill.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'll give credit where its due.
That was a great game plan that was executed well.

Wilson settled down in the second half and fir the first time that I can remember, Florida did not have the speed to overcome the physicality of kentuckys defense.

I'm glad stoops didnt lose the game running the wildcat over and over even though he tried.

I'll still be surprised if this teams goes better than 6-6 but if they can head to Texas AM undefeated then I think they'll finish second in the east.

They must now not let Fitzgerald run all over the field on them.

Very exciting game. Watched start to finish.

I agree with this, but man was it a great win. Now take that wildcat play out of the playbook Confusednicker:
I wasn't sure I would ever see the Cats beat the Gators in my lifetime. Hopefully this win was a sign of things to come for the cats.
I see Gut is still crying and hasn't made it on here yet...
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I see Gut is still crying and hasn't made it on here yet...

He posted... lol
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Kentucky was the better team.

UK's offensive line played like an SEC caliber offensive line. We've had equal skill players a few seasons during the streak, but never had the O-line. The O-line was the difference this year.

Wilson's TD passes would have been sacks in previous years. This year though, our O-line gave up ZERO sacks & ZERO QB hurries.

The number of plays Florida normally scores on in previous years were stopped by UK's Defense. The type of 2 pt. conversion that Florida usually makes against UK was deflected in the same type of fashion Florida has done way too many times in the past. Josh Allen's deflection is the type of play Florida would have beat us on.

This was not a 'clean' game by any stretch, way too many dumb penalties & two too many turnovers on UK's part. Not gonna play the "we win by --- many more points, IF....." game. UK did cover the receivers though.

The field goal Florida missed is the type of break UK never gets. No matter if everybody else on the planet thought the kick was Good or not, the only person's opinion that mattered was the referee standing under the goal post. UK was always on the wrong side of calls like that in the past. The 2014 play clock hitting 0:00 on Florida in OT comes to mind.

YEARS & YEARS of suffering have finally..... YEARS & YEARS of being outmatched at every position on the field have finally ended..... YEARS & YEARS of watching the Cats find the worst way possible to lose to Florida finally ended...… YEARS & YEARS of having to see how life was in 1986 finally ended...… YEARS & YEARS of saying "that's so Kentucky football" have finally ended.

It's a new day in the Commonwealth.
Tennessee streak - Dead (2011).
Florida streak - Dead (2018).
Beating the #1 team in the nation on our home field - Done (LSU in 2007).
Beating Louisville & the Heisman trophy winner on their home field - Done (Lamar Jackson, 2016).
Having back-to-back winning seasons - Done (2016 & 2017).
Going to back-to-back bowl games - Done (2016 & 2017).
Updated & renovated stadium - Done.
State-of-the-art football facilities - Done.
Depth & players to compete in the SEC - Done.
Coaching to compete in the SEC - Done. Wins over Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Missouri & Mississippi State.

Every ghost of UK's football past is gone. We can move on as a program and as a fanbase. We are the only ones who can get hung up on what happened before 9/9/18.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Granny Bear Wrote:Pulp Fiction was there too. He posted selfies of himself choking the gator statue outside the stadium, and another where he was inside the stadium but it was empty. Captioned.....Kentucky drained the swamp!!

I was so impressed with him in this game and hope he can keep it up! Not only his athletic ability but his judgment and poise was spot on.

Yes, it WAS the best College Game Day in a long long time. The Nebraska/Colorado game was one for the books and A&M came so close to beating Clemson. Then UK stopped a 31 year winning streak with Florida.

Those pics were from 2017, Granny Bear. Believe me though, I would be in the Gainesville detention center for storming the field if I was there.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
My nephew drove down to the game. I feel as though I have failed him as an uncle. He prefers UK over EKU and Michigan over Ohio State. I'm not sure where I went wrong with him.
in the pass 32 years UK have give that game away 7 or 8 time that I can remember. I watch 5 or 6 mins of this game. I told my brother in law, if UK keep it up the full game they going to beat FL. UK D was running to the ball and FL D watching UK run pass them. I put it this way. UK was playing like FL use to play and FL was playing like UK use to.
great game all the way around by UK. You take back that INT and fumble, their could have probably been couple more scores put up for the Cats. Could have easily been 33-16 (2 field goals) 40-16 (two more td's) or 38-16 (2 td's but missed xp) but either way I'm satisfied with the win. Cats could maybe only lose 2 games this season. 1 is definant loss to Georgia.
Spud6 Wrote:He posted... lol

yep. thats my bad lol
Wildcatk23 Wrote:yep. thats my bad lol
:haters: