Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 40 Ryle 3
Final
Way to go Bluebirds.
Congrats to Highlands. This is what is expected of a Highlands team.
Not sure Ryle will win another game this season.
Mission1 Wrote:Not sure Ryle will win another game this season.

:yeah:
Good and expected win for the bluebirds. Who is up next?
Why is it so quiet in here? Ryle was MORE physical than Highlands, their QB situation was now stable, their RB was the difference maker and Highlands had no way to stop him and on and on and on.

If Highlands ever gets their offensive woes figured out they will be a tough out for everyone not named Covington Catholic.
It’s a good win for the birds and they are clearly much improved. That being said, Ryle is not playing very well at all. They just don’t have it this year for one reason or another.
This surprised me. I thought Highlands might win, but figured it would be a close battle either way. What happened to Ryle in just the space of a year?
To answer the question of what happened to Ryle. The line is being asked to block in a high college, pro style line scheme. Quite frankly they are incapable of doing so. It's a man on man scheme and we don't have 5-6 guys who can. We missed 35 (out of 52 offensive snaps) key blocks on players that influenced or made the play. I thinks the stubbornness of the coaching staff to admit the cerebral and physical limitations of this line is showing up big time. We don't angle block never a double at the poa, no tight end and no lead blocker. We are asking our RB to break 1-2 tackles behind the los and still be effective. We pull with a man head up on us and he walks into the backfield, ON THE PLAYSIDE! No line hot call, nothing. We chip the nose and let him go before the scrape block get's there or we run by him, and no chip at all to get a WILL LB while letting the MIKE or SAM run free?? We look football stupid. 27 yards rushing with a good power back and good vision is what you get when you fail up front. Our Wr's jog after 10 yards are extremely lazy in their breaks, drop balls..don't work back to the Qb ever. Don't block either, frankly it's pathetic. The route design is crowding the field. We try to run deep with no speed. Numerous times one guy could effectively make the QB go on to his next read because at the time of his progression two WR's will be together in a 5 yard bubble together. We never run slants or post to the middle of the field, our crossing routes are being ran 15- yards deep by receivers that are jogging into breaks and running into the defenders bubble before they break and wonder why they are not open. The defense actually played well this game aside of a few plays. We gave HHS 100 some offensive snaps and put them in bad field position all day. This is on the coaches.. They know the areas we need to improve on and no scheme or personnel changes have been made. The textbook definition of insanity. I will admit that HHS is improved vastly from last year, and the final score was 40-3. It shouldn't have been if everyone was doing their jobs to put these kids in the best position to win. Good luck to HHS the rest of the way, stay healthy.
The Ryle game that I saw, it struck me that the o line played high and with poor fundamentals. Maybe it’s the scheme they are running but improving on stance, posture, and footwork would be quite beneficial from my perspective.
Woodsman Wrote:The Ryle game that I saw, it struck me that the o line played high and with poor fundamentals. Maybe it’s the scheme they are running but improving on stance, posture, and footwork would be quite beneficial from my perspective.

They are high in their stance because they're being taught to essentially passlock and run block out of the same position they are not firing off the ball, they are standing up and catching trying to work arm position and then drive. Unfortunately the technique may work was higher skilled players but your average high school lineman is never going to be able to do this
Fear the Nation Wrote:They are high in their stance because they're being taught to essentially passlock and run block out of the same position they are not firing off the ball, they are standing up and catching trying to work arm position and then drive. Unfortunately the technique may work was higher skilled players but your average high school lineman is never going to be able to do this

Right but I hate when o linemen have a high stance or sitting back on their heels when pass blocking. No reason for it.
Woodsman Wrote:Right but I hate when o linemen have a high stance or sitting back on their heels when pass blocking. No reason for it.

Well the proof is in the pudding why we don't like that huh. I think it makes them passive and too prone to getting beat they get no push off of the line for run block which means you're running back never finds that natural soft spot in the line and constantly has to find a small crease. But trust me there's more going on there than just standing up like I said I went back through the film and did a missed block count and we missed 35 crucial blocks. You're not beating anybody when you let the defense in your backfield 35 times a game. I'll give Hhs the credit for the stunts and the blitz package that they brought, and it's apparent they watched film because they knew just who to pick on. Good job
Ryle just isn’t very good. But I agree about the fundamentals. I was saying what are they doing blocking on runs that way? No team should block like that. And with their ability it stood out even more
Woodsman Wrote:Right but I hate when o linemen have a high stance or sitting back on their heels when pass blocking. No reason for it.

Works when you have kids that can bench a house. You won't see too many of those in HS or on one team. It doesn't work when you don't have a chest or guns to punch with, even worse when you have dead feet...... DEAD FEET GET YOU BEAT.