Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 36 Paintsville 13
Final
About what I thought. Congrats Panthers.
Congrats to Panthers. Mary had a little lamb.
Pikeville has to establish a running game besides the quarterback.

The Panthers played pretty good but they've got to play better next Friday night to have a shot against Belfry.

Coach McNamee didn't sound too pleased after the game about the lack of discipline with all the late personal fouls.
Beat down. Congrats Panthers.
2 and 3 ranked class 2 a teams is galled at 30 points lol
Coach Mac should be mad that stuff is un called for but you better believe that Paintsville is by far the cheap shots team I have every watched in a while. Don’t know if they where mad because they where getting beat or what but it was bad. At the end of the game it got really chippy and it my honest opinion Pikeville should have put a running clock on them. Pikeville had some good plays but then they had some bad ones. If they play like that next Friday it’s not going to be pretty. This is just the 3rd game of the year a lot to work on Coach Mac to get out of this young men but have faith that he will get it cleaned up but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
I forgot to Congradulate the Panthers on the win, a lot a work to do but you young men will work I am sure. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
If #22 for Paintsville is D1 material then #41 for Pikeville should go on to the NFL
Pretty good showing by the Panthers. Great game by the QB for the Panthers, Connor Roberts. Heck of a game young man!
Big win for the Panthers
I thought Paintsville would keep it closer. Congrats Pikeville.
Congrats to Pikeville. Solid team. Paintsville had some good drives but just stalled out and you have to finish drives against a team like Pikeville. Was it just me or did both teams run the QB a lot?

Most obvious area for improvement for Pikeville is kickoff. Paintsville had great field possession after all those kickoffs lol.

The score is what it is but Paintsville cut it to 21-7 to start the 4th. Pikeville misplayed the kickoff and was starting at the 10. IF Paintsville could have gotten a 3 and out there, it MIGHT have been a ball game. But they didn’t and credit Pikeville for that.
Way to go Panthers!
2000PHS Wrote:Congrats to Pikeville. Solid team. Paintsville had some good drives but just stalled out and you have to finish drives against a team like Pikeville. Was it just me or did both teams run the QB a lot?

Most obvious area for improvement for Pikeville is kickoff. Paintsville had great field possession after all those kickoffs lol.

The score is what it is but Paintsville cut it to 21-7 to start the 4th. Pikeville misplayed the kickoff and was starting at the 10. IF Paintsville could have gotten a 3 and out there, it MIGHT have been a ball game. But they didn’t and credit Pikeville for that.

Let's hear you say that Paintsville does not have a good defense Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Let's hear you say that Paintsville does not have a good defense Smile

They do. It kept them in the game for 3 1/2 quarters
2000PHS Wrote:They do. It kept them in the game for 3 1/2 quarters
They dont.:dudecomeon:
Rumor mill flying in Johnson Co that Paintsville has offered their old OC his job back as offensive coordinator plus the O line coaching position. Can someone confirm this ?
2000PHS Wrote:They do. It kept them in the game for 3 1/2 quarters

The game was never in doubt, at least not for me. If you think Paintsville's defense is good, you must have thought Pikeville's defense looked like a college D.
2000PHS Wrote:Congrats to Pikeville. Solid team. Paintsville had some good drives but just stalled out and you have to finish drives against a team like Pikeville. Was it just me or did both teams run the QB a lot?

Pikeville defense stalled them out. Agree on kicking game. Must improve a lot or going to get Pikeville beat. I thought Pikeville play calling was very vanilla as it should be this early. Also when Z. Roberts gets rolling in the running game Pikeville offense will be even harder to slow down.
jetpilot Wrote:The game was never in doubt, at least not for me. If you think Paintsville's defense is good, you must have thought Pikeville's defense looked like a college D.

That's for sure. The good defense comments are puzzling to me.
There was a lot of talent from Prestonsburg on the field last night. They should have called this the “Blackcat Bowl”!! I’m joking, but could you imagine the team Prestonsburg would have had, if all of these kids would have stayed together. They would be battling it out with Mayfield for a championship in 2A.
^You could combine the Paintsville and Prestonsburg rosters and Pikeville was still going to win going away last night.
jetpilot Wrote:The game was never in doubt, at least not for me. If you think Paintsville's defense is good, you must have thought Pikeville's defense looked like a college D.

I think Pikeville scores about 20-30 on Belfry so in comparison to what Paintsville gave up, yes they are a good class A defense.

Pikeville's D wasn't facing as strong an offense as Paintsville's was yes they looked good. Pikeville is good and actually real good.

Game wasn't in doubt but it COULD have been interesting if Pikeville goes 3 and out to start the 4th.
jetpilot Wrote:^You could combine the Paintsville and Prestonsburg rosters and Pikeville was still going to win going away last night.

I think Cat Daddy’s point was, they kind of did combine the rosters and............Pikeville still gave them a beat down. lol
jetpilot Wrote:^You could combine the Paintsville and Prestonsburg rosters and Pikeville was still going to win going away last night.

:truestory:
Eagleland Wrote:Rumor mill flying in Johnson Co that Paintsville has offered their old OC his job back as offensive coordinator plus the O line coaching position. Can someone confirm this ?

He left to spend more time with his family so I don't understand this comment. He didn't lose his job, he wanted to leave.
2000PHS Wrote:I think Pikeville scores about 20-30 on Belfry so in comparison to what Paintsville gave up, yes they are a good class A defense.

Pikeville's D wasn't facing as strong an offense as Paintsville's was yes they looked good. Pikeville is good and actually real good.

Game wasn't in doubt but it COULD have been interesting if Pikeville goes 3 and out to start the 4th.

A good defense doesn't give up 36 points.:dontthink
EastKYProud Wrote:I think Cat Daddy’s point was, they kind of did combine the rosters and............Pikeville still gave them a beat down. lol
Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:A good defense doesn't give up 36 points.:dontthink

I get it. But with that line of thinking, there is only 1 good defense in Class A. Beechwood. Any other Class A team ain't holding Pikeville under 30.