Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 51 Paducah Tilghman 27
Final
Competitive game for a half. Tilghman completed one pass that torched Mayfield for a 70 yard TD.
Congrats to Mayfield.
Overall, I thought Mayfield played good. Mayfield pitched a shutout the last 3 quarters. I don't see Mayfield losing in the regular season and this maybe the best offense ever? More weapons than anyone by far in 2A. Tilghman needs to regroup, I think they will win lots of games this season.
When their QBs are on, MF's O looks unstoppable. Just too many weapons and Stinson was really spinning it tonight. MF's D gave up some big plays, but you have to give PT credit on those. They have a ton of speed and some great big play threats. These are two really talented teams that are going to win a bunch of games.
Gonna be tuff to outscore mayfield. Need to work on tackling, big time.
First, the big kickoff return right up the middle. That’s just track speed by PT. They definitely have speed.

Next you get them in a 3rd and 12 and the qb throws the pass right on target for an easy td. The PT fans even said he threw 3 for 12 in practice against air. So that was a fluke.

Then the big runoff their left side. That obviously was something they hadn’t shown this year because I noticed Coach Dew and Coach Morris discussing this afterwards.

If you pull those 3 plays they would’ve had very limited yardage and only 1 score for the game. But, dang they have speed. If you are playing them, you gotta get to them backs early. If you wait til they get some steam built up, you ain’t catching them.
Way to go Cardinals!
Cardinals better tighten that defense up Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Cardinals better tighten that defense up Smile

It was terrible in the 1st quarter but turned up the heat the rest of the way.
Great game mayfield! Got a heck of a team! Do they play Beechwood this year? If so where is it at?
billsizemore63 Wrote:Great game mayfield! Got a heck of a team! Do they play Beechwood this year? If so where is it at?

Not this year but Beechwood moves to 2A next year.
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:It was terrible in the 1st quarter but turned up the heat the rest of the way.

Yeah and a explosive offense for sure.
Mayfield
Rushing- Kent Trey Matthews-32-256-4
Passing- Jayden Stinson 19-27-324-2

Paducah
Rushing- Makel Askew 11-81-1, Jayden Freeman 4-91-1
Passing- Cam Marshall 1-9-68-1
Snakesnot Wrote:Overall, I thought Mayfield played good. Mayfield pitched a shutout the last 3 quarters. I don't see Mayfield losing in the regular season and this maybe the best offense ever? More weapons than anyone by far in 2A. Tilghman needs to regroup, I think they will win lots of games this season.

There's a team in Corbin that doesn't think you'll go undefeated in the regular season.

Good luck in a couple of weeks when Haddix actually opens his playbook past page 2.

The Estep kid SHOULD be Mr. Football if he keeps up what hes doing.

Pay attention to what they do to beechwood
Mathews might get 1000 yards in 4-5 games this season, he is a very very good back.
Cardinal offense has been a machine this year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There's a team in Corbin that doesn't think you'll go undefeated in the regular season.

Good luck in a couple of weeks when Haddix actually opens his playbook past page 2.

Not all that worried about Corbin...good team

Too many weapons for C to handle

Just watch out for trick plays from C
A BAKERS DOZEN!!! 13 in a row!!! Why bother calling this a rivalry, its not!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There's a team in Corbin that doesn't think you'll go undefeated in the regular season.

Corbin worries me, they are the real deal
If I were a Mayfield fan, I would be wondering what happens when we play a team that has a defense and can throw the ball just a little.
Tica Wrote:If I were a Mayfield fan, I would be wondering what happens when we play a team that has a defense and can throw the ball just a little.

What are you implying?
Corbin and Mayfield should be a great matchup. If either of these teams think it’ll be a one sided game, then they’ll likely be disappointed. Both teams have an excellent chance of winning it all in there respective class. It’ll be both teams biggest challenge in the regular season, in my opinion.
2 blowouts the next 2 weeks. It will give us a chance to rest some players. Then a 3 score win over Corbin. Write it down, 3 scores. I said it, bring it up if I’m wrong.
VERY good win last night! Like someone stated earlier, give PT all the credit for coming at us with everything they had...And they've got some weapons to do it with...But give the cardinals credit for not being stunned by them, but throwing it right back. I felt like I was watching Rocky v Apollo Creed in the first quarter...Wow!
And while I was a disappointed in our first quarter defensive performance, I was that much more impressed by the D played by the redbirds in the last three. The Askew kid from Tilghman was really difficult to get to the ground...The Freeman kid was blazing fast...Yet the cards contained them both for the final three quarters...All this on a night where your hated rival is really motivated to stop a 12 year losing streak...Count me impressed with this group of Cardinals.
Anyone read the headline from the Paducah Sun on the game? 😳 Somebody might want to proof read those things before they get printed...lol
twenty4seven Wrote:Anyone read the headline from the Paducah Sun on the game? 😳 Somebody might want to proof read those things before they get printed...lol

What did it say?
mysonis55 Wrote:2 blowouts the next 2 weeks. It will give us a chance to rest some players. Then a 3 score win over Corbin. Write it down, 3 scores. I said it, bring it up if I’m wrong.

Mysonis55 this site isn’t the national enquirer you want be able to hide your prediction in 51 states Confusedalute:Confusedalute:Confusedalute: SEPTEMBER 21, 64SUR is going for two in Austin Peay :Cheerlead ( unfinished Business )
Cardinals with 600 yards against arguably the fastest D they will face all year.
Kirby - 100 yard run
Freeman - 68 yard pass
Freeman - 69 yard run
Askew - 58 yard run

Was Cliff asleep in the first half? Oh, wait a minute, these were all flukes.