Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 21 Raceland 14
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rams give one away
Congrats to Kittens. Find a way to beat a good team
Wow great game. Ashland a lot of work to do. Raceland will be a very tough out in the playoffs.
I attended this one. Ashland is fast and Raceland is as good as was advertised. They probably should’ve won this game. Key was a 4th down stop by Ashland on the goal line and then throw a 99 yard TD pass on the next play.
Great High School football game! Both teams deserved to win!
Good game to build on , great experience for young QB Raceland showed me a lot , little better than I thought, Rams gonna be a tough out in November
1A Raceland making a statement I expected a high scoring game. Tells me both teams are pretty good on defense and defense gets you Kroger Field. Congratulations both teams :Cheerlead
Way to go Tomcats. Good effort from The Rams.
T-CATS Wrote:Wow great game. Ashland a lot of work to do. Raceland will be a very tough out in the playoffs.
They sure will. A 1A shootout in The East.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Good game to build on , great experience for young QB Raceland showed me a lot , little better than I thought, Rams gonna be a tough out in November
You got that right. They will be tough and battle tested.
Merry X-Mas Putty tats
Yeah....put this one on the list of should’ve would’ve could’ve but in the end Ashland got it done and the Rams didn’t
Didn't expect that
Other than two big plays. One a 99 yard pass and the other a 70 yard pass the putty tats got dominated. But in the end the only thing that matters is the scoreboard.
The bad...our special teams coverage is solid. kicking game has got to improve and until it does, i say go for 2. ...nownthe good...the stats wont show how well our DBs actually played. Ratliff probably went for around 300 yds but over half of that came on 2 plays. both were great tosses. but outside of those two plays our DBs played a helluva ball game. our interior DL and LBs did a great job for the most part, which was my standout suprise. Our OL was as advertised for 3 quarters. that Ashland DL was big and quick but our OL held their own. we seem to be in really good shape as team. very well conditioned.

Jake Heighton ia goina be an incredible QB. he madensome great throws tonight and only had two forced throws imo. Great night for him. Hunter Lacks is a workhorse, with Judd out he put the team on his back and fought all he could. When we get Judd back, thats goina be a heck of a 1-2 punch and imo, if we had both backs, we would have won the game.

We have along way to go. but we are far better than I thought. Hats off to ashland, they made the plays to win the game. but I am very proud of how our boys played tonight.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Other than two big plays. One a 99 yard pass and the other a 70 yard pass the putty tats got dominated. But in the end the only thing that matters is the scoreboard.
I'm not sure they would win if the played at the end of the season.
We gotta get better in the redzone. Left 3 TDs off the scoreboard. I expected a 40 somethin 20 somethin Ashland win...we r headed in the right direction if we stay healthy.
Raceland fans should be very pleased with this performance. The QB looked good. The Rams dominated the Tomcats on the lines. The backs ran hard. The defense tackled well. I thought the Raceland coaches outcoached the Ashland side as well. The plan was outstanding. Raceland has a real shot to make it back to Kroger Field this year.

Ashland did what they needed to do in the 2nd half. They came out of the locker room down 14-0 but fired up and got 2 scores to change the game. They let Raceland drive the ball down the field over and over and then held on 4th downs near the goal line. And the 99 yard pass play was obviously the play of the game. Ashland has some serious work to do if they plan on having a chance to go far in the playoffs this season.

Good game to watch.
Putty tats had 80 yds on the ground and 241 through the air. Take away the 99 yard pass and the 70 yard pass. And they have 72 yards passing and 150 total.
I don’t know about the rest of you Ram fans but I think of Judd Adkins was able to play tonight and with him and Lacks both pounding the putty tats we win the game going away.
Sounds like a nightmare on Elm Street for Raceland. Could the questionable call ghost have been present tonight.
The personal foul call at the end of the game was the biggest bull crap call ever. That’s why the ref took his but chewing from our coach and didn’t say a word. He knew he blew it.
Anybody know why the Raceland coach decided to let time expire at the end of the 2nd quarter instead of taking a shot at putting another TD on the board? Didn’t make sense to me.
I have to admit that was a head scratcher.
RamsFan Wrote:Anybody know why the Raceland coach decided to let time expire at the end of the 2nd quarter instead of taking a shot at putting another TD on the board? Didn’t make sense to me.

That was confusing simply because they were driving the ball down the field with ease and then just stopped on that drive. I think if we score on that drive it’s all but game over for the Tomcats.
we left at least 3 tds out there tonight. Ashland had alot to do with that w some great goal line Def, but regaurdless of why, that has to be fixed. imo, our offense already looka better this year.
WOW! Sounded like a heck of a game. And as others have said, the battle in class A in the east is going to be a war. Congrats Ashland.
This was a great game; back and forth all night!

Congratulations to the Tom Cats on their victory, and if you two play again I hope to make the drive to see it!
Lord almighty my Red Devils are in big trouble when they meet these two teams... congrats to both on an outstanding high school football game