Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs. Hopkinsville
Who ya got?Lots of speed on both sides im picking Mayfield in a high scoring game.
Running clock. Hoptown overrated.
I like Mayfield by alot. Speed everywhere. Defense needs to get better starting with linebackers and the extra point snapper.
Yeah i noticed the linebackers in the first half were to far off the los and werent filling the gaps as they should thankfully that was adjusted at the half.
Mayfeild 56
Hopkinsville 20

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
I don't see the Tigers being able to slow down this Cardinal offense, although losing Neely to injury gives the Cards 1 less big play threat. Still too much, too often.. Mayfield scores 50+ in this one with a running clock very possible.. I do think the Tigers will manage to pull off a few big plays or sustain a drive or 2, so, I'm going to say Mayfield 54 Hoptown 21..
Conventional wisdom tells me it is very hard to go against Mayfield. While anything is possible, I'll take the Cardinals.
Mayfield - 28
Hoptown - 23
Mayfield by 30
Mayfield 42,600
Hoptown 14
MHS wins 56-14. 14 probably comes late.
Lot of uniforms to wash got Mayfield. Young kids play early and often
E's Army Wrote:Lot of uniforms to wash got Mayfield. Young kids play early and often

Not so sure about that, got to get tackled to soil uniform
I'm in agreement with 55 here - Mayfield should score 50+ on the Tigers and whatever they score should come late in the game... might have a couple of big plays but Cards will over-power them.
Mayfield 56
Hopkinsville 14
Mayfield does not even need to practice again until Corbin week.
Go HopTown !
Tica Wrote:Mayfield does not even need to practice again until Corbin week.

This is not accurate. Mayfield will have to contend with PT and Graves Co. Graves Co will be the best game on the schedule for Mayfield this year.
mysonis55 Wrote:This is not accurate. Mayfield will have to contend with PT and Graves Co. Graves Co will be the best game on the schedule for Mayfield this year.

It maybe the best game for mayfield to win Graves County and PT, But Corbin will be the best lost of the year for Mayfield ...................................................Marked it down 55 in Austin Peay :Guitar01::Guitar01::Guitar01:
I am one of the biggest mayfield fans and have not missed many games in the past 20 yrs but, I am not seeing the awesome team it seems most commenting are. The running game is decent have few good sized recievers. Special teams are terrible quarterback overthrowing and under throwing replay of last years state championship. Probably the worst defense I have seen from a mayfield team in years. I am not getting down on the team but think they have a lot of work to do to get to the status people here are making them out to be.
I’m curious how that evaluation was made. I think I have missed maybe 6-7 games since 2002 or so. I didn’t miss many before then either. I haven’t seen an offense that scores like this one. Even on the TN forums they were referring to it. The offense is blistering. I don’t think we had a drive Fri that took more than 5 plays. We ran at will. We passed at will. The only drive we had stall was on a stupid play call, where we tried to run pond water to the right and then throw a Hail Mary on play 2 and got way behind the sticks. Now, the defense has some issues but, rarely are you going to find a running team as efficient as UC. If they made a mistake, they got lucky and the ball found its way back in their hands. I think the LB is really the only issue there and MHS always manages to fine tune those guys over time. I see 15-0 this season with little struggle.
I did not actually see the stats from last week but you are right we scored and got a lot of yards on big plays even then balls were thrown short or overthrown that were easy touchdowns. Union City is a run team so in practice that’s what there defense defends against. We should have scored 50 throwing over top of them. I just think if we continue to play as we played last week against teams that are used to a passing game and has a mediocre offense have a chance. On defense I haven’t seen the Hurt the Fox the Jackson that is willing to lay the wood to someone. That person will have to show up or this D is going to have a long year. Of coarse I am no expert just stand observer.
CARDFAN16 Wrote:I am one of the biggest mayfield fans and have not missed many games in the past 20 yrs but, I am not seeing the awesome team it seems most commenting are. The running game is decent have few good sized recievers. Special teams are terrible quarterback overthrowing and under throwing replay of last years state championship. Probably the worst defense I have seen from a mayfield team in years. I am not getting down on the team but think they have a lot of work to do to get to the status people here are making them out to be.

Give the team time to develop. This team has lots of potential. We will have a better idea pretty soon.
mysonis55 Wrote:I’m curious how that evaluation was made. I think I have missed maybe 6-7 games since 2002 or so. I didn’t miss many before then either. I haven’t seen an offense that scores like this one. Even on the TN forums they were referring to it. The offense is blistering. I don’t think we had a drive Fri that took more than 5 plays. We ran at will. We passed at will. The only drive we had stall was on a stupid play call, where we tried to run pond water to the right and then throw a Hail Mary on play 2 and got way behind the sticks. Now, the defense has some issues but, rarely are you going to find a running team as efficient as UC. If they made a mistake, they got lucky and the ball found its way back in their hands. I think the LB is really the only issue there and MHS always manages to fine tune those guys over time. I see 15-0 this season with little struggle.

Corbin will be a gig test.
CARDFAN16 Wrote:I did not actually see the stats from last week but you are right we scored and got a lot of yards on big plays even then balls were thrown short or overthrown that were easy touchdowns. Union City is a run team so in practice that’s what there defense defends against. We should have scored 50 throwing over top of them. I just think if we continue to play as we played last week against teams that are used to a passing game and has a mediocre offense have a chance. On defense I haven’t seen the Hurt the Fox the Jackson that is willing to lay the wood to someone. That person will have to show up or this D is going to have a long year. Of coarse I am no expert just stand observer.

After one game you have drawn these conclusions?
Yes After 1 game I can definitively say as of now the cards are not living up to the 50+ point beating being predicted not that the won’t get there.
Tonight one wonders if Hatch playing Stinson at QB will eventually cost a title run.
He has the GC Eagle football way of choosing positions what did you say your name is oh then your the QB