Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montgomery County’s Schedule
I see Montgomery listed in the top ten in 5A. I looked at their schedule and they have the weakest schedule I have ever seen in my life. They play a really good Anderson County team and a mediocre Mad South team and then nothing else but bad, like really bad teams. How can a team have a schedule that bad?
Call bell county and ask for Dudley Hilton and he can tell ya. Hahaha

Teams don’t get anything out of this. All it does is pad the coaches stats. As I Said in another thread. I would rather lose our next 4 games against really tough competition (Danville, mayfield, beechwood) and be prepared for the playoffs than beat a team by mercy rule and gain nothing
The schedule is just loaded with teams that will go winless. Wow
You do realize that these schedules arent made up the week prior to the season, correct? Let the kids play the game and the schedule ahead of them. Six games on the road isnt exactly padding the schedule...

Aug 18, 18 Breathitt County second year of contract
Aug 24, 18 East Jessamine second year of contract
Aug 31, 18 Harrison County historical opponent
Sep 7, 18 George Rogers Clark historical opponent - main rival
Sep 14, 18 Fleming County second year of contract
Sep 28, 18 South Laurel second year of contract
Oct 5, 18 Madison Southern district
Oct 12, 18 Anderson County district
Oct 19, 18 Woodford County district
Oct 26, 18 Lincoln County second year of contract
South Laurel is improved a bunch. Should be a good game. But they were terrible when the game was scheduled.
There's nothing wrong with Montgomerys schedule. We are in the 2nd year of the cycle. When Montgomery signed these contracts the program was not at the point it is today. When you take over a down program you schedule wins, and the people who schedule you expect to beat you too, that's why they agree to play. Next years schedule might look a little different.
It makes a little more sense, just really bad teams. South Laurel is not a good team. They are a 500 team at best. How do you Montgomery fans see the season going with Mad South down this year?
BoyleCo Wrote:I see Montgomery listed in the top ten in 5A. I looked at their schedule and they have the weakest schedule I have ever seen in my life. They play a really good Anderson County team and a mediocre Mad South team and then nothing else but bad, like really bad teams. How can a team have a schedule that bad?

Madison Southern must have lost everybody if they are mediocre. They played at Kroger Field last year.
BoyleCo Wrote:It makes a little more sense, just really bad teams. South Laurel is not a good team. They are a 500 team at best. How do you Montgomery fans see the season going with Mad South down this year?

it isn't the strongest schedule for sure. South Laurel is much improved.
Arrowhead Wrote:You do realize that these schedules arent made up the week prior to the season, correct? Let the kids play the game and the schedule ahead of them. Six games on the road isnt exactly padding the schedule...

Aug 18, 18 Breathitt County second year of contract
Aug 24, 18 East Jessamine second year of contract
Aug 31, 18 Harrison County historical opponent
Sep 7, 18 George Rogers Clark historical opponent - main rival
Sep 14, 18 Fleming County second year of contract
Sep 28, 18 South Laurel second year of contract
Oct 5, 18 Madison Southern district
Oct 12, 18 Anderson County district
Oct 19, 18 Woodford County district
Oct 26, 18 Lincoln County second year of contract

East Jessamine has won 3 or 4 straight districts and beat MOCO last year. This schedule was made when they were absolutely terrible and had a new coach hired in late spring.

That said. They should never ever ever had scheduled Breathitt for two straight years at moco or Fleming. I don’t care how bad you are. When you’re 5A, you don’t schedule that level of completion.