Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Paducah Tilghman 35 McCracken Co. 6
McCracken Co. scores during a running clock. Tilghman with a punishing ground game and strong defense.
Congrats PT
PT may just be good enough to surprise a few people this year------
Of all the games between these 2 teams for the last 6 years and I've seen them all, this has to be worst beating even when McCracken beat them badly 2 years ago. Tilghman just plain out whipped them. I saw Mayfield game the night before, they are very good. Tilghman just might have a very slight chance. McCracken ZERO chance.
Tica Wrote:McCracken Co. scores during a running clock. Tilghman with a punishing ground game and strong defense.

Just curious about the running clock rule in Western,Kentucky is it 35 :pondering:
Really good win for PT.....might need to keep one eye on western KY moving forward.
64SUR Wrote:Just curious about the running clock rule in Western,Kentucky is it 35 :pondering:

It sho nuff was 35 Saturday night. Others also asked.
36 is the number.
I think if the coaches agree they can start the running clock prior to the 36 point margin.
I saw the game as well. I don’t see these two teams being able to beat the Cards this year. PT had a lot of cramps against the Stangs. They were chasing pond water. So, I’m not sure they will have a player left without cramps after chasing the Cards for a couple quarters.
Cramps were an issue, but a 3A team vs a 6A team sees players going both ways vs. players going one way.
I saw a few cramps in the Cards game as well, jus as anyone else on the first game of the season probably saw.
PT will have to develop some sort of passing game beyond the one completion seen Friday. Also, if PT throws rainbows against Mayfield, the game will be over early. I suspect they will try to air it out some this weekend in Jackson, Tenn.
Huge win a momentum builder for a team that it seems has not been able to catch a break of late. PT will be dangerous this year. How bad is McCracken?
Mccracken is not the team they were, but they have some good pieces.
I would expect they improve through the season.
PT shouldn't lose to Liberty Tech this week. They were shutout this past week by a good, but, not great Friendship Christian team, 19-0.. They're also coming off a 1-8 season.. Liberty was strong in 14, 15 and 16, going 8-3, 13-1 and 12-3 with a sub state loss in 15 and a state championship loss in 16. But, like sometimes happens, have fallen on hard times recently.
The Cards really didn’t have many, if any cramps. I see PT being able to keep the spread to 20 points or so against the Cards this year. I think that’s about as close as they will get. Now, as for the question about how bad the stangs are, terrible. I predict at best they are a 500 team. Most likely 2-7 or 3-6. I understand the Marshall’s took them deep into a scrimmage before anyone scored.
Did P.T. look that good or is McCracken Co. going to be a bottom feeder in 6A this year?
Rip/Spin Wrote:Did P.T. look that good or is McCracken Co. going to be a bottom feeder in 6A this year?
A little bit of both.
I was surprised by this outcome. I expected McCracken to be a handful in 6A playoffs as Trinity's district plays the McCracken district in the first three rounds in '18.