Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What incoming 7, 8, and 9th graders should we look out for in 14th
Who are the up and comers in the 14th?
clay1 Wrote:Who are the up and comers in the 14th?
Whoever is brought in from another region I guess Confusednicker:
What does the 13th have coming in?
15th region has some great talent in those grades coming thru.
Owsley has a good group of 7th graders with the new coach Travis Smith’s daughter Carly leading the way at pg. They’ll see a lot of JV play this year. They played a lot of 5th/6th grade games and tournaments last year. Won a big tournament at the Sports Plex back in either Feb or March. They only lost 3 or 4 games last year in elementary and played a lot of games and many times traveling long distances. This group of middle schoolers have much upside for the future. And there’s several incoming 6th graders that were key on their team last year, so the future looks bright in Owls country for girls basketball.
Estill will have an 8th grader that is gonna be really really good at both basketball and softball in Mia Hale
Strikeout King Wrote:Estill will have an 8th grader that is gonna be really really good at both basketball and softball in Mia Hale

I thought Hale was an 8th grader last season, will be a freshman this season. And she is a good player.
justthefacts Wrote:I thought Hale was an 8th grader last season, will be a freshman this season. And she is a good player.

I stand corrected, she will be a freshmen.
I know this is 13th region girls but Jackson County has a talented group of 8th grade and freshman coming in that will be fun to watch for a few years.
I was going to make another thread for the other regions. But that’s ok, you guys got it going.
Leslie has a great group of 8th graders this year. Five girls that have a lot of potential. The 7th grader Bailey Davidson played some valuable minutes last year on varsity. She has a chance to be a special player for them over the next few years.
No particular order but these girls from Pike County have bright futures and I look to hear a lot about them in near future.
Kristen Bailey Valley 8th grade
Kelsey Owens Dorton 8th grade
Emma Robinson Dorton 8th grade
Trinity Rowe Pikeville 7th grade
Kyera Thornsbury Belfry 7th grade
Looking at 14th. Perry’s Hoskins is best middle schooler in region. Second would be Perry’s Proffitt (sister to Lindsey) and third will be Knott’s Fletcher. I look for Honeycutt to really use Fletcher this year. Got a lot of talent. Leslie’s Davidson is one to watch as well. RW Combs has dominated region for years now, so Perry will benefit from having this group of girls from years to come. They are loaded with Hoskins and Proffitt leading them. Someone said that they had only lost about 6 games since the third grade. So, definite ones to watch.
That is a very talented group. We have played them a couple of times in panoramas and kept it respectful until late in the game. They are very well coached and fun to watch. How long will Proffitt be out with the injury?
EastKyPride Wrote:That is a very talented group. We have played them a couple of times in panoramas and kept it respectful until late in the game. They are very well coached and fun to watch. How long will Proffitt be out with the injury?

Didn’t know she was hurt. What happened?
I may be wrong but was told she had knee surgery so I’m guessing acl
Is Proffitt back at Perry? The last I heard is that she moved to Letcher.
Owsley Middle will play Mountain View Saturday at 4pm at the Nixon Center. Davidson and company way to much fire power for them. Mountain View by more than 20!
MountainBaller Wrote:Owsley Middle will play Mountain View Saturday at 4pm at the Nixon Center. Davidson and company way to much fire power for them. Mountain View by more than 20!
Maybe so but Owsley’s 6th grade team only lost 3 or 4 games last year. They won a tournament at the Sports Plex in Hindman in February which included wins over Leslie on their way to the championship trophy. But of course that event didn’t include 7th graders who are now 8th graders. You may be right with your prognostication. We’ll just have to wait and see.
MountainBaller Wrote:Owsley Middle will play Mountain View Saturday at 4pm at the Nixon Center. Davidson and company way to much fire power for them. Mountain View by more than 20!
Heard the margin was 15 today. Your prediction was pretty close.
I heard Mountain View won. Heard Davidson played well. Heard she had a ACL injury in the spring, and trying to battle back from it.
MountainBaller Wrote:I heard Mountain View won. Heard Davidson played well. Heard she had a ACL injury in the spring, and trying to battle back from it.
Mt View won 49-34.
Da Truth Wrote:Is Proffitt back at Perry? The last I heard is that she moved to Letcher.

Yep she has apparently transferred. I asked someone who would know a few days ago. Letcher gets a good player.
clay1 Wrote:Who are the up and comers in the 14th?

Hazard has Annie Harris underneath (a 10th grader), who has made great leaps in her skills over the last 2 years. Libby Danner will be a 10th grader this year and looks to come out on fire this season and help this small, but fast Bulldog team, also Joanna Wallace is a 9th grader to watch.

Perry Central apparently has lost the young Profitt girl to another school. That leaves Courtney Hoskins and Alyssa Beverly from R. W. Combs. Hoskins a very capable ball handler and Beverly a definite threat from outside.

I wouldn't count out any of the young girls from Leslie Co. or the young talent coming into the Knott Central team either. All very talented and quick.
14th region middle school tournament semifinals take place today. Some awesome young talent on display. Mountain View vs RW Combs at 2pm, Whitesburg vs Hindman at 3pm. Games at Nixon Center in Hyden.
MountainBaller Wrote:14th region middle school tournament semifinals take place today. Some awesome young talent on display. Mountain View vs RW Combs at 2pm, Whitesburg vs Hindman at 3pm. Games at Nixon Center in Hyden.

Should be some great games there. If you want to see the up and coming talent...this is it.

Jonesy
All 3 games where decided by less than 3 points. Future looks bright for girl basketball in the mountains.
Freshmen
Rowe and elswick at Shelby valley. Shelby valley should be one of the top 10 teams in Kentucky.
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Freshmen
Rowe and elswick at Shelby valley. Shelby valley should be one of the top 10 teams in Kentucky.

You don’t get out of the 15th much do you?
No the 15th dominates