Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anderson County with Transfers
Anderson County will start the 2018 year with 2 new transfers. A 6' 3 320lb Junior lineman from Lincoln County and Junior RB Charles Collins from Montgomery County who rushed for over 2,000 yards last season. Changes that district race IMO.
OMG....don’t say the T word !!!!!
I'm not big on transfers but that is the way things are now. I'm a Bearcat fan so I guess I like it.

Is Sam Harp still helping out at Anderson County?
Good for Coach Peach. You won't find a nicer guy. Side note - is the Collins boy the one who transfered from Breathitt to Montgomery and now to Anderson?
Sam Harp is still in Anderson County as a coach. One of the biggest reasons they had such a good year last year. He is amazing. I would love to have him team up with coach Smith. Anyway, he told me he plans on being there for at least the next 4 years so they should be really good for a while.
That team is super thin numbers wise but they have some real talent. The Collins boy is legit. I saw him play 2 games last year and I can say he was one of the top 3 running backs in 5A. They have a Defensive End, Darion Dearinger that I get to see train at Aspirations in Louisville and he is a beast. About 6'4 240 and moves like a deer. I watched his Hudl highlight film from last year where he started as a freshman and wow! I have been trying hard to recruit him, lol. They have a lineman named Ryan Stratton that trains there too, looks to about 6' 6 340. He is good. Aggressive. On top of that they have Zach Labhardt who is one of the best athletes in 5A and a QB that will be a sophomore that has a lot of upside. Dearinger and Labhardt were Freshman and Sophomore All State selections. I see no depth as their issue. I see the same thing with Mercer County. Just not enough kids. Interestingly enough, Anderson's QB, Jagger Gillis, brother was the QB for Mercer Co last year. Anderson beat Mercer last season with both brothers starting QB for different teams. What?
BoyleCo Wrote:Sam Harp is still in Anderson County as a coach. One of the biggest reasons they had such a good year last year. He is amazing. I would love to have him team up with coach Smith. Anyway, he told me he plans on being there for at least the next 4 years so they should be really good for a while.

Not me. I'm old school. IMO pigs will fly before that happens.
LOL!!! I hold no grudges. You have to admit he is an amazing coach. I am greedy I want all the best in BC.
Collins kid is same one that started out in Breathitt before Montgomery
The Collins kid is a player!
Zach Labhart is a stud.
Sam Harp is an amazing coach and not to get off topic, but why did he struggle so much in Tennessee?
Real Badman Wrote:Good for Coach Peach. You won't find a nicer guy. Side note - is the Collins boy the one who transfered from Breathitt to Montgomery and now to Anderson?

Collins' dad has been an assistant coach over the years, at all those schools named, plus a few more. Pretty normal to pull the family along whenever he has moved.
My son was a senior at Madison Southern last year. Collins is a freaking beast. I think Montgomery will be better this season with him than Anderson was going to be? Am I crazy ?
also may I add that if Collins was going to transfer could it of been to a different district? I could of helped him find somewhere not on the Mad South schedule :hilarious:
Q's Your Daddy Wrote:My son was a senior at Madison Southern last year. Collins is a freaking beast. I think Montgomery will be better this season with him than Anderson was going to be? Am I crazy ?
I thought he went to Montgomery.
Anderson County will start the 2018 year with 2 new transfers. A 6' 3 320lb Junior lineman from Lincoln County and Junior RB Charles Collins from Montgomery County who rushed for over 2,000 yards last season. Changes that district race IMO.
Coach Peach is one of the better ones in the state.
After last season I would have ranked Montgomery and Anderson a toss up to win this district. Anderson has the line and supporting cast and Montgomery County had the skill players. After Collins transfer it gives Anderson a great team. Their line is big, strong, and aggressive. Labhart is a top 5 running back in 5A and so is Collins. Montgomery has a great QB with some good receivers but their main linemen graduated. I actually think Anderson’s defense will be what wins them their district and I believe they play for a state title. The won’t have to play Bowling Green, Warren S, or Catholic until championship game. They have one of the best defensive ends in the state 6’4 240lb Darion Dearinger, Zach Labhart plays linebacker, and 6’3 230lb Colton Cornish is an unknown player but he is legit D1. Their 6’4 435lb noseguard and 6’6 320lb DT are physically impressive as well. I got to see 2 of their practices this year. Been to 3 Lex Cath practices too. Scouting already for next year.
my son was a senior last year at Southern. He said he felt like Anderson was faster on both sides of the ball than we were. He feels like Collins @ Anderson will put them over the top. They about knocked us out of the playoffs early last year.
Think they got a transfer from Woodford too, looking at the roster online, or there are 2 kinda with the same name 15 miles apart.