Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 Kentucky High School Mr. Basketball...
...is Elizabethtown's Steffphon Pettigrew! An article on the website of the News Enterprise, a newspaper out of Hardin County, just announced Pettigrew as KY's 2007 Mr. Basketball. IMO, he was hands down the best player in the state. He led the state in scoring with 33.6 points per game, and was 2nd in rebounding with a 13.8 average. Elizabethtown finished just 17-11, and was eliminated in the first round of the 17th District Tournament by North Hardin. Let's hope Gillispie lands this kid. IMO, he will be a valuable asset for the Cats, especially with Stewart and Williams coming in.

Here is the link to the article: http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/article...news00.txt
No surprises, but an awesome award. Congrats to Pettigrew. He may be a future Wildcat, but honestly, he'd have a better career at Western or Saint Louis - the schools that really covet his services.
congrats.
Congrats to Pettigrew! Well deserved.
Agree with Strikeoutking...I think this kid has the passion and many think better player than former player (Antoine Barbour) at the current time of thier careers.

I say take him to the new coach, I know another 6"5 kid and with limited scholarships a recruit that you can not go wrong with as a new coach.
Congrats Pettigrew!
Congrats, but Kentucky is still a little bit to much for him, he would be an excellent player at the schools already recruiting him. Congrats and Good Luck
Congrats