Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin vs. Hazard(State Tournament)
Hate to see mountain teams matched up right off the bat. Should be a good game nonetheless.
Easy Wind Wrote:Hate to see mountain teams matched up right off the bat. Should be a good game nonetheless.

At least a mountain team is guaranteed a win.
Either team likely has Greenup County up next... And then PRP or St. X.

No easy road.
zaga_fan Wrote:Either team likely has Greenup County up next... And then PRP or St. X.

No easy road.
It's the State Tournament. The road shouldn't be easy.
LineDrive11 Wrote:It's the State Tournament. The road shouldn't be easy.

:truestory:
This one is a toss up for me. I’m sure Corbin will throw Estep and any time he is on the mound they have got a good chance. I know Hazard has a good team with a lot of power at the plate so it’s going to be an interesting matchup.
It does suck that 3 of the teams from EKY are all in one section but that means there is a lot better chance that one EKY team will win two games and advance to the final four.
4-0 Hazard bottom of the third.
4-0 Hazard top of 5th.
5-1 Final. Hazard takes on Greenup.
Morris 16 Ks in a dominate performance. Hazard was able to scratch 5 runs in against Estep. Corbin brought in #14. He pitched well holding Hazard scoreless for rest of game. Corbin got something started with Estep in the 6th. Plating 1 run before hitting into a 4-6-3 DP killing the rally. Morris shuts the door rest of way. Striking out side to end game. Hitting 88 on the gun on his last pitch. LMU getting a dandy in Morris.
Morris kid has a cannon. When he walked the first two i thought we’d have some success against him but he got better as the day went on.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Morris kid has a cannon. When he walked the first two i thought we’d have some success against him but he got better as the day went on.

He usually takes a few pitches to lock-in, but when he's on he is one of the best around.
Congrats to Hazard.
I talked to a few scouts who said the stadium radar gun is 1-2 mph slow. I saw on Twitter where PBR had Morris last pitch at 90 mph. Gas.
Congrats to both Hazard and Corbin. Hazard plays the game of baseball well and they deserved to win. Corbin did a have a small threat, but Morris shut that door pretty quick. Hazard has much upside and I hope the can win it all!