Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 4 Pikeville 2
JC comes back from being down 0-2 in the bottom of the 7th to score 4 runs and get the 'Dub, 4-2.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Great game Pikeville up 2-0 with 2 outs in 7th when a dropped fly ball in the rain led to 4 unearned runs. But Pikeville could actually be a contender in the 15th...:Cheerlead
jetpilot Wrote:Great game Pikeville up 2-0 with 2 outs in 7th when a dropped fly ball in the rain led to 4 unearned runs. But Pikeville could actually be a contender in the 15th...:Cheerlead

Coach Priode and staff have done an incredible job this year. Complete rebuild and have been ultra competitive the last month.
jetpilot Wrote:Great game Pikeville up 2-0 with 2 outs in 7th when a dropped fly ball in the rain led to 4 unearned runs. But Pikeville could actually be a contender in the 15th...:Cheerlead

All four runs were not unearned. Great job by both teams! Looking forward to a great regional tournament this year.
Johnson Central was the home team so if they’re batting in the bottom of the 7th inning then the final score would be 3-2 and not 4-2. Unless it was a walk off grand slam, that would be the only way to count the 4th run. If they were down 2-0 then the 3rd run would be the only one that counted officially.
I wasn't there by any means but if I'm reading correctly and there were 2 outs and a pop fly was dropped and the score at that time was 2-0 then yes all 4 runs are unearned. Because the third out should have been recorded. So officially those are unearned runs. Doesn't mean the runs following weren't deserved but like I said officially unearned on a pitchers ERA.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Johnson Central was the home team so if they’re batting in the bottom of the 7th inning then the final score would be 3-2 and not 4-2. Unless it was a walk off grand slam, that would be the only way to count the 4th run. If they were down 2-0 then the 3rd run would be the only one that counted officially.

According to Twitter, it was a 2-run walk off HR by JC.....score was tied 2-2 at the time......
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:According to Twitter, it was a 2-run walk off HR by JC.....score was tied 2-2 at the time......

Yes, and the play before that was the dropped fly ball that scored 2 runs. That should have been 3rd out 2-0 Pikeville win hence all 4 runs were unearned.
Micro-Brew Wrote:I wasn't there by any means but if I'm reading correctly and there were 2 outs and a pop fly was dropped and the score at that time was 2-0 then yes all 4 runs are unearned. Because the third out should have been recorded. So officially those are unearned runs. Doesn't mean the runs following weren't deserved but like I said officially unearned on a pitchers ERA.

Exactly.
Well if it was 2-2 with a walk off HR then yes both runs would count. The previous post made it sound like it was 2-0 and a ball was dropped in the outfield which allowed four runs to cross the plate which would have been wrong. Thanks for the clarification.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Well if it was 2-2 with a walk off HR then yes both runs would count. The previous post made it sound like it was 2-0 and a ball was dropped in the outfield which allowed four runs to cross the plate which would have been wrong. Thanks for the clarification.

The post said a dropped fly ball in the rain with 2 outs led to 4 unearned runs, which is accurate.