Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 3 Perry Central 0 (10 innings)
Final from Perry Central in 10

Cottongame had 10 K's for PCC

Rocky Hix throws a CG shutout for Estill
This region is WIDE OPEN! Estill, Powell, Letcher, Hazard or Perry can win this thing. This game was an eye opener for many people. It was a match-up of best on best Cottongame threw 7 for Perry and Hix threw all 10 for Estill! That is a ridiculous stat. With the pitch count rule these days, for a kid to throw all 10 innings in under the 120 pitch limit is crazy. He shut Perry down. They are a Senior dominated team and Hix is just a FRESHMAN! Looking forward to another 3 years of watching this young man mature and his live arm in action.
Estill County's non-region schedule has been fairly brutal. I think that is going to serve them well come tournament time. They are taking advantage of their geographic location and playing teams from the 10th, 11th, and 16th regions, while only playing Perry Central and Letcher Central in region (other than district opponents).

Rowan County (17-4), Bourbon County (14-3), GRC (13-3), Bath County (13-3), Nicholas County (14-5), Madison Southern (11-8)

I think along with the five teams you mentioned, you have to throw Knott Central into the mix as well. KCC has wins over LCC and Powell County, only lost to Hazard 5-0 in all finals. 54th district draw will be huge, as it always is.
0-0 going into the tenth and Estill just broke it open.

Two different stories for this one. Cottongame was throwing strikeouts and 90MPH fast balls while Hix was pitching smart and Estill's defense was stingy all night. Made a lot of tough plays.

To put into perspective the pitch count mentioned above, I think it was the second inning Hix threw four pitches to get all three outs.
Estill followed this win with a very bad 20-4 loss in 5 innings the very next afternoon to Madison Southern....ouch
rawlingsfan Wrote:Estill County's non-region schedule has been fairly brutal. I think that is going to serve them well come tournament time. They are taking advantage of their geographic location and playing teams from the 10th, 11th, and 16th regions, while only playing Perry Central and Letcher Central in region (other than district opponents).

Rowan County (17-4), Bourbon County (14-3), GRC (13-3), Bath County (13-3), Nicholas County (14-5), Madison Southern (11-8)

I think along with the five teams you mentioned, you have to throw Knott Central into the mix as well. KCC has wins over LCC and Powell County, only lost to Hazard 5-0 in all finals. 54th district draw will be huge, as it always is.

Speaking of..... When is the draw?
Strikeout King Wrote:Estill followed this win with a very bad 20-4 loss in 5 innings the very next afternoon to Madison Southern....ouch

Wow! That’s a crazy way to follow up PCC. However, Madison Southern has a good little team. I’d say if Estill had any energy left at all, Southern took away pretty fast.
So this kid went 10 innings and kept it below the max pitches?
jumpshooter Wrote:Speaking of..... When is the draw?

Monday May 7th at 11 AM

Explorer Wrote:So this kid went 10 innings and kept it below the max pitches?

Yes. 106 was the pitch count.