Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @Whitley updates
Bottom of 3rd

Corbin 4
Whitley 4
Whitley hitting estep very well. Already 8 hits including 4 double and triples.

Corbins runs were all on 7 errors for Whitley in the 3rd
2nd homer of the day for corbin

Corbin 5
Whitley 4

Edminston pitching for Whitley already up around 90 pitches

Top of 4th
Still 5 to 4

Bats have cooled for both teams.

Top of 6th
There wasn’t 7errors, just choked
Looked to me like Corbin got hits when they needed them and whitley did not. No choking there. Corbin just played better.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:There wasn’t 7errors, just choked

They originally had 7 errors in the box score.
It's been corrected since
Corbin was looking past them, when they came out swinging Corbin answered. New coach same ole team.
Best part was seeing Larry Brown being as loud as possible when they had the lead and then Corbin went up and it was like he left the building.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Corbin was looking past them, when they came out swinging Corbin answered. New coach same ole team.

I wouldn't get ahead of yourself.
This is clearly a much better coaches Whitley team.

Shope made it pretty clear he wouldn't care about regular season games.

Who does corbin pitch tonight?
He better care about regular season games. Each team in the district has one pitcher that can easily shut u down. Shope is a good coach. When Taylor hit his first off the light pole in left. You can see the air go out of the colonels. They were like here we go again. Along with the errors and everyone hoping to win. Not going to happen. Again I’ve said before whitley has had several good coaches in the past. What I’m seeing is just because u change coaches doesn’t mean things change. It was funny to see Larry quieten down and. Guess who was saying “ should’ve started my boy but they wouldn’t listen to me. He is prepared I’ve had him in every major travel ball team across the country . His last comment was I’m gonna corner SILER AND SHELTON and tell them how good my boy is
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I wouldn't get ahead of yourself.
This is clearly a much better coaches Whitley team.

Shope made it pretty clear he wouldn't care about regular season games.

Who does corbin pitch tonight?

I am not saying that they should’ve looked past them, what I am saying is that they did. I would worry about these games cause everyteam in district has one stud that can beat anyone. It’s just picking your poison if you think you can outlast Ramey/ and McClure at south or Camo at the burg.
We still have Hicks who started last night and 3 p o s. That are combined for 7-0 record. One coming of a complete game shutout of Middlesboro and the other a complete game win against southwestern. You pick
Mr.Obvious Wrote:He better care about regular season games. Each team in the district has one pitcher that can easily shut u down. Shope is a good coach. When Taylor hit his first off the light pole in left. You can see the air go out of the colonels. They were like here we go again. Along with the errors and everyone hoping to win. Not going to happen. Again I’ve said before whitley has had several good coaches in the past. What I’m seeing is just because u change coaches doesn’t mean things change. It was funny to see Larry quieten down and. Guess who was saying “ should’ve started my boy but they wouldn’t listen to me. He is prepared I’ve had him in every major travel ball team across the country . His last comment was I’m gonna corner SILER AND SHELTON and tell them how good my boy is

Brad Shelton is where he is because he knows talent, and the guy your thinking of would have wasted his time and breathe telling Shelton his opinion. Even though I know your dead on he would tell him. And watching Larry switch was worth the first time ever paying admission into a Whitley game, I would have paid 20 to get in. Lol I will be willing to wager his boy gets his Chance to shine tonight, won’t be pretty
Mr.Obvious Wrote:He better care about regular season games. Each team in the district has one pitcher that can easily shut u down. Shope is a good coach. When Taylor hit his first off the light pole in left. You can see the air go out of the colonels. They were like here we go again. Along with the errors and everyone hoping to win. Not going to happen. Again I’ve said before whitley has had several good coaches in the past. What I’m seeing is just because u change coaches doesn’t mean things change. It was funny to see Larry quieten down and. Guess who was saying “ should’ve started my boy but they wouldn’t listen to me. He is prepared I’ve had him in every major travel ball team across the country . His last comment was I’m gonna corner SILER AND SHELTON and tell them how good my boy is

:zzz:
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Corbin was looking past them, when they came out swinging Corbin answered. New coach same ole team.

I'd say in about 3 years maybe 2 the days of looking past them will be over, new coach and he's got them playing a sight better from what they were doing last year. A coach that knows how to develop their kids can do wonders for a team like Whitley if he can duplicate there what he did at Mercer look out!!
blueandgreen Wrote:I'd say in about 3 years maybe 2 the days of looking past them will be over, new coach and he's got them playing a sight better from what they were doing last year. A coach that knows how to develop their kids can do wonders for a team like Whitley if he can duplicate there what he did at Mercer look out!!

If Whitley is going to beat Corbin when it counts then their coach has to get the players to start believing it’s possible. I don’t think they believe they can and until that happens I don’t think they’ll win when it counts.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:If Whitley is going to beat Corbin when it counts then their coach has to get the players to start believing it’s possible. I don’t think they believe they can and until that happens I don’t think they’ll win when it counts.

I'm glad you said that early so I wont have to watch later to find out the results.