Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 66 South Laurel 62 OT (13th region finals)
Hats off to both teams. This was a phenomenal game. Congratulations to Corbin and good luck at Rupp.
This one was Souths to take, but missed key ft's down the stretch. Great game though.
Great game, congrats South on a great season.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:This one was Souths to take, but missed key ft's down the stretch. Great game though.

I had a feeling I’d say along with most this would come down to free throws. I was worried when the kid hit the 3 to send it to OT. Thought we lost it....
Congratulations to Corbin.

Battled adversity and got the job done when I honestly didn't think it'd be their year as of mid- to late-January.

Hats off to them.
South did everything but hit free throws, struggled towards the end of the last game with it too
Hound05 Wrote:I had a feeling I’d say along with most this would come down to free throws. I was worried when the kid hit the 3 to send it to OT. Thought we lost it....

That was a big time shot by Cromer under pressure.
Rogers11 Wrote:South did everything but hit free throws, struggled towards the end of the last game with it too

They’ve struggled with FT’s all year long. They gave North a chance to tie it the other day by missing so many.

Eventually it bit them in the ole behind
RealJokersWild24 Wrote:Congratulations to Corbin.

Battled adversity and got the job done when I honestly didn't think it'd be their year as of mid- to late-January.

Hats off to them.

Really after all the negativity toward the team and community you my friend have many facesConfusednicker:
Hats off to south. Great game from them and they battled hard the entire game. After Ramey hit the 3 after the timeout, then Cromer hit the other three I was nervous. Hats off to Matthew Taylor for nailing two huge free throws near the end of OT, and a HUGE shoutout to Andrew Taylor for putting the team on his back tonight. Words can’t express how excited I am for that kid. Finally gets over the hump and goes to state his senior year.
pjdoug Wrote:That was a big time shot by Cromer under pressure.

H€LL yea it was. That kid is either extremely lucky or has ice in his veins!!! Giving how he played the game..... he’s ice coldddddddddd.
Hound05 Wrote:H€LL yea it was. That kid is either extremely lucky or has ice in his veins!!! Giving how he played the game..... he’s ice coldddddddddd.
I'm sure them getting the ball to start overtime after that clutch shot had the hounds fans worried.
Congratulations Corbin Redhounds :Cheerlead proud of both teams tonight. Andrew Taylor You Are The Man :worthy: and I think we have seen a star sophomore grow up in this regional tournament Mr. Matthew Comer. See you y’all in Rupp with my Corbin Redhounds shirt on. Go Hounds :truestory:
64SUR Wrote:Congratulations Corbin Redhounds :Cheerlead proud of both teams tonight. Andrew Taylor You Are The Man :worthy: and I think we have seen a star sophomore grow up in this regional tournament Mr. Matthew Comer. See you y’all in Rupp with my Corbin Redhounds shirt on. Go Hounds :truestory:

I see what you're doing. You cant lose if you have several teams. Do you have a Scott County shirt?
South Laurel has a heck of a team and coach Davis is one of the best coaches in the state, watch out for the Cards next year they should be the favorite to win the 13th.
Great game. South played their hearts out. Taylor just put Corbin on his back and carried them to the promised land.
Look for South to be headed to state next year. Got Ramey and Cromer coming back
64SUR Wrote:Congratulations Corbin Redhounds :Cheerlead proud of both teams tonight. Andrew Taylor You Are The Man :worthy: and I think we have seen a star sophomore grow up in this regional tournament Mr. Matthew Comer. See you y’all in Rupp with my Corbin Redhounds shirt on. Go Hounds :truestory:

Pretty sure you said you were putting your Corbin gear up until Football season. So you can put on one of your many other shirts and pull for someone else...

Enjoy it.
Rogers11 Wrote:Look for South to be headed to state next year. Got Ramey and Cromer coming back

May have even more than that.

:eyeroll:
I just can’t wait for next year when all the corbin fans show up and then realize they don’t have beloved Taylor anymore.. What a day it will be

You’re a far better man than me 64.
RealJokersWild24 Wrote:May have even more than that.

:eyeroll:

I’ve heard that Dalton may come back
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:I’ve heard that Dalton may come back

He is, came back middle of this year to be on practice squad is what I heard
Rogers11 Wrote:I just can’t wait for next year when all the corbin fans show up and then realize they don’t have beloved Taylor anymore.. What a day it will be

Lol until then we’ll be enjoying our trip to Rupp next week, what about you?
pjdoug Wrote:I'm sure them getting the ball to start overtime after that clutch shot had the hounds fans worried.

If they say they weren’t then they’re lying. I thought we had it put away and was walking out and he hit that shot. They def had the mojo going for them at the time. Free throws just weren’t kind to them. I never understood that though for any team. South can shoot lights out even under pressure but can’t make a free one?
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Pretty sure you said you were putting your Corbin gear up until Football season. So you can put on one of your many other shirts and pull for someone else...

:dudecomeon: Are you still hunting for a team to take some football players if they hired the right coach. Well they hired the right coach at Corbin and Whitley County football. Guess you want send me know more private message :biglmao:
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Pretty sure you said you were putting your Corbin gear up until Football season. So you can put on one of your many other shirts and pull for someone else...

He should choose another cardinal 4 SUR.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Lol until then we’ll be enjoying our trip to Rupp next week, what about you?

If history is any guide, it will be a short trip. But, Scott struggled with LCA, whom Corbin beat. So who really knows. Besides, Scott Co will have to beat the 7th region champ
Rogers11 Wrote:I just can’t wait for next year when all the corbin fans show up and then realize they don’t have beloved Taylor anymore.. What a day it will be

Hahahahahah really dude? You think you’re the only one who knows that south should be better than corbin next year? Haha. You should be calling games for ESPN with an analysis like that. I guess enjoy looking forward to next season????.🤷*♀️. I dunno what to say for a comment like that?