Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Draw
Knox Central vs Harlan
Corbin vs Jackson

Harlan County vs South Laurel
North Laurel vs Lynn Camp
South is probably in favor of losing the district after the draw now. Playing the district winner who seemed to struggle the most in their district tournament.
I’ll take

KC
Corbin
South
North

Then:
Corbin South with Corbin taking it.
Don't think you'll have to worry about the environment at the Arena Saturday. Lol.
Like I said on another thread, barring any first round upsets, Arena may actually sell out Saturday.
Don’t overlook Harlan, Jackson and LynnCamp. They are playing as good as any team.
This region will be great with every game being tuff!
Jackson Co is the Cinderella team!
North's high from last night, probably took a hit this morning. Their draw couldn't have went worse.
Bobcat4years Wrote:Don’t overlook Harlan, Jackson and LynnCamp. They are playing as good as any team.
This region will be great with every game being tuff!
Jackson Co is the Cinderella team!

I agree. Hope the hounds don’t overlook Jackson on way to a rematch with KC. With how their last game went against JC though, I don’t think they will. Jackson county can play.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:North's high from last night, probably took a hit this morning. Their draw couldn't have went worse.

Are you kidding? This is the best possible draw for North. You were guaranteed having to beat two quality teams, but if you had drawn South in the first round then you were looking at three. You avoided that. You get a first round game you should win fairly easily. Then you should get a South team that you don’t match up well with, if they beat us for a third time what can you do but say you got us? If you can pull out a win, then you don’t have to worry about beating Corbin and Knox Central both, just the survivor. And that one if it happens is going to be so emotional, it could be tough for the winner to mentally recover for Monday. So I think it was fine. And based on how the draw turned out, I would actually favor South to win the thing now. They don’t have to beat KC and Corbin both, they get a HC team that is not what it was earlier this year, and they should get a North team they have dominated.
Van Hagar Wrote:Are you kidding? This is the best possible draw for North. You were guaranteed having to beat two quality teams, but if you had drawn South in the first round then you were looking at three. You avoided that. You get a first round game you should win fairly easily. Then you should get a South team that you don’t match up well with, if they beat us for a third time what can you do but say you got us? If you can pull out a win, then you don’t have to worry about beating Corbin and Knox Central both, just the survivor. And that one if it happens is going to be so emotional, it could be tough for the winner to mentally recover for Monday. So I think it was fine. And based on how the draw turned out, I would actually favor South to win the thing now. They don’t have to beat KC and Corbin both, they get a HC team that is not what it was earlier this year, and they should get a North team they have dominated.

I believe you are underestimating Lynn Camp and Dinky way too much. Wouldn't shock me at all to see them upset North the first game. I would actually have trouble picking one if I had to bet money on it. Which I highly discourage. Lol.
Yeah you probably don’t need to be a gambler, if you think a game between a Class A team that had exactly two wins all year over any other team that wasn’t Class A also, a team that just had a running clock put on them in the district finals by a KC team that had lost to North a week earlier, is a toss up game, then please save your money.
Van Hagar Wrote:Yeah you probably don’t need to be a gambler, if you think a game between a Class A team that had exactly two wins all year over any other team that wasn’t Class A also, a team that just had a running clock put on them in the district finals by a KC team that had lost to North a week earlier, is a toss up game, then please save your money.

Lol. You're in for huge surprise I'm afraid. North should beat LC, and probably will. But to think NL is going in as a 40 point favorite is just nuts. I just hope the NL kids don't share your over confidence. NL had just beat Jackson by 30 earlier in the year, and was lucky to beat them last night. See how little earlier season games mean? Rowan county beat North earlier in the season too, so would you pick them over Corbin or Knox? Look, I hope North and South wins. You won't find a better one day atmosphere in the country if it's Knox-Corbin and South-North on Saturday.
If Saturday’s semifinals are Corbin vs Knox Central and South vs North then I might make the trip over there. That atmosphere would be amazing.
Harlan, Lynn Camp is a stretch to win. Jackson Co. can be the one wearing the class slipper. They played very early in season and was a very tight game until the end and ......well it was at Corbin.

Going to be a great tournament.
[quote=Jaguarhoundbird]Lol. You're in for huge surprise I'm afraid. North should beat LC, and probably will. But to think NL is going in as a 40 point favorite is just nuts. I just hope the NL kids don't share your over confidence. NL had just beat Jackson by 30 earlier in the year, and was lucky to beat them last night. See how little earlier season games mean? Rowan county beat North earlier in the season too, so would you pick them over Corbin or Knox? Look, I hope North and South wins. You won't find a better one day atmosphere in the country if it's Knox-Corbin and South-North on Saturday.[/QUOTE
How in the world did you get 40-point favorite out of anything I said? I said fairly easily, which to me at this time of year means 10-12 point range. But no huge surprises coming. Any Dinky team is gonna be well coached. But there is no evidence to think they are gonna win this game.
Van Hagar Wrote:[quote=Jaguarhoundbird]Lol. You're in for huge surprise I'm afraid. North should beat LC, and probably will. But to think NL is going in as a 40 point favorite is just nuts. I just hope the NL kids don't share your over confidence. NL had just beat Jackson by 30 earlier in the year, and was lucky to beat them last night. See how little earlier season games mean? Rowan county beat North earlier in the season too, so would you pick them over Corbin or Knox? Look, I hope North and South wins. You won't find a better one day atmosphere in the country if it's Knox-Corbin and South-North on Saturday.[/QUOTE
How in the world did you get 40-point favorite out of anything I said? I said fairly easily, which to me at this time of year means 10-12 point range. But no huge surprises coming. Any Dinky team is gonna be well coached. But there is no evidence to think they are gonna win this game.

You was just comparing Knox beating LC by around 40 and North beating Knox. That would put North at a 40+ point favorite. We both know that's not how it works, but that's the way it looked. I'm just hoping for the Saturday match ups like I stated, and that all the players stay injury and sickness free throughout the tournament. Should be awesome.
If Lynn Camp can get the game into a real slow grind it out type game then it will be a 1-2 possession game. If north is hitting the threes and gets it into an up and down game. Then north will win by 12+.
Barring first round shockers. Knox vs Corbin and South vs North will be the best atmosphere probably ever in the arena. Sellout and standing room only
Who you got?

IMO

Knox is the favorite, "athletically"
North is favored, "Over Knox"
Corbin can beat them both, "to much baggage"
South "Dark Horse"
Jackson Co. "Cinderella"
Harlan Co. "Hanging on by a thread"
Lynn Camp, "Invitation Only"
Harlan, "Enjoy the Atmosphere"

Just my Ranking for the tournament.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Who you got?

IMO

Knox is the favorite, "athletically"
North is favored, "Over Knox"
Corbin can beat them both, "to much baggage"
South "Dark Horse"
Jackson Co. "Cinderella"
Harlan Co. "Hanging on by a thread"
Lynn Camp, "Invitation Only"
Harlan, "Enjoy the Atmosphere"

Just my Ranking for the tournament.

Knox, Corbin, South, North are favorites.

Lynn Camp and Jackson could pull a upset with a perfect game.
Yeah enough foolishnesss, I’ve got KC by 20 over Harlan, Corbin by 6 over Jackson, North by 12 over Lynn Camp, South by 7 over Harlan Co. Then South over North by 5, Corbin over KC by one in 12 overtime’s (actually I’ll take Corbin by 3 in regulation time) then South by 2 over Corbin in finals, JJ Ramey tourney MVP.
Corbin got a tough draw. Generals are playing extremely well. Probably Panthers who have been considered best or second best team in region all year. If they are lucky enough to get through that they will have whoever comes out of the bottom bracket. North with the best draw. But their path will have two very tough games.
Dam I’m in a tight spot this year. :Hole::Hole::Hole:
Van Hagar Wrote:Yeah enough foolishnesss, I’ve got KC by 20 over Harlan, Corbin by 6 over Jackson, North by 12 over Lynn Camp, South by 7 over Harlan Co. Then South over North by 5, Corbin over KC by one in 12 overtime’s (actually I’ll take Corbin by 3 in regulation time) then South by 2 over Corbin in finals, JJ Ramey tourney MVP.

Definitely braver than me. I don't think any first round game will ever be in question, but I have no clue after that. Lol.
It’s Knox Central region to lose!
Overall best talent and depth, but the question is can they handle the pressure of being hunted by the other 7 teams!
Bobcat4years Wrote:It’s Knox Central region to lose!
Overall best talent and depth, but the question is can they handle the pressure of being hunted by the other 7 teams!

I was under the impression that it's 8 teams to lose. Lol. Couldn't help myself.
If North loses to Lynn Camp than it’s safe to say that they were not winning the 13th no matter the draw.. imo
South and HC will be a war in the first round. Don't bet against the Bears so easily. They're finding ways to win tough games, played a strong schedule, and will be well coached. And they are the defending Champs. This region is wide open. Anything can happen.
Tri State Area Wrote:South and HC will be a war in the first round. Don't bet against the Bears so easily. They're finding ways to win tough games, played a strong schedule, and will be well coached. And they are the defending Champs. This region is wide open. Anything can happen.

You know I worry a little too that maybe we are dismissing Harlan Co. a little too quickly. Like you said they are always well prepared by Mike and they seemed pretty tough mentally to me when I saw them. Other than Nolan, are they back at full strength now?
Saturday day games, what time starting 1???? Thought I heard girls championship is Saturday night. Sorry I've not seen a bracket with times on it yet.
Yeah Saturday semifinal games begin at 1.