Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doss vs Corbin
Is this game still on??
Gunslinger Wrote:Is this game still on??

Why wouldn’t it be :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Why wouldn’t it be :popcorn:

If i recall correctly back a few weeks ago when the "cage" remarks were made...i thought i read on here that Doss had cancelled. On the KHSAA website they now have a game scheduled with Collins in Shelbyville.And With Corbin @Corbin. ??????
@Corbin .....4:30
@Collins...... 6:00

Better be driving fast if they gonna play em both.
Doss is primarily african american. Not hard to imagine they were going to cancel with Corbin after what happened a couple of weeks ago.

Either that or Coach P told them not to come down to due frozen bridges and roads. Inside joke.
That’s a shame
This is a first for me , to see a game canceled for this reason. Hard to believe. Actually very sad.
Predator/Prey Wrote:This is a first for me , to see a game canceled for this reason. Hard to believe. Actually very sad.

Agree, but in this case, it is probably best for all involved. Very volatile situation, especially with the game being at Corbin.

Another incident, especially one with any type of racial element, at the school this soon could have some serious ramifications.

Fair or unfair, sometimes perception is reality, and at this point, the town of Corbin and Corbin High School have almost painted themselves into a corner (i.e., past behavior at games, the yearbook controversy, the Snapchat incident, etc.) and even an accusation (whether true or not) could be devastating. If there were an ugly incident that got caught on film, etc. (and you would imagine that people would be watching in anticipation), then the fallout would be unreal.

If I were in the shoes of the person whose head would roll if things got out of hand, whether it involved me, a player, or a fan, then I'd probably want it cancelled, as it looks like the risk far outweighs the reward.
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Doss is primarily african american. Not hard to imagine they were going to cancel with Corbin after what happened a couple of weeks ago.

Either that or Coach P told them not to come down to due frozen bridges and roads. Inside joke.

A person should have to have been born in or live in Africa to be called African.if you are born in America you are American. Otherwise, my title would be wayyyyyyy too long.
pjdoug Wrote:A person should have to have been born in or live in Africa to be called African.if you are born in America you are American. Otherwise, my title would be wayyyyyyy too long.

Finally something I can agree with pojodoug Confusederiously:
RealJokersWild24 Wrote:Agree, but in this case, it is probably best for all involved. Very volatile situation, especially with the game being at Corbin.

Another incident, especially one with any type of racial element, at the school this soon could have some serious ramifications.

Fair or unfair, sometimes perception is reality, and at this point, the town of Corbin and Corbin High School have almost painted themselves into a corner (i.e., past behavior at games, the yearbook controversy, the Snapchat incident, etc.) and even an accusation (whether true or not) could be devastating. If there were an ugly incident that got caught on film, etc. (and you would imagine that people would be watching in anticipation), then the fallout would be unreal.

If I were in the shoes of the person whose head would roll if things got out of hand, whether it involved me, a player, or a fan, then I'd probably want it cancelled, as it looks like the risk far outweighs the reward.

Your post should offend every Corbin fan on this site "paperboy". You seem to imply that this town and community is perceived as a place of hatred and racism and is about to blow apart, shame on you for inferring this. FAKE NEWS
cherokee Wrote:Your post should offend every Corbin fan on this site "paperboy". You seem to imply that this town and community is perceived as a place of hatred and racism and is about to blow apart, shame on you for inferring this. FAKE NEWS

Don't think it's about to "blow apart", but if you don't think the perception of Corbin has/is bad as far as racial issues go, you may want to get out of Corbin more often, or ask people not of Corbin before labeling fake news.
Everyone knows that Corbin has hosted primarily black teams multiple times including this season right? No accusations of racism from those teams. If Doss doubts how they will be treated they need to call some of the teams Corbin has hosted other than the biggest rivals we have right now. Knox central is extremely petty and have a ton of pride in non existent accomplishments. I've never witnessed a community that is so proud of mediocrity. You folks need to stop beating a dead horse. Doss will receive the same treatment that everyone else does, no better no worse.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Don't think it's about to "blow apart", but if you don't think the perception of Corbin has/is bad as far as racial issues go, you may want to get out of Corbin more often, or ask people not of Corbin before labeling fake news.

Maybe you and joker are the same, I travel all over Kentucky, Virginia, Tennessee and North Carolina working and believe me not everybody perceives Corbin in this manner.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Everyone knows that Corbin has hosted primarily black teams multiple times including this season right? No accusations of racism from those teams. If Doss doubts how they will be treated they need to call some of the teams Corbin has hosted other than the biggest rivals we have right now. Knox central is extremely petty and have a ton of pride in non existent accomplishments. I've never witnessed a community that is so proud of mediocrity. You folks need to stop beating a dead horse. Doss will receive the same treatment that everyone else does, no better no worse.

Single Wing there is a wolf in sheep clothing among us!
cherokee Wrote:Maybe you and joker are the same, I travel all over Kentucky, Virginia, Tennessee and North Carolina working and believe me not everybody perceives Corbin in this manner.

Lol. Ok.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Everyone knows that Corbin has hosted primarily black teams multiple times including this season right? No accusations of racism from those teams. If Doss doubts how they will be treated they need to call some of the teams Corbin has hosted other than the biggest rivals we have right now. Knox central is extremely petty and have a ton of pride in non existent accomplishments. I've never witnessed a community that is so proud of mediocrity. You folks need to stop beating a dead horse. Doss will receive the same treatment that everyone else does, no better no worse.

When did it become about Knox, you had a player post a video full of racism. This is not a dead horse. It is about Doss not coming to Corbin, Why? You just have to answer that question for yourself.
cherokee Wrote:Your post should offend every Corbin fan on this site "paperboy". You seem to imply that this town and community is perceived as a place of hatred and racism and is about to blow apart, shame on you for inferring this. FAKE NEWS

I'm not sure what the paperboy line is about, nor am I sure that you are correctly using inference, but do you.

The point I was trying to make was that, if emotions are already high and there's tension in the air, then a hard foul, elbow, push, or shove, then if you think things were already getting blown out of proportion, then just wait to the reaction for that.

Like it or not, fair or unfair, at least two of their kids have put themselves in a situation where they have targets on them. Not encouraging it, but I don't think it would be a surprise if others tried to test them.

Even if there wasn't an incident with the kids, imagine a situation where a fan says something and things begin popping off. I know that there have been some fights at Corbin basketball games back in the old days (a really bad one with Clay County in the late 70's or early 80's... one of their star players getting suspended for the first round of the regional tournament after the district final and a punch from a Knox Central player in the late 90's...).

At this point in time, do you really think that Corbin wants to take a chance on another incident? How would it look on the news if there were a cellphone video of yet another incident with racial implications? If the incident were bad enough, then I don't see how the KHSAA couldn't step in at some point.

No, no, and no. Just not a good situation, but then again, changing the incidents at Corbin High School sporting events is long overdue, so maybe having Doss roll them on their home floor is the straw that broke the camel's back after another incident happens.
cherokee Wrote:Maybe you and joker are the same, I travel all over Kentucky, Virginia, Tennessee and North Carolina working and believe me not everybody perceives Corbin in this manner.

You live in a dream world. That town has been known for this for 60 or more years. Wake up man.

I'll agree that not everyone in Kentucky, Virginia, Tennessee and North Carolina perceives Corbin that way-- it's probably heaven to some people, so that's not really going out on a limb.

I'm not sure what that statement really proves.

I've had people hear my thick Appalachian accent and ask, "did you grow up close to Corbin?" and you usually know what they are really asking.

I've heard some pretty intense stuff, which, for Appalachia, is saying something.

For example:

Are you going to deny that Corbin kids were waving nooses at OBI (a predominantly black team) during the 2003 All-A Classic?

Why did (one) small business print popular "Rebel Week" shirts for Corbin's football game against Casey County? Did those have Confederate flags? Why would Corbin kids be wearing their opponent's logo on a t-shirt... weird, right?

Have there been instances where Corbin captains have refused to shake the hands of black captains on opposing teams (despite shaking the hands of opposing captains who were white)?
Corbin , denial doesn’t make it go away. No one can ever say that Corbin isn’t known for this behavior in the past.

I don’t think single wing 77 realizes Doss is not making the trip as of now.
Maybe the best anyways, Doss would have rolled Corbin and Instagram would have yet another racist rant from a certain pair.

Maybe P can see if Jellico is available and hope the bridges don't "freeze" over LOL
RealJokersWild24 Wrote:Agree, but in this case, it is probably best for all involved. Very volatile situation, especially with the game being at Corbin.

Fair or unfair, sometimes [COLOR="Red"]perception is reality, and at this point, the town of Corbin and Corbin High School have almost painted themselves into a corner [/COLOR](i.e., past behavior at games, the yearbook controversy, the Snapchat incident, etc.) and even an accusation (whether true or not) could be devastating. If there were an ugly incident that got caught on film, etc. (and you would imagine that people would be watching in anticipation), then the fallout would be unreal.

It's a shame that 2 high school basketball teams 3 hours away had to cancel a game due to the weather, sickness or a scheduling conflict without some clowns trying to make it a racial conflict and degrading the good people of Corbin.
cherokee Wrote:it's a shame that 2 high school basketball teams 3 hours away had to cancel a game due to the weather, sickness or a scheduling conflict without some clowns trying to make it a racial conflict and degrading the good people of corbin.

[attachment=o3691]
Did he just say that. Come on Cherokee.
64SUR Wrote:Finally something I can agree with pojodoug Confusederiously:

about time, band wagoneer.

I've never seen a fan base with as many dramatic whiners as Knox Central. some of their fans are just trying to stir and make trouble. I can't wait to watch them lose again so I can hear them cry :Sad04:
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Maybe the best anyways, Doss would have rolled Corbin and Instagram would have yet another racist rant from a certain pair.

Maybe P can see if Jellico is available and hope the bridges don't "freeze" over LOL

Jellico has black people. You might cry if they play.
Will they play this game or not? If not, who cancelled Corbin or Doss?
I heard no and mutual decision.