Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
54th District/Cantrall Ratings
hazard blows out letcher and buckhorn this week and beats somerset at somerset which was a miracle if anybody seen the officiatingand perry beats corbin at home by 10 points (hazard beat them 30 at corbin) and perry leaps hazard in the rankings. perry and leslie tried every way in the world to put off the seeding until this week and this was why in my opinion
Pretty sure the absurd seeding process ended last week
No one is saying Hazard isn't a good team. They are in the top four in the region, along with Knott, but it will be proven shortly that they are the third best team in our district. You can't dispute the head to head with Leslie, twice and after we play you in the championship game it will be obvious that PCC is the best team in this district.
What kind of seeding process do they use?
Leslie beat Hazard twice. Perry want play Leslie or Hazard during the season.
I guess maybe I don't know enough about it but what are you complaining about if the seeding has already taken place? Did the seeding take place at the same time this year as it did last? Was something done differently at the seeding? What would a coach have to gain if it's already done? So what if they jumped you in rankings if it's already decided.
I though, what every the ranked was on Feb 1. was what seed you got. on Feb 1 Hazard was ranked ahead of PCC and Leslie Co. and also that was the day the boy draw for the district T-ment.
if that is the case it will be Hazard vs Buckhorn and PCC vs Leslie Co. in both the boys and girls district this year.
If the district is gonna seed teams, each team needs to play the other district teams home and away. Its a shame the Leslie and PCC, easily 2 best teams in the region has to play first round of district.
Seeding was supposed to go off this weeks rankings which PCC is #1 in. Funny how Hazard moved it up a week. They can run but they can't hide. CJ I have read your goofy post for years. Sorry your still butt hurt that whoever your family is was not good enough to play for Perry. Time to let it go and move on because you are so clueless to what you post.
Crazylegs Wrote:Seeding was supposed to go off this weeks rankings which PCC is #1 in. Funny how Hazard moved it up a week. They can run but they can't hide. CJ I have read your goofy post for years. Sorry your still butt hurt that whoever your family is was not good enough to play for Perry. Time to let it go and move on because you are so clueless to what you post.

do u have any idea what your talking about? all the coaches voted last year to go by the feb.1 rankings, its in the minutes from last years meeting. perry coach and a.d. tried to get it moved every way they could that's why they wanted to move the meeting until this week so they could argue that they should have the number1 seed. the district is already set so its not a big deal now but how did perry jump hazard this week? does anybody have a logical explanation? hazards beat corbin at corbin by 30 and perry beat corbin at perry by 10. hazard had 2 blowouts this week and a win at somerset so there is no logical explanation why they would jump them
hitter Wrote:hazard blows out letcher and buckhorn this week and beats somerset at somerset which was a miracle if anybody seen the officiatingand perry beats corbin at home by 10 points (hazard beat them 30 at corbin) and perry leaps hazard in the rankings. perry and leslie tried every way in the world to put off the seeding until this week and this was why in my opinion

[Image:

]

#napperisfulloftrickery More mash taters please!!!
Did not matter if meeting was last week, today, tomorrow, the first day of the tournament.
All the coaches and Ad's of the 54th district, voted at last years meeting that the cutoff date was February 1. Whomever was 1st in the Cantrel ranking on that day was the #1 seed.

There was no conspiracy to the meeting being moved up,,, it did not matter when the meeting was.

All the parties involved had the minutes from the 2017 meeting.

All 4 schools should just play and seed and there would not be all this nonsense

Good luck to the 2 teams that advance in 14th region#go54th
I mean I'm a Perry fan but if your gonna be honest Leslie has more of a claim than Hazard at being the one seed. They just beat the supposed one seed two times this season. They are the biggest losers in this flawed seeding process. I guess in the end it really don't matter because it's not going to stop the inevitable and that's everyone seeing red when the nets are being cut down. As for you hitter and ch2561 and even ole fatpat if you don't like it meet me at the Hazard city courts and we will have a little district tournament of our own 24 by 4 for bragging rights. That was me and PCC can add to our trophy collection this year
Still trying to find out how the Cantrall ratings are calculated but found this on khsaa website as far seedlings for 54th.

http://http://khsaa.org/httpdocs/basketball/districtregion/districtseedingplans/District%2054.pdf
Good article about Cantrall ratings but basically says if he tells us how it works he don't have a job anymore.. makes sense..

http://www2.cincinnati.com/preps/2004/02...ernst.html
Crazylegs Wrote:I mean I'm a Perry fan but if your gonna be honest Leslie has more of a claim than Hazard at being the one seed. They just beat the supposed one seed two times this season. They are the biggest losers in this flawed seeding process. I guess in the end it really don't matter because it's not going to stop the inevitable and that's everyone seeing red when the nets are being cut down. As for you hitter and ch2561 and even ole fatpat if you don't like it meet me at the Hazard city courts and we will have a little district tournament of our own 24 by 4 for bragging rights. That was me and PCC can add to our trophy collection this year

that is way big bad PCC will not play Hazard, Leslie Co., KCC. or even none of the other top teams in the 14th region. the best team PCC played in the 14th region is either Wolfe Co at 11-10 or Lee Co at 11-11.
Crazylegs Wrote:I mean I'm a Perry fan but if your gonna be honest Leslie has more of a claim than Hazard at being the one seed. They just beat the supposed one seed two times this season. They are the biggest losers in this flawed seeding process. I guess in the end it really don't matter because it's not going to stop the inevitable and that's everyone seeing red when the nets are being cut down. As for you hitter and ch2561 and even ole fatpat if you don't like it meet me at the Hazard city courts and we will have a little district tournament of our own 24 by 4 for bragging rights. That was me and PCC can add to our trophy collection this year
Then why don't they vote to seed this district. Last time they had the vote, wasn't it Perry/Hazard voted to seed and Leslie/Buckhorn voted to not. If that is the way it was, then they can't say anything about how the seeding turns out every year. Hazard finally beat Coach Napier at his own game, they finally learned how to work the Cantrell ratings in their favor by playing certain games at certain times of the year to increase their ratings at the right time. Coach Brashear out smarted the sly old fox Coach Napier by 1 week this year. Napier will come up with something different next year so this doesn't happen again. :redboxer:
I still don't get how they move PCC ahead of Hazard in this week ratings. last week Hazard beat (39.5)Buckhorn (7-15) by 22 at Buckhorn and (57.0)Somerset (9-15) by 6 at Somerset. the only game PPC had last week was (50.8)Corbin (7-19) at PCC, were PCC won by 10. did the best player on that team walk out on them a few weeks ago.

I ask this somewhere else. but how did they justified moving PCC ahead of Hazard this week. last week Hazard had a 0.4 lead over PCC. this week PCC got a 0.2 lead over Hazard. were Hazard played a better team on the road.
You will understand why toward the end of this month, just be patient.
Hitter, you want to talk about logic. Explain it to Collet and the Lady Eagles. Heck I feel bad for our seniors and the seniors at Leslie. Such an injustice.
I agree that Leslie has a serious gripe. They beat Hazard twice. I don’t think Perry can complain because it’s the system they voted in. When you take the decision off the court and in the computer, anything can happen. Hazard was just fortunate.
Jackson as bad as I hate to say it, you are right. Its always worked in our favor, until now. I want to say this, the Hazard kids are good kids and play hard. This is a nice break for them. I don't want anybody to think I was not giving them credit, I still feel that PCC and Leslie are the two better teams. GOODLUCK to all of you.
None of it matters anyway, in the end there can be only one. Best teams gonna win. About a toss up between 3 teams.
cj2561 Wrote:I still don't get how they move PCC ahead of Hazard in this week ratings. last week Hazard beat (39.5)Buckhorn (7-15) by 22 at Buckhorn and (57.0)Somerset (9-15) by 6 at Somerset. the only game PPC had last week was (50.8)Corbin (7-19) at PCC, were PCC won by 10. did the best player on that team walk out on them a few weeks ago.

I ask this somewhere else. but how did they justified moving PCC ahead of Hazard this week. last week Hazard had a 0.4 lead over PCC. this week PCC got a 0.2 lead over Hazard. were Hazard played a better team on the road.

Probably strength of schedule. Maybe some teams Perry has played had some big weeks.
Best team will prevail regardless. I agree about this system being absolutely terrible, but since this system was determined as the route to seed then everyone has to live with it. Hazard came out with the best positioning in the district tournament but they still have to show up and play. Next year, the coaches need to figure out how to make the system work in their favor or vote to play each other.
Just don't think coach Napier wanted to play against all the kids he lost to Hazard, that is why he wouldn't play them. But if PCC beats Leslie, then the Lady Bulldogs will finally get what they have been asking for. A chance to beat the Lady Commodores. Should be a good one.
Everyone take a chill pill.

First, the district is already set. Perry plays Leslie and Hazard gets Buckhorn.

Second, I would imagine the Perry folks didn't want to play Leslie and the Leslie folks didn't want to play Perry. Most coaches in that position would try to push things back to avoid that as well. I don't know that anyone should really want to play Hazard right now either - but pick your poison.

And finally, the 54th District (absurdly) seeds using Cantrall ratings. Those ratings are formula-based (to my knowledge) and take into account every game in the state. While it looks like Hazard had the better week before these ratings came out, you can't just look at that. Some teams Hazard beat accounting for Hazard's high score may have taken a loss and dropped their number. To me, it's hard to take any ranking seriously when Leslie beat Hazard twice - once on the road and once on a neutral court - and they were behind them significantly in the rankings. Leslie has laid a couple eggs and ended up paying for it with this rating. But they are just as capable of winning the region as anyone.
#1 crazy legs I help put some of those trophy in perry centrals trophy case did u? And 2 there is no logical way that Perry should have jumped hazard when perry beat Corbin by 10 at Perry and hazard had 2 big wins and they beat somerset away. Hazard beat Corbin by 30 at Corbin when they had there best player. Everything else comes down to strength of schedule and hazard has that locked
Inside out, leslie definetaly has a better case but they have played 1 top 20 team and they got beat to death hazard has played 4 and won 2
Leslie has a couple bad losses and hazard doesn't unless u consider leslie a bad loss